This thread currently has 7,555 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
JayF82
November 26, 2023, 11:40pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Approval: +13
Quoted from JayF82

Interest is just that. Clubs will watch a player numerous times and still might not end up making an offer. All I said is there is interest in Cam and Alfie as a few clubs have been watching them several times this season one club watched both of them 5-6 times I’ve been told. Doesn’t mean an offer is imminent.
There’s been talk apparently for a few years about U21s but I think they prefer sending lads out to play non league as playing against men which is better than playing U21 which a lot of our youth could easily do now.

There will be loads at the Forest FA Youth Cup game to see how they do against a decent CAT 1 club after that depending on how they do could be what makes them make an offer. It’s hard sometimes to judge if they will be good enough at a CAT 1 when watching them at CAT 3.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 62
JayF82
November 26, 2023, 11:57pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from JayF82

Interest is just that. Clubs will watch a player numerous times and still might not end up making an offer. All I said is there is interest in Cam and Alfie as a few clubs have been watching them several times this season one club watched both of them 5-6 times I’ve been told. Doesn’t mean an offer is imminent.
There’s been talk apparently for a few years about U21s but I think they prefer sending lads out to play non league as playing against men which is better than playing U21 which a lot of our youth could easily do now.

What is also good for them is only Shak got his contract extended to a 3rd yr scholar no pros got given out last season as they thought they had better players coming through this and next season and didn’t want anybody in there pathway. So for Cam Edwin Essel is the next striker above him and he’s 2 yrs older. If he doesn’t get kept then Cam basically has nobody ahead of him to the first team. Alfie is only a 1st year and playing ahead of his age already but has another year before he’s worrying about a pro.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 62
JayF82
November 26, 2023, 11:57pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from JayF82

What is also good for them is only Shak got his contract extended to a 3rd yr scholar no pros got given out last season as they thought they had better players coming through this and next season and didn’t want anybody in there pathway. So for Cam Edwin Essel is the next striker above him and he’s 2 yrs older. If he doesn’t get kept then Cam basically has nobody ahead of him to the first team. Alfie is only a 1st year and playing ahead of his age already but has another year before he’s worrying about a pro.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Youth Team

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.