7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
November 16, 2023, 2:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,340
Gold Stars: 119
Gardner , Khouri , Giles and Conteh all look exciting players for our future - things might not be as rosy as we had hoped in the first team this season but at least it looks like we are planning forward with a high calibre of player . It may be in 2 years time that they are regulars but I hope that they fulfill their potential as it looks above league 2 .

Are there any more players in the youth setup that look like they could make the step up ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 16, 2023, 5:27pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +848
Gold Stars: 118
Cam Gardner has played for the first team a few times, I believe, albeit as a substitute. But if he has had the experience of playing with and against the big boys, and he's scoring for fun for the yoof team, how would you feel if he was put in the starting XI alongside Danny Rose?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 62
ginnywings
November 16, 2023, 5:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Cam Gardner has played for the first team a few times, I believe, albeit as a substitute. But if he has had the experience of playing with and against the big boys, and he's scoring for fun for the yoof team, how would you feel if he was put in the starting XI alongside Danny Rose?

I'd feel he was too young and inexperienced to be given that responsibility. We aren't in a position to be trying out youth players at the moment. If/when we get to a safer place in the league, a few cameo appearances wouldn't be out of the question if he is genuinely a prospective first teamer.

It's a big step up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
forza ivano
November 16, 2023, 7:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Mappers
Gardner , Khouri , Giles and Conteh all look exciting players for our future - things might not be as rosy as we had hoped in the first team this season but at least it looks like we are planning forward with a high calibre of player . It may be in 2 years time that they are regulars but I hope that they fulfill their potential as it looks above league 2 .

Are there any more players in the youth setup that look like they could make the step up ?

Bramwell n Gardner were obviously 'trusted' by the previous regime. Understand that the lad ,the ex Scunt, who got 2 last night, is a goalscoring machine, albeit a  different (& younger) type of forward to Gardner. Shakeel Brown, a winger from Wolverhampton, is another one to look out for; could well earn a pro deal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
Mariner16
November 17, 2023, 4:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Forest at home in round 3 which is a great draw for the lads. Should be a good crowd at BP
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
1mickylyons
November 17, 2023, 4:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Mariner16
Forest at home in round 3 which is a great draw for the lads. Should be a good crowd at BP

When is the game be nice to pack the ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 62
aussiej
November 17, 2023, 5:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +118
Gold Stars: 17
Tough game for the lads.
Notts Forest were in the final last season and played well to only lose 3 - 1 to Man United in front of a 67 000 crowd at Old Trafford. I hope we can pack blundell park out and give the lads a great night in front of their own fans. It needs to be pushed a bit by the club to get the interest going...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
Poojah
November 17, 2023, 5:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,605
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from Mariner16

I seem to remember watching the youth team play Arsenal in the late nineties, early noughties. If memory serves, Jermaine Pennant played for Arsenal and was quite the draw in himself, as he'd not long signed from Notts County for £2m, which at the time was an obscene amount for a 15-year old. I think we lost fairly comfortably, but the Main Stand was reasonably full that night. Good atmosphere.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
IowaMariner
November 17, 2023, 5:30pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +79
Gold Stars: 7
Anybody know if Gardner’s suspension would be competition specific? That is, to be served in the league or in the youth cup vs Forest? Could be key and I’m sure he’d be devastated to miss out in the cup.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
Norseman
November 17, 2023, 10:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Has it been announced the game will be played at BP as they usually play on the grass pitch Grimsby borough use at Bradley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Youth Team

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.