7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 26, 2023, 12:10am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,202
Gold Stars: 265
Dont think Shakeel is a 2st year pro is he? Although I was told an offer might be in the offing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 62
Wyberway
November 26, 2023, 10:11am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +43
Having no team between the first team and youth team is the biggest obstacle in keeping our best prospects. Why would Gardner sign a professional contract if he had a lot of interest from other clubs. Makes no sense, unless he can’t wait to go on loan to Grimsby Boro
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 26, 2023, 12:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,696
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from forza ivano
Dont think Shakeel is a 2st year pro is he? Although I was told an offer might be in the offing

This is why I find the academy system so bloody frustrating. As soon as you get a decent prospect the big guys just come and gobble them up for pretty small fees before they even get chance to sit on the first team bench!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
Grantham_Mariner
November 26, 2023, 1:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,190
Gold Stars: 51
Would be nice to have it live on Mariners TV

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 62
LocalLadGTFC
November 26, 2023, 1:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,219
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from forza ivano

Shakeel is still on YT terms
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 54 - 62
JayF82
November 26, 2023, 5:30pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Approval: +13
Quoted from forza ivano

Shak is U19 (1st yr pro or 3rd yr scholar)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 62
JayF82
November 26, 2023, 5:33pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Wyberway
Having no team between the first team and youth team is the biggest obstacle in keeping our best prospects. Why would Gardner sign a professional contract if he had a lot of interest from other clubs. Makes no sense, unless he can’t wait to go on loan to Grimsby Boro

Why would he not sign his pro ?? Just because clubs are watching him doesn’t me he definitely going to be bought, he could get injured next week.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
Wyberway
November 26, 2023, 6:49pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +43
Quoted from JayF82

Why would he not sign his pro ?? Just because clubs are watching him doesn’t me he definitely going to be bought, he could get injured next week.

Because there is no pathway to the first team and he’d get paid more higher up the pyramid. Are these clubs telling you that they’re interested but won’t commit then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
JayF82
November 26, 2023, 11:28pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Good thing Cameron Gardner signed a 3 year pro deal then isn’t it 😄

Contract means nothing apart from Grimsby can ask for a bit more money. Which big clubs won’t be bothered about and will pay as there’s a limit as classed as compensation as product of academy, even though he only signed at scholar as from Newcastle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
JayF82
November 26, 2023, 11:35pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Wyberway

Because there is no pathway to the first team and he’d get paid more higher up the pyramid. Are these clubs telling you that they’re interested but won’t commit then?

Interest is just that. Clubs will watch a player numerous times and still might not end up making an offer. All I said is there is interest in Cam and Alfie as a few clubs have been watching them several times this season one club watched both of them 5-6 times I’ve been told. Doesn’t mean an offer is imminent.
There’s been talk apparently for a few years about U21s but I think they prefer sending lads out to play non league as playing against men which is better than playing U21 which a lot of our youth could easily do now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Youth Team

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.