10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
October 28, 2023, 6:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,260
Gold Stars: 236
Some interesting things said, such as something underlying causing poor results. A plan is in place, meetings with players and staff at Cheapside tomorrow. I suspect that we won’t be waiting too long.
Private Message
jonnyboy82
October 28, 2023, 6:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Link mate ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 93
It Bites
October 28, 2023, 6:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 265
Yeah anyone got a link please ?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 93
MuddyWaters
October 28, 2023, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 93
Manchester Mariner
October 28, 2023, 6:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Some interesting things said, such as something underlying causing poor results.

The conspiracy theory which caused poor results seems to be too much reliance on woke ideals and the deep state according to some select posters on here and something to do with the Guardian, plus yoghurt knitting.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 93
arryarryarry
October 28, 2023, 6:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Blaming the data and not the performances FFS.

Poor performances have got us where we are looking at going back to the National League not frigging data.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 93
listy
October 28, 2023, 6:59pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -26
Gold Stars: 3
Listening to the interview there could be more to go, reading between the lines. I don't think there will be an announcement until after the cup game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 93
ginnywings
October 28, 2023, 7:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,146
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry
Blaming the data and not the performances FFS.

Poor performances have got us where we are looking at going back to the National League not frigging data.

Seems to me that they are blaming Hurst and Doig, seeing as they have relieved them of their duties.

What did you want them to say? "We were excrement, so they had to go".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 93
moosey_club
October 28, 2023, 7:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Decent enough statement/interview....effecting change a key point for me....and the data references ....I think data shows what we all see...lots of possession, little effort on goal, low goals scored......translation = its fking boring to watch and hasn't brought many points.

I expect the new people to have an attacking style of play and don't buy for one minute they don't have someone in mind given they have been looking at data for a while.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 93
toontown
October 28, 2023, 7:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from moosey_club
Decent enough statement/interview....effecting change a key point for me....and the data references ....I think data shows what we all see...lots of possession, little effort on goal, low goals scored......translation = its fking boring to watch and hasn't brought many points.

I expect the new people to have an attacking style of play and don't buy for one minute they don't have someone in mind given they have been looking at data for a while.

Said something along the lines of they have been discussing the situation a lot in the last couple of weeks. Sounds to me like the Accrington defeat was when replacement searching started in earnest. Probably Hurst was told he had the next 3 games to effect change or else they would, that was why the decision could be taken so quickly today. Also perhaps why Hurst was so defensive with his 'we continue doing what we're doing' interview after Tuesday - he by that stage had made his bed by telling them his way would work and it was just bad luck it hadn't so far. He just had to motor on with it 2 games into the 3 or else lose credibility.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 93
arryarryarry
October 28, 2023, 8:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Seems to me that they are blaming Hurst and Doig, seeing as they have relieved them of their duties.

What did you want them to say? "We were excrement, so they had to go".

Doh.............Yes, we have been excrement but they said we have been playing well but it was the data.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 93
GibMariner
October 28, 2023, 8:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from arryarryarry

Doh.............Yes, we have been excrement but they said we have been playing well but it was the data.

It simply “Catch Phrase”. Say what you see
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 93
ginnywings
October 28, 2023, 8:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from arryarryarry

Maybe so, although I would say we have played decent in patches without much rub of the green, but why bring up how rubbish we have been when they have just sacked the manager and his assistant? Fairly self evident.

Not the time to start telling all and sundry that we have been sh1t is it? They ultimately carried the can, so no point rubbing it in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 93
Azimuth
October 28, 2023, 8:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Did someone mention Data?
Perhaps the over reliance on Data instead of good old fasioned football managment is the issue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 93
Rodley Mariner
October 28, 2023, 8:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from arryarryarry

No he didn't. He said the data suggested performances weren't that bad but they felt something underlying was wrong and that they needed to make the change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 93
lew chaterleys lover
October 28, 2023, 8:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,726
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

No he didn't. He said the data suggested performances weren't that bad but they felt something underlying was wrong and that they needed to make the change.

Data suggested performances weren't that bad tells you everything you need to know about data analysis.

The most boring, flat, slow football possible,with usually zero attacking intent and latterly a defence with the strength of blahmonge and the data tells you it wasn't that bad? What exactly was the data that showed it wasn't bad? Was it the good stats of pass completion, which unfortunately were as slow as a sloath between the back 4?

This decision should have been made weeks ago when it was obvious to us all.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 93
ginnywings
October 28, 2023, 9:19pm

Recovering Alcoholic

Data suggested performances weren't that bad tells you everything you need to know about data analysis.

The most boring, flat, slow football possible,with usually zero attacking intent and latterly a defence with the strength of blahmonge and the data tells you it wasn't that bad? What exactly was the data that showed it wasn't bad? Was it the good stats of pass completion, which unfortunately were as slow as a sloath between the back 4?

This decision should have been made weeks ago when it was obvious to us all.

All academic now, but having more possession, more shots and more shots on target than our opposition in a number of games is probably what they are referring to.

The Colchester game being a prime example. The chances we spurned in that game were criminal, and we lost to a deflected shot. Them's the breaks and PH paid the price.

If you think the new guy won't also be fully conversant of, and fully utilising stats, then you are mistaken, even though you think they are ridiculous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 93
crusty ole pie
October 28, 2023, 9:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,352
Gold Stars: 66
A sad day but in reality it was the correct decision and highlighted by the fact Paul almost certainly knew it was coming yet he was unable to change the style of play today. I really thought there would be some change in our approach but no just the same lots of effort but no intensity and cutting edge. So thank you Paul for some great memories and best wishes for the future.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 93
Stadium
October 28, 2023, 9:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from ginnywings

All academic now, but having more possession, more shots and more shots on target than our opposition in a number of games is probably what they are referring to.

The Colchester game being a prime example. The chances we spurned in that game were criminal, and we lost to a deflected shot. Them's the breaks and PH paid the price.

If you think the new guy won't also be fully conversant of, and fully utilising stats, then you are mistaken, even though you think they are ridiculous.

This.
Some think its only GTFC using data analysis.
Anybody who thinks nobody else is using it are living in the past.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 93
lew chaterleys lover
October 28, 2023, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

It is academic because they are just statistics from a football match. They don't show the shots on target wouldn't get past me if I was in goal. The possession is completely irrelevant because it had very little end product. So many of the teams we have played have also been so poor we may have had slightly better stats, but still lost.

The only good team we have played for weeks is Barrow whose stats were infinitely better than ours but they lost! And you think we should take any notice of them?!

I'm sure the new chap will follow current orthodoxy but it won't do him a bit of good.

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 93
ginnywings
October 28, 2023, 10:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic

It is academic because they are just statistics from a football match. They don't show the shots on target wouldn't get past me if I was in goal. The possession is completely irrelevant because it had very little end product. So many of the teams we have played have also been so poor we may have had slightly better stats, but still lost.

The only good team we have played for weeks is Barrow whose stats were infinitely better than ours but they lost! And you think we should take any notice of them?!

I'm sure the new chap will follow current orthodoxy but it won't do him a bit of good.

It doesn't matter what I think, or what you think. All clubs use stats whether you refuse to accept their relevance or not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 93
Mappers
October 28, 2023, 10:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,336
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from ginnywings

Maybe so, although I would say we have played decent in patches without much rub of the green, but why bring up how rubbish we have been when they have just sacked the manager and his assistant? Fairly self evident.

Not the time to start telling all and sundry that we have been sh1t is it? They ultimately carried the can, so no point rubbing it in.

What is the data though ?

Can it tell you the ball hit the post and rolled along the line today ?
Or that Amos could have squared the ball the other night for 1 of 5 players ?
Or that Eastwood looked frozen when coming for an easy catch ?

I'm very confused about this data & Stockwood Al talk
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 93
lew chaterleys lover
October 28, 2023, 10:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

It doesn't matter what I think, or what you think. All clubs use stats whether you refuse to accept their relevance or not.

Obviously I know and agree with that, but I am arguing they are pointless. Too many moving parts, too many different scenarios, too many variables involving the manager, the standard of player, the opposition, luck or bad luck, confidence or lack of, who is analysing the data and whether they come to the right conclusion (do you think most analysts would come up with different conclusions from the same data, as they surely would?).

It's a modern phenomenon for sure, but just like Hurst couldn't get a tune out of this set of data (players) another manager will do due to a different playing philosophy, so just how sophisticated would the data analysis be to match players with a suitable manager?.

I will always be in a minority of one, but I think it is utterly ridiculous that stats tell you it's not too bad when we can't win a game in a near silent BP with terrible performances and when we did win all the data was in Barrows favour.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 93
immariner
October 28, 2023, 10:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61

It is academic because they are just statistics from a football match. They don't show the shots on target wouldn't get past me if I was in goal.

Mate, that's called xG. FFS, just because you don't understand something, it's unsurprisingly not worthless to those who do. Data's clearly just a tool, not an oracle. Stockwood explained that in the interview
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 93
lew chaterleys lover
October 28, 2023, 10:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from immariner

Mate, that's called xG. FFS, just because you don't understand something, it's unsurprisingly not worthless to those who do. Data's clearly just a tool, not an oracle. Stockwood explained that in the interview

Thats not it though, is it? It doesn't take into account who the goalie is, or his abilities. Every game is different due to the standard of the opposition.

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 93
ska face
October 28, 2023, 10:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Are we going to have to put up with you making this point every single match under the next manager too? It’s not going to change.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 93
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 28, 2023, 10:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555

I will always be in a minority of one, but I think it is utterly ridiculous that stats tell you it's not too bad when we can't win a game in a near silent BP with terrible performances and when we did win all the data was in Barrows favour.

I know we play in black and white but you do realise there is a massive area of grey that sits in between don’t you?

Nobody on this forum or at the club thinks that stats and data are the sole driver for success. Like Yoda, they are merely a tool.

We all sit in the big grey band. For some reason, you seem to want to lurch to the extreme on this despite no-one, absolutely no-one, being positioned on the opposite extreme.

I know NLN clubs (not that one!) who analyse in-match sprint data to highlight potential fitness or underperformance issues. It is one part of modern football.

I agree with you that football is beautifully random but stats and data can, and I emphasise ‘can’, improve chances of success.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 93
Tommy
October 28, 2023, 10:41pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76

Thats not it though, is it? It doesn't take into account who the goalie is, or his abilities. Every game is different due to the standard of the opposition.

....yeah, and that's exactly why data/stats are only used as a tool to help the assessment of a situation. I don't think anyone out there is claiming to be just using a data-led approach and not using personal opinion or scouting by the human eye.

Especially Hurst himself, who said repeatedly that his own pair of eyes could tell him more about a player than a collection of stats, but that there was still a place for stats in the initial stages of identifying targets to go out and scout.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 93
BraStrap
October 28, 2023, 10:42pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 1
If data is going to drive every decision maybe we should get some better data.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 93
lew chaterleys lover
October 28, 2023, 10:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Are we going to have to put up with you making this point every single match under the next manager too? It’s not going to change.

I don't see why not, we've put up with your bile for years with (mainly) good grace. As you might say if you don't like it don't read it.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 93
ska face
October 28, 2023, 10:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Because you evidently don’t know what you’re talking about. I keep reading in the hope that one day you might’ve taken the opportunity to educate yourself on the matter but, alas, the day had not yet arrived.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 93
arryarryarry
October 28, 2023, 10:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
With regard to data analysis you don't need it to see that we have signed some crap players, played some crap tactics and crap performances and are 4 places above the bottom of the football league.

I will add some data for free.............

We are 1 point worse off after 16 games than we were with that twit Holloway's squad.

That in itself is enough to be sacked for.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 93
cardiffmariner
October 28, 2023, 11:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
I bet the data for the top 5 teams is better than the data for the bottom 5.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 93
forza ivano
October 28, 2023, 11:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,207
I'm sorry lew, but you're making yourself look a bit silly.
You will use data, or have data used on your behalf, every day of your life
You choose which insurance to take out based on the data of price, service, convenience etc etc - the data doesn't tell you who to use, but it gives you soem guidance. Equally data informs the insurance company as to what to charge you.
Presumably you have some of pension? The pension and investment community uses data all he time to INFORM its decisions. INFORM being the operative word.
I'm sure Jason has made the same point,as did PH.
One last point. If our data scientist said that throw ins down the line in our own half are 10% less likely to result in the opposition gaining possession, or if throw in down the lines in the opposition half resulted in 5 or 10% more crosses or chances, would you still ignore those stats, or might you just incorporate them into your tactical plan?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 93
arryarryarry
October 28, 2023, 11:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
You choose which insurance to take out based on the data of price, service, convenience etc etc - the data doesn't tell you who to use, but it gives you soem guidance. Equally data informs the insurance company as to what to charge you.
Presumably you have some of pension? The pension and investment community uses data all he time to INFORM its decisions. INFORM being the operative word.
One last point. If our data scientist said that throw ins down the line in our own half are 10% less likely to result in the opposition gaining possession, or if throw in down the lines in the opposition half resulted in 5 or 10% more crosses or chances, would you still ignore those stats, or might you just incorporate them into your tactical plan?

If using these data analyists and recruitment guys have brought us to this situation they should be sacked and replaced.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 93
ginnywings
October 28, 2023, 11:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
When we were in that slump in non league and people were calling for the head of Hurst, the board kept him on because the stats suggested we were better than the results were showing, and we went on to get promoted, so you could say, in that particular case, the use of stats worked very much in our favour, and we had a fortnight that will never be forgotten.

If we had got rid at that time, you never know what might have happened, but there is a more than even chance we would still be in non league.

Who knows?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 93
forza ivano
October 28, 2023, 11:26pm

Exile
Quoted from ginnywings
When we were in that slump in non league and people were calling for the head of Hurst, the board kept him on because the stats suggested we were better than the results were showing, and we went on to get promoted, so you could say in that particular case, the use of stats worked very much in our favour, and we had a fortnight that will never be forgotten.

If we had got rid at that time, you never know what might have happened, but there is a more than even chance we would still be in non league.

Who knows?

and that's part of the point isn't it? 1878 gave him time a year ago because the stats, and their eyes, could tell we were there, or thereabouts. It's obvious that this year the stats and their eyes are telling a different story. They've still given PH time, but the stats and performances and results are no different. Hence it's time to make a change
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 93
arryarryarry
October 28, 2023, 11:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I wonder what the stats were when he took us out of the Football League?
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 93
ginnywings
October 28, 2023, 11:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from arryarryarry
I wonder what the stats were when he took us out of the Football League?

Wonder what the stats are for the percentage of your posts you have mentioned that in the last 2 years?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 93
GibMariner
October 29, 2023, 2:58am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

This.
Some think its only GTFC using data analysis.
Anybody who thinks nobody else is using it are living in the past.

All clubs use data, but most don’t talk about it as though something new has been invented.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 93
arryarryarry
October 29, 2023, 4:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Wonder what the stats are for the percentage of your posts you have mentioned that in the last 2 years?

Probably not as many as you flipping moaning about my comments, if you don't like what I post don't read them f'wit

Well my stats were right, he took us out of the League, so why are we 4th from bottom if our stats are that good or is that just a bit too difficult for you to understand?
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 93
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
October 29, 2023, 5:16am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
I think Jason handled this very well, it would have been easy for him to let their obvious friendship get in the way but it’s good to see the club came first. UTM

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 93
Sandford1981
October 29, 2023, 6:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Data in and of itself is neither bad nor good, purely it’s a numerical representation of a physical act in a football match (in this context).
The majority of the time the information is only as useful as the person interpreting it.
But we all do it without realising it everyday in normal life but in football also.

How do we assess a midfielder for example? Made some good passes but gave it away 3 times and excrement out of at least 2 tackles in the last couple games. Puts in a shift for 90minutes but positionally goes missing and so I’m not so keen on him. That’s data!

How do you assess your striker? Works tirelessly running the channels and pressing but isolated far too often and flicks headers through to their keeper as a result. Lacks physicality against ale house centre backs but picks up too many yellows. Does have an eye for goal though with 6 in his last 10 games. He’s a must for the starting 11.
That’s data!

‘The league table doesn’t lie’ is a cliche in football but that’s data too. It’s everywhere in various guises.

I don’t think I’ve read anyone saying it should be the only tool in the box but it’s part of football and always has been. It’s part of a modern manager’s armoury.
The way we collect it and use it has changed but it’s always been there in some form or another even if it’s not blatantly obvious and it’s benefit not appreciated by all.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 93
pen penfras
October 29, 2023, 7:14am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ginnywings
When we were in that slump in non league and people were calling for the head of Hurst, the board kept him on because the stats suggested we were better than the results were showing, and we went on to get promoted, so you could say, in that particular case, the use of stats worked very much in our favour, and we had a fortnight that will never be forgotten.

Who knows?

That interview is so contradictory. Why give him that game if you've decided to get rid anyway? Would a win yesterday have meant all was OK and he should carry on?

The data and performances are good, but they got rid. Yet they never considered sacking him in the NL with a worse run.

If they said something underlying was wrong, I missed it, but he should have gone whenever they realised this, which wasn't at 5pm yesterday.

All a bit odd to me. If he just said we're excrement and need a change to get the best out of capable players then I'd understand it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 93
pen penfras
October 29, 2023, 7:23am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from GibMariner

All clubs use data, but most don’t talk about it as though something new has been invented.

Absolutely. And we had most of this data long before Hurst was here. We didn't have the guy to specifically look at data for new signings, but it's hard to call that well spent money so far
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 93
Brummie Codfather
October 29, 2023, 7:34am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +853
As a data analyst this thread has me feeling a bit attacked 🤣.  I think the key things I’d say around what I do, is that I can highlight trends & key drivers but it’s up to my managers to choose how to act on what I show them - I very rarely advise them on what to do as they have far more experience on that than I do.  
The second point is that the Town analyst is paid far less than what I am, so will have much less experience.  Not saying he isn’t great at his job but may still be finding his feet.
Ultimately data & what it shows is a tool to help make decisions, it can’t do it for you - that’s why businesses & football clubs have managers & why they carry the can of things go wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 93
jamesgtfc
October 29, 2023, 8:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,971
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pen penfras

That interview is so contradictory. Why give him that game if you've decided to get rid anyway? Would a win yesterday have meant all was OK and he should carry on?

The data and performances are good, but they got rid. Yet they never considered sacking him in the NL with a worse run.

If they said something underlying was wrong, I missed it, but he should have gone whenever they realised this, which wasn't at 5pm yesterday.

All a bit odd to me. If he just said we're excrement and need a change to get the best out of capable players then I'd understand it.

The decision was dependent on the result. He said within the interview that the board hoped he did effect change yesterday, but he didn't and that is why the decision was taken.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 93
GibMariner
October 29, 2023, 8:14am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The decision was dependent on the result. He said within the interview that the board hoped he did effect change yesterday, but he didn't and that is why the decision was taken.

When has that ever been any different. No owners wants to sack and start again a person they often are very close to.

These guys have not brought anything new as i see it, and values “give me a break”. Let’s just hope these professional investors have a lucky plan.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 93
dapperz fun pub
October 29, 2023, 8:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,959
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from GibMariner

When has that ever been any different. No owners wants to sack and start again a person they often are very close to.

These guys have not brought anything new as i see it, and values “give me a break”. Let’s just hope these professional investors have a lucky plan.

They doubled the season ticket sales virtually overnight for starters got an immediate promotion and gave us a wonderful cup run , I have to agree with the values bit though.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 93
Northbank Mariner
October 29, 2023, 8:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,488
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GibMariner

What a narrow minded viewpoint...when you say they've brought nothing new i take you've already forgotten all the money pumped into BP and cheapside, a complete and comprehensive change in the running of the business, inefficient staff replaced, and the club is lightyears away from when Fenty had it, with a completely different ethos, its no longer an old boys club, its being run efficiently, as a business with an aim to improving year on year.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 93
GibMariner
October 29, 2023, 8:25am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

They doubled the season ticket sales virtually overnight for starters got an immediate promotion and gave us a wonderful cup run , I have to agree with the values bit though.  

After COVID and change of ownership the moment was perfect to capitalise and they did this really well with a certain lingo to boot. All good stuff. But values “give me a break”

When its going wrong the rule book goes out of the window.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 93
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 29, 2023, 8:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from jamesgtfc

When you run a company you have to say things to the media.

The words you say are just words. They don’t represent what you feel or want to say.

You choose the blandest, least confrontational language you can find to shut down the interview, and any subsequent questions, in as quick, professional and risk free manner as possible.

Assuming what Stockwood writes in his articles is correct, there is no way this was a sudden decision or based on Saturday’s loss in isolation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 93
chaos33
October 29, 2023, 8:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from GibMariner

After COVID and change of ownership the moment was perfect to capitalise and they did this really well with a certain lingo to boot. All good stuff. But values “give me a break”

When its going wrong the rule book goes out of the window.

You’re not making any sense. What’s your problem with having ‘values’? Is anyone making a deal of that anyway?

‘When it goes wrong the rule book goes out the window?! ‘ Right. What’s the ‘rule book’?!
Our owners are planners. Strategists. They know about threats and set backs and challenges etc. I think that, at least inspires some level of confidence/reassurance in response to a situation like ours right now.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 93
1mickylyons
October 29, 2023, 8:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from moosey_club

Spot on assessment mate .I get people looking at data and stats  but the eyes don't lie we have seen poor football most games .Our better footballers are nowhere near the first team Hunt,Glennon, Khan can all pass the ball and take a setpiece. None of the 3 are particularly good at defending though and so there creativity was badly missed .They were sacrificed to beef up the defence and it failed miserably I'll be amazed if the new incumbent doesn't include them in the matchday squads?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 93
stuart brace was king
October 29, 2023, 8:50am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +145
Just discovered the news, read the comments and listened to the JS interview.
A real shame Paul couldn’t kick on and continue the success but the recent run demanded a change and in my opinion the timing of this announcement is spot on… opportunity to turn things round, not happening, out.

Much of this thread talks about the "data" quotes from JS which is interesting, but what I found far more intriguing/disturbing/indicative? was the constant reference to "Chris and Paul".

Maybe I’m over sensitive, but in an interview like this JS would be concentrating on his key messages and the fact that CD was always mentioned with but ahead of PH in the partnership was interesting.  

Perhaps alphabetical order, perhaps it trips off the tongue better…. or just maybe gave an indication and insight into the recent problem?

Would be interested in others' thoughts, but after 55 years it won’t change my allegiances.

UPTHE MARINERS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 93
lew chaterleys lover
October 29, 2023, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

I've no worries about whether I look silly Forza and it won't be the first time.

I said I would be in a minority of one due to the prevailing wind on the subject. Just like everyone thought Charles Hughes was right when data told him most goals came from 5 passes or less so everyone jumped on that bandwagon.

I think some are missing the point I'm making. I know data collection is endemic in the game. I know everyone uses it. I would even acknowledge it can be useful in the right hands.

My point is that you can have all the data in the world, but if it comes up against a stubborn manager who insists on playing one up front, or a player who can't take a set piece, or players whose confidence is shot or a squad that is unbalanced or the opposition more savvy then the data will not be used effectively and is probably making things worse.

I am simply saying there are too many variables which affect performances rending data next to useless.

The data that Jason referenced yesterday I found unfathomable in the sense he is in danger of allowing data to override common sense; saying we have been playing well, or not too bad was ignoring the way opposition managers thought we were a soft touch, we had very little sustained attacking and were becoming a liability at the back and the small matter of being close to the relegation places.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 93
ginnywings
October 29, 2023, 9:45am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from arryarryarry

Probably not as many as you flipping moaning about my comments, if you don't like what I post don't read them f'wit

Well my stats were right, he took us out of the League, so why are we 4th from bottom if our stats are that good or is that just a bit too difficult for you to understand?

You have such a way with words.

Ever considered sports journalism?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 93
GrimPol
October 29, 2023, 10:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

What a narrow minded viewpoint...when you say they've brought nothing new i take you've already forgotten all the money pumped into BP and cheapside, a complete and comprehensive change in the running of the business, inefficient staff replaced, and the club is lightyears away from when Fenty had it, with a completely different ethos, its no longer an old boys club, its being run efficiently, as a business with an aim to improving year on year.

Some of its correct, but other things you are just parroting.
"inefficient staff replaced,"  Says who? You? Prove it.

"lightyears away from when Fenty had it" He ran it for 16 years (one way or another) 1878 2 years. We are currently "circling the drain" of demotion. So lets see eh.?

"its being run efficiently, as a business" Well we jumped from a UK wide known sponsor in Youngs, to a "startup" MyEnergi. I'm sure there was a better deal, but.... MyEnergi has made workers redundant due to poor sales. 25% redundancy sounds shaky to me. Thats the problem with start ups, they either Go Google or disappear.
So like most of the fans I welcomed 1878, the jury is still out. Just because you wanted to jump out the Fenty Frying Pan, landing , perhaps, into the 1878 Fire is not what I would want to do.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating , the saying goes. This pudding is still in the oven.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 93
friskneymariner
October 29, 2023, 10:26am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
What those who rely on data don't realise is that football to the fans is about feelings and emotions.The ability to get fans on their feet is far more important that how fast a player can do the bleep test.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 93
Northbank Mariner
October 29, 2023, 10:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,488
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GrimPol

Some of its correct, but other things you are just parroting.
"inefficient staff replaced,"  Says who? You? Prove it.

"lightyears away from when Fenty had it" He ran it for 16 years (one way or another) 1878 2 years. We are currently "circling the drain" of demotion. So lets see eh.?

"its being run efficiently, as a business" Well we jumped from a UK wide known sponsor in Youngs, to a "startup" MyEnergi. I'm sure there was a better deal, but.... MyEnergi has made workers redundant due to poor sales. 25% redundancy sounds shaky to me. Thats the problem with start ups, they either Go Google or disappear.
So like most of the fans I welcomed 1878, the jury is still out. Just because you wanted to jump out the Fenty Frying Pan, landing , perhaps, into the 1878 Fire is not what I would want to do.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating , the saying goes. This pudding is still in the oven.

Pal, myenegi have just secured £30 million in investment, hardly going to dissappear are they?..plus, it was a well known fact the agreement with youngs was quite a poultry figure, heard it been  said the sponsorship was doubled with MyEnergi.
All the fentyites have been binned, if you can't see the club is far more progressive, has improved in nearly every functionality(admittedly outside of the on the pitch performances) of the business, the  im not sure where you're argument lies re " perhaps into the  1878 fire" tbh.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 93
Eastendmariner
October 29, 2023, 10:30am
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
Down to Performances and scoring goals/not conceding  bad transfer recruitment and losing 5 in a row It's very simple

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 93
GrimPol
October 29, 2023, 10:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Pal, myenegi have just secured £30 million in investment, hardly going to dissappear are they?..plus, it was a well known fact the agreement with youngs was quite a poultry figure, heard it been  said the sponsorship was doubled with MyEnergi.
All the fentyites have been binned, if you can't see the club is far more progressive, has improved in nearly every functionality(admittedly outside of the on the pitch performances) of the business, the  im not sure where you're argument lies re " perhaps into the  1878 fire" tbh.

Pal, it's a loan from the HSBC,  read that as servicing a debt in part, and perhaps an expansion. But in the end if you are not selling the product, you dont make profits, you don't need the people. Its not good news. But like I've said, we shall see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 93
HerveJosse
October 29, 2023, 10:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
The beauty of data is there is so much of it you can pick which bits of it suit your argument. In saying we have been looking at the data for the last 6 weeks and it’s getting worse was easy it’s called the league table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 93
pen penfras
October 29, 2023, 11:20am

Cocktail Drinker

The promotion is what almost doubled season ticket sales, and they did a great job capitalising on the feel good factor. They also seem to have brought in more sponsorship money.

Both are good, but I'd like to see something transpire to better than lower mid table in L2. There's a lot of fluff but we're just as excrement as we have been for the last 15 years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 93
devs
October 29, 2023, 12:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
Some of what he said was strange - "rub of the green" and "bad luck"
If that's the case why not stick with Hurst?
Bound to turn at some point...

But

It is the right decision
Fresh voice, face, tactics etc are needed

Stockwood is a decent bloke and dragged us onto 21st century re: being a modern-thinking club but like many of his ilk he spouts some right jargon-filled bollox!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 93
dapperz fun pub
October 29, 2023, 2:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,959
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from pen penfras

The promotion is what almost doubled season ticket sales, and they did a great job capitalising on the feel good factor. They also seem to have brought in more sponsorship money.

Both are good, but I'd like to see something transpire to better than lower mid table in L2. There's a lot of fluff but we're just as excrement as we have been for the last 15 years

When we came up the first time ( forest green) I can’t recall doubling season tickets ? If I’m wrong apologies
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 93
pen penfras
October 29, 2023, 2:31pm

Cocktail Drinker

When we came up the first time ( forest green) I can’t recall doubling season tickets ? If I’m wrong apologies

I said they capitalised on the promotion, and the first time round we didn't. That is giving them credit, but they didn't double it by any radical thinking. It was the feel good factor and especially how we got promoted. It was a run of games we'll never have again and the first time around we limped across the line. Even if tickets were on sale immediately like they should have been, it didn't feel as euphoric when we were boring and poor for a long time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 93
HertsGTFC
October 29, 2023, 3:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
In any profession data is a good thing if it informs decisions and isn’t allowed to make them.

Paul looks to have made plenty of “un Paul like” mistakes this season and who knows paying too much attention to data may have been a factor.

The thing that intrigues me is how data is used for recruiting players unless you can psychometric test their behaviours & resilience which I’d assume doesn’t happen then the data paints a retrospective view only.

It’s still left to a manager to judge if he’s signing the “right type” and I’d suggest oddly enough from what we’ve seen so far Paul has got it wrong on a few of the recruits.

The wrong tactics played by 11 players who have got backbone is bad enough never mind when they’re played by a team with on 6/7 or so prepared to roll their sleeves up.

Personally flawed judgement on & off the field got Paul sacked, what role data played in that I’m not sure but I’d suspect it was a bigger role than ever before.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 93
ska face
October 29, 2023, 4:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Some people on here wouldn’t be happy unless we were owned by Bernard Manning, the manager played 4-4-2 every week with the squad doing laps of the docks for training & the kiosks served nothing but dripping sandwiches & rat poison.

Luckily their numbers are thinning out but they remain a drag on this club.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 93
jamesgtfc
October 29, 2023, 5:29pm
Vodka Drinker

When you run a company you have to say things to the media.

The words you say are just words. They don’t represent what you feel or want to say.

You choose the blandest, least confrontational language you can find to shut down the interview, and any subsequent questions, in as quick, professional and risk free manner as possible.

Assuming what Stockwood writes in his articles is correct, there is no way this was a sudden decision or based on Saturday’s loss in isolation.

This is what I was getting at. Lots of information within that information, alongside what we already know build the picture. He said they had been looking at it for 6 weeks and particularly during the last 2 weeks. With no midweek game and a fortnight break from the league, this was probably an opportune moment, but I think a black and white decision was probably made Thursday or Friday that Hurst would be gone if we didn't win.

Given how, according to people who were there, the players dropped to their feet like they knew and Hurst clapped the fans for longer than usual, Hurst was probably  fully aware of the decision.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 93
Yoda
October 29, 2023, 5:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,145
I think it will be a foreign manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 93
MuddyWaters
October 29, 2023, 5:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Yoda
I think it will be a foreign manager.

Most of your posts are from a different planet.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 93
cjbill
October 29, 2023, 7:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Most of your posts are from a different planet.

Or a galaxy far far away.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 93
forza ivano
October 29, 2023, 8:37pm

Exile
Quoted from jamesgtfc

This is what I was getting at. Lots of information within that information, alongside what we already know build the picture. He said they had been looking at it for 6 weeks and particularly during the last 2 weeks. With no midweek game and a fortnight break from the league, this was probably an opportune moment, but I think a black and white decision was probably made Thursday or Friday that Hurst would be gone if we didn't win.

Given how, according to people who were there, the players dropped to their feet like they knew and Hurst clapped the fans for longer than usual, Hurst was probably  fully aware of the decision.

Thanks James, always appreciate your input.usually find theres 1 or 2 bit of inside info in there! Any thoughts on the road ahead?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 93
jamesgtfc
October 29, 2023, 10:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

Thanks James, always appreciate your input.usually find theres 1 or 2 bit of inside info in there! Any thoughts on the road ahead?

No inside info there! I'm actually quite worried about the road ahead as a third relegation to non-league beckons if it goes wrong. I think the decision to go for a Head Coach and the potential Technical Director that Matt Dean has hinted at on Twitter will have been reached with good intentions and evidence to suggest it's the way to go, but this is League Two and English football operates much different to the rest of the world. More people watched Clitheroe v Newcastle Town than Al Ettifaq v Al-Riyadh for example.

The board will make mistakes along the way, and I think it was right for Hurst to leave but we really can't afford for this next appointment to be a mistake.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 93
RonMariner
October 30, 2023, 10:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,724
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from devs
Some of what he said was strange - "rub of the green" and "bad luck"
If that's the case why not stick with Hurst?
Bound to turn at some point...

But

It is the right decision
Fresh voice, face, tactics etc are needed

Stockwood is a decent bloke and dragged us onto 21st century re: being a modern-thinking club but like many of his ilk he spouts some right jargon-filled bollox!

Well it’s certainly a bit more classy than having a drunken punch up in a pub and smashing a chair over the managers head. Mentioning no names, obviously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 93
realist
October 31, 2023, 5:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
You don't need any data. The poor selection and Tatics were obvious
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 93
MuddyWaters
October 31, 2023, 6:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from realist
You don't need any data. The poor selection and Tatics were obvious

What you actually need is everyone pulling in the same direction. Manager, coaches and players. JS alluded to something not being quite right between the data and the results.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 93
GrimPol
October 31, 2023, 8:15am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Some people on here wouldn’t be happy unless we were owned by Bernard Manning, the manager played 4-4-2 every week with the squad doing laps of the docks for training & the kiosks served nothing but dripping sandwiches & rat poison.

Luckily their numbers are thinning out but they remain a drag on this club.

Well, always nice to "meet" a Mariner "Fan" who wishes and gloats about the demise of other Mariner Fans.  I bet you have "All Town Aren't We " Tattooed on your bum and cannot see the Irony.
Pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 93
ska face
October 31, 2023, 8:17am

Vodka Drinker
Bit early to be drinking isn’t it?
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 93
GrimPol
October 31, 2023, 8:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Then don't drink.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 93
October 31, 2023, 10:39am
Guest User
Quoted from ska face

He has to be at school for 9am.

Reply: 81 - 93
GrimPol
October 31, 2023, 1:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

He has to be at school for 9am.

Oh, you still around?  I thought you left with Doig.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 93
diehardmariner
October 31, 2023, 1:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
Don't you get involved BAWB!

This is painful enough without you getting the wrong end of the stick and thinking Data from Star Trek is trying to steal your pint at The White Hart.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 93
October 31, 2023, 2:00pm
Guest User
Quoted from diehardmariner
Don't you get involved BAWB!

This is painful enough without you getting the wrong end of the stick and thinking Data from Star Trek is trying to steal your pint at The White Hart.

I have no idea what you are talking about.  'Data from Star Trek' totally lost me there,  'my pint', I'm teetotal mate, as for the White Hart, the only pub with that name I have been in was in Brigg, I believe, and that was to install some stuff in the roof (can't remember the name now).

Reply: 84 - 93
October 31, 2023, 2:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimPol

Oh, you still around?  I thought you left with Doig.

No, I'm a big boy, don't need a chaperone sonny.

Reply: 85 - 93
GrimPol
October 31, 2023, 5:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

I have no idea what you are talking about.  'Data from Star Trek' totally lost me there,  'my pint', I'm teetotal mate, as for the White Hart, the only pub with that name I have been in was in Brigg, I believe, and that was to install some stuff in the roof (can't remember the name now).

BAWB is a bit confused, please be gentle with him diehardmariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 93
October 31, 2023, 7:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimPol

BAWB is a bit confused, please be gentle with him diehardmariner.

I may be confused, but that could be because I am 77 years old, what's your excuse?

Reply: 87 - 93
diehardmariner
November 1, 2023, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
God love you BAWB.  Don't ever change!
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 93
1mickylyons
November 1, 2023, 2:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 123614

No, I'm a big boy, don't need a chaperone sonny.

Not what I heard needledick
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 93
November 1, 2023, 3:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Not what I heard needledick

Wasting your time calling me names lad, I spent 14 years of my 77 in the British Army where I was called every name under the sun, and then some, particularly in Belfast and Londonderry.

Reply: 90 - 93
1mickylyons
November 1, 2023, 4:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Wasting your time calling me names lad, I spent 14 years of my 77 in the British Army where I was called every name under the sun, and then some, particularly in Belfast and Londonderry.

Thanks for your service Sir.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 93
forza ivano
November 1, 2023, 8:28pm

Exile
can we please get on track, this endless name calling is just childish. Can't you just p.m. each other if you've got an issue?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 93
Abdul19
November 1, 2023, 9:01pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
Piss off nobhead

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 93
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Jason’s interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.