Eastendmariner
October 29, 2023, 10:30am
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
Down to Performances and scoring goals/not conceding  bad transfer recruitment and losing 5 in a row It's very simple

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 93
GrimPol
October 29, 2023, 10:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Pal, myenegi have just secured £30 million in investment, hardly going to dissappear are they?..plus, it was a well known fact the agreement with youngs was quite a poultry figure, heard it been  said the sponsorship was doubled with MyEnergi.
All the fentyites have been binned, if you can't see the club is far more progressive, has improved in nearly every functionality(admittedly outside of the on the pitch performances) of the business, the  im not sure where you're argument lies re " perhaps into the  1878 fire" tbh.

Pal, it's a loan from the HSBC,  read that as servicing a debt in part, and perhaps an expansion. But in the end if you are not selling the product, you dont make profits, you don't need the people. Its not good news. But like I've said, we shall see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 93
HerveJosse
October 29, 2023, 10:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
The beauty of data is there is so much of it you can pick which bits of it suit your argument. In saying we have been looking at the data for the last 6 weeks and it’s getting worse was easy it’s called the league table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 93
pen penfras
October 29, 2023, 11:20am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

They doubled the season ticket sales virtually overnight for starters got an immediate promotion and gave us a wonderful cup run , I have to agree with the values bit though.  

The promotion is what almost doubled season ticket sales, and they did a great job capitalising on the feel good factor. They also seem to have brought in more sponsorship money.

Both are good, but I'd like to see something transpire to better than lower mid table in L2. There's a lot of fluff but we're just as excrement as we have been for the last 15 years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 93
devs
October 29, 2023, 12:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
Some of what he said was strange - "rub of the green" and "bad luck"
If that's the case why not stick with Hurst?
Bound to turn at some point...

But

It is the right decision
Fresh voice, face, tactics etc are needed

Stockwood is a decent bloke and dragged us onto 21st century re: being a modern-thinking club but like many of his ilk he spouts some right jargon-filled bollox!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 93
dapperz fun pub
October 29, 2023, 2:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,956
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from pen penfras

The promotion is what almost doubled season ticket sales, and they did a great job capitalising on the feel good factor. They also seem to have brought in more sponsorship money.

Both are good, but I'd like to see something transpire to better than lower mid table in L2. There's a lot of fluff but we're just as excrement as we have been for the last 15 years

When we came up the first time ( forest green) I can’t recall doubling season tickets ? If I’m wrong apologies
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 93
pen penfras
October 29, 2023, 2:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

When we came up the first time ( forest green) I can’t recall doubling season tickets ? If I’m wrong apologies

I said they capitalised on the promotion, and the first time round we didn't. That is giving them credit, but they didn't double it by any radical thinking. It was the feel good factor and especially how we got promoted. It was a run of games we'll never have again and the first time around we limped across the line. Even if tickets were on sale immediately like they should have been, it didn't feel as euphoric when we were boring and poor for a long time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 93
HertsGTFC
October 29, 2023, 3:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
In any profession data is a good thing if it informs decisions and isn’t allowed to make them.

Paul looks to have made plenty of “un Paul like” mistakes this season and who knows paying too much attention to data may have been a factor.

The thing that intrigues me is how data is used for recruiting players unless you can psychometric test their behaviours & resilience which I’d assume doesn’t happen then the data paints a retrospective view only.

It’s still left to a manager to judge if he’s signing the “right type” and I’d suggest oddly enough from what we’ve seen so far Paul has got it wrong on a few of the recruits.

The wrong tactics played by 11 players who have got backbone is bad enough never mind when they’re played by a team with on 6/7 or so prepared to roll their sleeves up.

Personally flawed judgement on & off the field got Paul sacked, what role data played in that I’m not sure but I’d suspect it was a bigger role than ever before.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 93
ska face
October 29, 2023, 4:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Some people on here wouldn’t be happy unless we were owned by Bernard Manning, the manager played 4-4-2 every week with the squad doing laps of the docks for training & the kiosks served nothing but dripping sandwiches & rat poison.

Luckily their numbers are thinning out but they remain a drag on this club.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 93
jamesgtfc
October 29, 2023, 5:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,968
Gold Stars: 190

When you run a company you have to say things to the media.

The words you say are just words. They don’t represent what you feel or want to say.

You choose the blandest, least confrontational language you can find to shut down the interview, and any subsequent questions, in as quick, professional and risk free manner as possible.

Assuming what Stockwood writes in his articles is correct, there is no way this was a sudden decision or based on Saturday’s loss in isolation.

This is what I was getting at. Lots of information within that information, alongside what we already know build the picture. He said they had been looking at it for 6 weeks and particularly during the last 2 weeks. With no midweek game and a fortnight break from the league, this was probably an opportune moment, but I think a black and white decision was probably made Thursday or Friday that Hurst would be gone if we didn't win.

Given how, according to people who were there, the players dropped to their feet like they knew and Hurst clapped the fans for longer than usual, Hurst was probably  fully aware of the decision.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Jason’s interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.