Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul hurst and the owners.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Paul hurst and the owners.

This thread currently has 6,461 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Limerick Mariner
October 24, 2023, 10:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Simon
I'm broken, don't know what to say i'm lost for words i just hope Jason & Andrew do the right thing, if this was business and a manager of a tech firm or real estate company was failing in the way Hurst is at the moment they would be out the door faster than he could say P45 so whats different here, why the silence, why the inaction from the directors

Come on guys, grow some balls and do the right thing

I’m broken as well mate, don’t know what to make of tonight. After the plucky effort on Saturday I was confident about tonight. Good defensive footballers suddenly don’t know what they are doing and probably now have little confidence in the man behind them - that never ends well without a change.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 53
heppy88
October 24, 2023, 10:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
I was shocked to hear Croft’s on Humberside defending Hurst, saying he still had the dressing room and that that should be enough to see him through. How can that first half performance, the games before, our current league standing suggest he should keep his job? I think some believe Paul Is just too nice a bloke to be moved on. I can’t believe another club in the EFL would put up with this and especially with the overwhelming feeling of the fans attending.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 53
Mariner93er
October 24, 2023, 11:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,738
Gold Stars: 28
After hearing Hurst's interview, I think it's highly likely that tonight will be his last game in charge. I had this niggling feeling that the owners would hold off, but he sounded almost like he's waiting for the chop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 53
davmariner
October 24, 2023, 11:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from heppy88
I was shocked to hear Croft’s on Humberside defending Hurst, saying he still had the dressing room and that that should be enough to see him through. How can that first half performance, the games before, our current league standing suggest he should keep his job? I think some believe Paul Is just too nice a bloke to be moved on. I can’t believe another club in the EFL would put up with this and especially with the overwhelming feeling of the fans attending.

I thought it was a very fair/level headed assessment from Crofty. Now, you may disagree with him, but nothing really to be shocked at.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 53
heppy88
October 24, 2023, 11:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from davmariner

I thought it was a very fair/level headed assessment from Crofty. Now, you may disagree with him, but nothing really to be shocked at.

I guess I was shocked because I’m seeing these shocking home performances week in week out. He might come across as fair and level headed. But the reality is what his assessment based on? Just because he believes he has the dressing room does not excuse what we are witnessing on the pitch. How anyone can take any positives with what we are seeing and believes a manager should keep his position is baffling. Seriously how can any of us really take any positives from our current situation?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 53
headingly_mariner
October 24, 2023, 11:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from davmariner

To be fair to Crofty he is excellent. He gives a real expert view on things that are going on and his analysis of the games is class.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 53
smokin joe
October 25, 2023, 12:31am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -128
he has got to go just for the two mistakes he made at the start of the year two realy crap keepers in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 53
louth_in_the_south
October 25, 2023, 1:31am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 96
PH has been walking the plank for a few weeks now . I’m pretty sure the new owners or CEO will have been approached by a few agents regarding the position so would think they’ll have a shortlist ready .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 53
1mickylyons
October 25, 2023, 7:40am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
PH has been walking the plank for a few weeks now . I’m pretty sure the new owners or CEO will have been approached by a few agents regarding the position so would think they’ll have a shortlist ready .

Tell you Fenty would be getting slaughtered by the fans at this stage it got toxic under Slade and that wasn't with a budget like we've wasted on sub standard players and coaches.
B Corp,Scotch Eggs and Diversity hold no interest for me I just want to see a decent home game with some passion. Fans forum due soon hmmmmmm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 53
Mappers
October 25, 2023, 7:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,338
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Tell you Fenty would be getting slaughtered by the fans at this stage it got toxic under Slade and that wasn't with a budget like we've wasted on sub standard players and coaches.
B Corp,Scotch Eggs and Diversity hold no interest for me I just want to see a decent home game with some passion. Fans forum due soon hmmmmmm

They have credit in the bank , much like Hurst had .

But that credit won't last forever and they have their first tough decision to make  ; I mean Hurst going by that interview is seemingly almost  begging to be removed  and realises it's not good enough ; so surely they must know likewise .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul hurst and the owners.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.