Mappers
October 24, 2023, 10:27am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,320
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from GrimPol

You are just shaking your fist at the sky, and not concentrating on the here and now.
Carry on like that, and you'll end up like the Middle East, with generations of Mariner Fans growing up using up energy blaming history, not knowing how it started, what's it all about, but crucially not solving the problems of the day.
Focus on the here and now, as a crappy Main Stand isn't making the team play poorly (to be kind) and our Manager make bizarre decisions (to be kind).  

I found Fenty mildly amusing at the time , I'm not focused on him and the past but think it's important to recognise why we are in our current predicament of being a lower league team , punching below our weight with historically 'smaller' clubs bypassing us at a canter over the course of  2 decades  both on and off the field .

The lack of income and Main Stand may not make us play poorly but unfortunately are both systemic in that they are crippling us from competing at a higher level , amongst many other variables .

Is there a way around all these without substantial inward investment ?

I'm not sure we will have to wait and see won't we , we don't even know what this 10 year plan is , much like the 'undisclosed' transfer fees we may never know .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 94
DB
October 24, 2023, 10:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Colchester already have a new interim coach, Mathew Etherington. Given their problems it's more than likely he could be made permanent coach. Not good news for tonight as I'm sure their players will want to impress him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67199190

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 94
GrimPol
October 24, 2023, 11:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -669
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Mappers

I found Fenty mildly amusing at the time , I'm not focused on him and the past but think it's important to recognise why we are in our current predicament of being a lower league team , punching below our weight with historically 'smaller' clubs bypassing us at a canter over the course of  2 decades  both on and off the field .

The lack of income and Main Stand may not make us play poorly but unfortunately are both systemic in that they are crippling us from competing at a higher level , amongst many other variables .

Is there a way around all these without substantial inward investment ?

I'm not sure we will have to wait and see won't we , we don't even know what this 10 year plan is , much like the 'undisclosed' transfer fees we may never know .

Well the issue splits into two. The Team and the Stadium (infrastructure)
If we talk of infrastructure, then history plays a great part. I mean the Main Stand is 122 years old so JF has his part (as others before) and he did waste an awful lot of money chasing a New Stadium dream. Money spent would have bought a new Main Stand I bet.
But the team is "owned" by the new owners, and blaming JF is just delusional, and frankly unhelpful. I mean we have a most capable "he's one of our own" multi-positional player in Harry Clifton who in the last few games has been runnning around like a headless chicken, picking up yellows. The buck stops at PH/1878
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 94
golfer
October 24, 2023, 11:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,438
Gold Stars: 116
Nostradamus said  ( Quote - The Mariners will be promoted to Division 1 in the year twenty twenty five. The little big man will finally be triumphant and signs extension to his contract . He will suddenly start singing " I did it My Way "  holding one hand to his ear. )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 94
GrimPol
October 24, 2023, 1:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -669
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from golfer
Nostradamus said  ( Quote - The Mariners will be promoted to Division 1 in the year twenty twenty five. The little big man will finally be triumphant and signs extension to his contract . He will suddenly start singing " I did it My Way "  holding one hand to his ear. )

I believe Nostradamus did prophecy that, however, the song was "I should be so lucky" whilst holding his P45
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 94
Poojah
October 24, 2023, 1:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,541
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from DB
Colchester already have a new interim coach, Mathew Etherington. Given their problems it's more than likely he could be made permanent coach. Not good news for tonight as I'm sure their players will want to impress him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67199190

Famously lasted 32 days as Crawley manager (1 win, 2 defeats).

Seems like only yesterday he was one of the hottest young prospects on Champo, now he’s just a balding, middle-aged football boss. Where does all the time go?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 94
Zmariner
October 24, 2023, 2:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
We just need to get behind the team and the manager tonight. It will be tough but everybody knows the importance and the common goal is 3 points. Close to an important match the fans need to be united utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 94
Corkyefes
October 24, 2023, 2:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
Anything but three points tonight is unacceptable.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 94
Simon
October 24, 2023, 2:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
When are people going to stop going on about Fenty, it's boring get over it

The negativity it brings by continually bringing him up is draining. We parted company over two years ago surly it's time to move on now isn't it?

I'm more worried about tonight's result, six pointer that we can't afford to lose and despite recent frustrating results i will be there tonight getting urine wet through in the lower Findus stand, Saturday v Stockport was a free hit nobody expected a result and at times we played well and should have come home with a point but tonight is a must win, lose this evening and the fans really will vent their feelings

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 94
Sandford1981
October 24, 2023, 4:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Tweet 1716763264955154664 will appear here...

Someone sent me this and it got me thinking perhaps this is where we are going wrong! Obviously having Ronaldo would help slightly but not that!
I’m looking for someone to volunteer to tell Dave Moore his job role is changing….I’m erm…busy!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Colchester at home Tuesday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.