DB
October 23, 2023, 12:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Why is our start hardest of the 24 teams based on what?
Before the season starred I expected a play off place or a good crack at it and I wasn't alone in that thinking. My logic had Town somewhere between 4th and 10th best .We're currently 20th and dropping like a stone. You are pleading patience some have agreed with you .I expect a Town win Tuesday but please don't come on here and say told you so because sure as night follows day we will lose more games we should win in next fes fixtures. Its poor its not good enough and 5 5k Season ticket holders deserve much better.Hurst Out

Excellent post which I totally agree with. I too, probably as always, was thinking about a promotion run not a relegation battle. A Gold Star man today.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 94
GrimPol
October 23, 2023, 12:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -673
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Spatchcock
Just received a weather warning for tomorrow - heavy rain from the early hours to 4pm.

Possibility the game could be called off and a bit of a reprieve for hursty?

Also be interesting to see how well the new drainage system under the pitch copes?

Oh dear, we have "come far" when the drainage is more interesting than the match, and kicking the PH can up the road.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 94
Northbank Mariner
October 23, 2023, 12:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,471
Gold Stars: 171
On from Spatchcocks reply, I've just seen the predicted rainfall for tomorrow, I'd be v.suprised if the games on, 25mm rain expected to fall, on what will be a saturated BP surface already......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 94
LH
October 23, 2023, 12:30pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
The usually pretty accurate Windy has approx 36-40mm to fall in the 12hrs before kick off. We had roughly 55mm on Friday.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 94
GrimPol
October 23, 2023, 12:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -673
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Why is our start hardest of the 24 teams based on what?
Before the season starred I expected a play off place or a good crack at it and I wasn't alone in that thinking. My logic had Town somewhere between 4th and 10th best .We're currently 20th and dropping like a stone. You are pleading patience some have agreed with you .I expect a Town win Tuesday but please don't come on here and say told you so because sure as night follows day we will lose more games we should win in next fes fixtures. Its poor its not good enough and 5 5k Season ticket holders deserve much better.Hurst Out

Quite right, its not the Premier league where the Top Six dominate and only positions 1,2,3,4 might vary.
WE are in a league where anything can happen. The players and management names are affixed by Velcrow, and a modicum of support can yield good results.  So I am flummoxed by a team with stable overall management/CEO , a good home support, a good away support, a coach who has been around the block, and yet we smell the whiff of bottom two finish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 94
Hagrid
October 23, 2023, 1:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,422
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
On from Spatchcocks reply, I've just seen the predicted rainfall for tomorrow, I'd be v.suprised if the games on, 25mm rain expected to fall, on what will be a saturated BP surface already......

Be a good test to see if the new drainage systems up to scratch

It bloody better be as I've booked in for Fish and Chips tomorrow at the ground
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 94
Northbank Mariner
October 23, 2023, 4:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,471
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Hagrid

Fingers crossed for you then bud...
I've always fancied doing the fish, chips n pea supper thing at McMenemies, hope you get to enjoy it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 94
HerveJosse
October 23, 2023, 5:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Hagrid

Don’t think Mcmenemys will be under water
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 94
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 23, 2023, 7:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GrimPol

Quite right, its not the Premier league where the Top Six dominate and only positions 1,2,3,4 might vary.
WE are in a league where anything can happen.

I said on another thread yesterday that I am puzzled by this statement about how strong L2 is this year. Other than Mansfield, who we drew with, have any of the sides that have visited BP been that impressive? Well not in my view they haven’t and of our away games, I’ve only attended one, from what I’ve read we have not beer overrun by a quality team as of yet with a poor tactical decision probably the reason we were never in the game at Wrexham.

All leagues are competitive, as they should be, but to keep peddling this crap that L2 is full of quality teams is way off the mark.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 94
It Bites
October 23, 2023, 7:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,203
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I said on another thread yesterday that I am puzzled by this statement about how strong L2 is this year. Other than Mansfield, who we drew with, have any of the sides that have visited BP been that impressive? Well not in my view they haven’t and of our away games, I’ve only attended one, from what I’ve read we have not beer overrun by a quality team as of yet with a poor tactical decision probably the reason we were never in the game at Wrexham.

All leagues are competitive, as they should be, but to keep peddling this crap that L2 is full of quality teams is way off the mark.

League 2 is just as crap now as it was 30 years ago imo .
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Colchester at home Tuesday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.