grimsby pete
October 23, 2023, 11:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Mappers

Somebody asked the question on another thread 'how long do we blame Fenty for our current situation ?' .

We blame him until the present board have paid off all his neglect of Blundell Park and of Cheapside.

Money that could have been used to get better players here had to be diverted to pay for his mismanagement..

He has put the club back another 3 or 4  years at least.

No wonder he left the area.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 94
October 24, 2023, 6:33am
Guest User
It’s been a while since I’ve felt dread before a Town game. Sadly a familiar but horrible feeling. I desperately hope they pull this one out of the bag.

UTM.
Reply: 71 - 94
lew chaterleys lover
October 24, 2023, 8:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from 140381
It’s been a while since I’ve felt dread before a Town game. Sadly a familiar but horrible feeling. I desperately hope they pull this one out of the bag.

UTM.

So do I but it needs a lot more than that. If it gives us a boost and we prove the doubters wrong and we rise up the table then great  but if it is just a win against a very poor side with no upturn then we need to make a change.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 94
fishboyUTM
October 24, 2023, 8:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Teestogreen
I think Town have played 11 of the current top thirteen teams - out of 14 games -so it would be really good  if Town could put down a marker against Colchester with a win - to show we’re not the worst in this division
UTM

And we've helped them get in the top half by either capitulating or defending like clowns conceding 2's and 3's most games. Tonight is an absolute MUST win, no unlucky 'rub of the green' and no excuses. Do or die.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 94
MuddyWaters
October 24, 2023, 8:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from grimsby pete

We blame him until the present board have paid off all his neglect of Blundell Park and of Cheapside.

Money that could have been used to get better players here had to be diverted to pay for his mismanagement..

Yes he did put the club back years but you can’t carry on using history as an excuse.

I suspect that Jason and Andrew are ahead of where they expected to be when they took over - after all, they talked of a ten year plan - but I suspect that there are other areas that haven’t changed as they would have wanted.

As successful businessmen, they will be looking to what they can do for the future of the club rather than blaming the past.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 94
LH
October 24, 2023, 8:51am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
Not raining yet but you can see it’s coming. Has anyone heard what sort of condition the pitch was in yesterday?
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 94
GrimPol
October 24, 2023, 9:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from grimsby pete

Let's take the higher number 4 years shall we? JF has been "out of the building" for 2.5 years which leaves 1.5 years of blame it on JF.
Who or what are you going to blame then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 94
Mappers
October 24, 2023, 9:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from grimsby pete

Agree with all of that Pete apart from the length of time , I really feel it's probably a decade at least .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 94
Mappers
October 24, 2023, 10:02am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from GrimPol

Let's take the higher number 4 years shall we? JF has been "out of the building" for 2.5 years which leaves 1.5 years of blame it on JF.
Who or what are you going to blame then?

The thing is it's hard to put an amount of time on this isn't it as that 'time ' we can never get back much like life in general ; the opportunity and time when we could  get a modern purpose built stadium for 10 million quid is long gone with retail development and funding etc . The decade  were we could have moved with the times has long gone .

Focus on the future - Stockwood & Pettit are now accountable , they must be true supporters and want well as they took on the ultimate money draining , apathetic and unsuccessful organisation going .

They knew what they were getting themselves into though didn't they and i'm confident they have better plans than our previous Extreme (leisure) one .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 94
GrimPol
October 24, 2023, 10:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Mappers

Agree with all of that Pete apart from the length of time , I really feel it's probably a decade at least .

You are just shaking your fist at the sky, and not concentrating on the here and now.
Carry on like that, and you'll end up like the Middle East, with generations of Mariner Fans growing up using up energy blaming history, not knowing how it started, what's it all about, but crucially not solving the problems of the day.
Focus on the here and now, as a crappy Main Stand isn't making the team play poorly (to be kind) and our Manager make bizarre decisions (to be kind).  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Colchester at home Tuesday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.