Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 21st Group data analysis.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

21st Group data analysis.

This thread currently has 3,246 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
October 17, 2023, 11:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144

I would argue the stats would have told us we would make the playoffs, not finish mid-table, and stick with the manager. Anything can happen from that point…and it did.

That was a tricky run that included Notts Co (x2), Halifax (x2), Dag & Red, Chesterfield, Solihull, Bromley, Wrexham etc. There were easier fixtures to come so the stats and predictors would have shown we were likely to finish in the top 7.

Our stats were still decent, even during that poor run. We just had no luck at all and conceded late goals, losing by the odd goal here and there.

You obviously didn’t go to Wealdstone one of the worst performances I have seen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 61
aldi_01
October 18, 2023, 5:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HerveJosse

You obviously didn’t go to Wealdstone one of the worst performances I have seen

That’s not really the point being made. Wealdstone was shite, but that’s not what was being argued, the data and analysis would’ve likely indicated that we’d have finished inside the playoffs…and we did.

If you look at individual performances, taking the three playoff games, I’d argue that our worst performance actually came in the final. As with all football though, only one stat means anything…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 21st Group data analysis.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.