Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Are we really Fans ?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Are we really Fans ?

This thread currently has 3,770 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
October 16, 2023, 8:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 69
I’ve been a fan for umpteen years

I think we have some good players

I think PH is an experienced honest manager

We are not buddies but I have met him. He’s a decent hardworking guy.

I’ve no idea what is going wrong and I hope it gets fixed in the next four or five weeks, but to sack him now is foolish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
HerveJosse
October 16, 2023, 8:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
I would expect that those who post on the fishy provide a very representative percentage of the fans who attend matches. I changed the area of the Upper that I sit in this season and even before the game started those around were sarcastic in their expectations for entertainment in the next 90 minutes and of those of us who still remained at the end there was a significant displeasure at the performance and of those saying that’s it I’m not coming again to watch this crap, or words to that effect.

I commented on Saturday that I was very puzzled by the fact the crowd was 6300 plus as there were numerous spare seat’s around our area of the Upper, I could see a number of empty seats in the Ponny and there looked plenty of seats in the Osmond plus a poor away following. Doesn’t add up to me when we have had large followings, seemingly very few empty seats in any stand but officially very similar attendances as Saturday, very odd.

I agree with you on the attendance point the low figures reported for home support when all home seats were sold out earlier in the season are unrecocialbe with figure on Saturday when there clearly many more empty seats . I used to be very good at judging the attendance and I would have put Saturday at about 5600 . I know most don’t care about this stuff but just another odd thing going on at our football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
lew chaterleys lover
October 16, 2023, 8:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from HerveJosse

I agree with you on the attendance point the low figures reported for home support when all home seats were sold out earlier in the season are unrecocialbe with figure on Saturday when there clearly many more empty seats . I used to be very good at judging the attendance and I would have put Saturday at about 5600 . I know most don’t care about this stuff but just another odd thing going on at our football club.

I thought it looked about right (6k +) from where I was sat for what it's worth.

Personally I prefer to count the tickets sold regardless of who turns up.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
toontown
October 16, 2023, 8:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
We've counted only those in attendance in the past, in contrast to say Doncaster who last season counted all tickets sold regardless of how many attended.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
blundellpork
October 16, 2023, 10:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
The answer is really in the word itself- attendance. Otherwise it needs to be announced as tickets sold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Are we really Fans ?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.