Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Are we really Fans ?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Are we really Fans ?

This thread currently has 3,767 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
October 16, 2023, 8:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from It Bites

It’s a lovely sentiment but most players and managers have little or no sentiment towards football clubs .
Definitely. Money is the end game . You can't live on sentiments. Ask any aspiring youngster who is very good quality where they would like to end up and most would say to play at the highest level possible .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
Grantham_Mariner
October 16, 2023, 9:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,191
Gold Stars: 51
True fans are those that who could have been there where there on Saturday.
True fans stayed to the end.
True fans will be there at Sockport, or will be keeping up to date on line, radio or TV.
True fans will support the club whatever.
True fans know it can hurt supporting the club but are still there for it.
True fans support each other and respect their views.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
Croxton
October 16, 2023, 9:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
True fans are those that who could have been there where there on Saturday.
True fans stayed to the end.
True fans will be there at Sockport, or will be keeping up to date on line, radio or TV.
True fans will support the club whatever.
True fans know it can hurt supporting the club but are still there for it.
True fans support each other and respect their views.

I left early on Saturday but I will pull my socks up at 'Sockport'. And Donny.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
diehardmariner
October 16, 2023, 9:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539

The Fishy has no influence whatsoever on anything that happens at the club. The site is a minute fraction of thousands of people who support Town worldwide.

Just think of it as some people talking down the pub about the football, and the events at their favourite club. We don't create anything that happens down at BP, we just comment on it.

I'm not so sure to be honest.  Fenty was triggered numerous times by stuff on here.  What was the phrase he coined for some of the more vocal posters against his reign?  Didn't he try to get their details too?

I think 1878 are a bit more savvy than Fenty when it comes to reacting to their wider noise in the system but I'm pretty sure The Fishy is still read from within.  For a forum that doesn't have a major amount of activity, everyone seems to know about it and what's getting said (sadly often in a negative tone).

Twitter is by far busier when it comes to GTFC based opinion but the limitations on characters in a post and I think perhaps more of the consistency on here with regards the same posters, I'd argue this is probably a better barometer of the mood music surrounding the club.  Put it this way, if the club aren't even glancing over here to gauge opinion then they're missing a trick.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
DB
October 16, 2023, 10:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Some weeks ago I suggested to someone that all did not seem right behind the scenes at Cheapside. No major information, just a gut feeling about small things that give you an impression.

After Saturday's game you get the impression that not all is right and, apart from Rose, did the others really give 100%, were they exhausted when they came, and needed to sit down before coming off at the end? , or did they trot off?

I don't recall a player's spouse/partner resorting to remarks on the media. It looks as if cracks are breaking through Hurst's tight reigns on discipline, previous players were transferred for not meeting his standards, so is Maher about to go? We know about Harry but to me, he seems to be anonymous on the pitch these last 2 games and Waterfall has not been at his very best but played.

There is far too much going on and it would appear that Hurst and Doig have lost the dressing room. I sincerely hope that I am totally wrong. I very much appreciate what Hurst and Doig have done in the past but we cannot live in the past. Last season the home games were bleak in points and entertainment value, a factor that has continued this season. We were lucky to beat Barrow and now move onto Stockport where 99.9% believe in a defeat.

I contrast this to the sides of George Kerr. An entertaining Home victory was always predicted and was it to be by 2 or 3 goals. Even if we lost you knew the team put 100% into their game. I remember they lost and their Sunday morning lay in was replaced by a jog up and down Cleethorpes Beach.

I've been a fan of the managers merry go round but something is seriously wrong and needs fixing fast. It's alright saying wait a few more games etc., like some said in our relegation season. The time is now for JS & AP to act.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
October 16, 2023, 10:53am
Guest User
Quoted from diehardmariner

I'm not so sure to be honest.  Fenty was triggered numerous times by stuff on here.  What was the phrase he coined for some of the more vocal posters against his reign?  Didn't he try to get their details too?

I think 1878 are a bit more savvy than Fenty when it comes to reacting to their wider noise in the system but I'm pretty sure The Fishy is still read from within.  For a forum that doesn't have a major amount of activity, everyone seems to know about it and what's getting said (sadly often in a negative tone).

Twitter is by far busier when it comes to GTFC based opinion but the limitations on characters in a post and I think perhaps more of the consistency on here with regards the same posters, I'd argue this is probably a better barometer of the mood music surrounding the club.  Put it this way, if the club aren't even glancing over here to gauge opinion then they're missing a trick.

To be fair, the Fishy is hardly a barometer of the majority of GTFC supporters.  I haven't done the math myself, but how may posters do you think there are on here regularly, and what percentage of them want Hurst out?  If I was to say somewhere between 100-200 posters, I think that might be a bit over generous, but even if it was 200, that is not a significant amount in the grand scheme of things.

We have regularly been getting crowds of 6000+, how many of them want Hurst out, we don't know.  There are many other supporters who cannot get to games, myself included, I don't want Hurst out, how many of the others do, again we don't know.  

The Fishy is a very small representation of fans who support GTFC, and I think that the owners will be looking more at attendances than popping on here to see what a minority of GTFC fans are thinking.

Reply: 25 - 54
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2023, 11:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,258
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

To be fair, the Fishy is hardly a barometer of the majority of GTFC supporters.  I haven't done the math myself, but how may posters do you think there are on here regularly, and what percentage of them want Hurst out?  If I was to say somewhere between 100-200 posters, I think that might be a bit over generous, but even if it was 200, that is not a significant amount in the grand scheme of things.

We have regularly been getting crowds of 6000+, how many of them want Hurst out, we don't know.  There are many other supporters who cannot get to games, myself included, I don't want Hurst out, how many of the others do, again we don't know.  

The Fishy is a very small representation of fans who support GTFC, and I think that the owners will be looking more at attendances than popping on here to see what a minority of GTFC fans are thinking.

I don't want to be unreasonable but if you went to games you might have a greater understanding as to why many fans want him gone.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 54
October 16, 2023, 11:14am
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't want to be unreasonable but if you went to games you might have a greater understanding as to why many fans want him gone.

As you know absolutely nothing about me, I will enlighten you, I am disabled and live in Barton upon Humber, I have no means of getting to games as the discomfort and pain I suffer just walking a short distance is intolerable.  You might want to think again before you comment on people you know nothing about.  Also I watch every game live on Mariners TV, so just cut out the BS please.

Reply: 27 - 54
diehardmariner
October 16, 2023, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 123614

And this would be a very crude type of opinion polling.

The feel on here and the definite shift in opinion over the last few weeks, certainly over the weekend, is more or less a mirror of what I've seen on social media and amongst the voices heard during and whilst leaving the game on Saturday.

I don't have the exact data behind it, which no doubt won't suit your selective arguments about facts, but I'm incredibly confident when saying that you're in a significant minority who don't wish for a change.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
diehardmariner
October 16, 2023, 11:19am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 123614

As you know absolutely nothing about me, I will enlighten you, I am disabled and live in Barton upon Humber, I have no means of getting to games as the discomfort and pain I suffer just walking a short distance is intolerable.  You might want to think again before you comment on people you know nothing about.  Also I watch every game live on Mariners TV, so just cut out the BS please.

To the Gulag.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Are we really Fans ?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.