Bigdog
October 17, 2023, 1:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm not saying 22nd will do. I was just pointing out to a previous poster that come Christmas at the very latest if we are near the bottom then he has go and not be given another transfer window. I would be very surprised if the Chairman gets rid before that.

As I pointed out sadly I wasn't listened to after I suggested he should be sacked in 2021 and was given plenty of grief for suggesting that.

Similarly in November 2009 I was very vociferous against the appointing of Neil Woods and given grief by many on here before he was given the permanent post and all through his leadership again saying he would take us out of the Football League and sadly I was right about that as well..

Christmas doesn't give a new manager a chance of assessing the squad properly. He'd need at least December if not a good chunk of November too, otherwise any budget spent in the transfer window would be a punt.

My biggest fear is that 1878 will ignore what they are witnessing and think it's their virtuous duty to be overly loyal to PH. Hurst's latest post match interview was a litany of poor excuses, and most players on the pitch were a shadow of their former selves.. again.

The writing is already on the wall, PH will be gone sometime, this season, the next or sometime after that, and he won't have a promotion to League One on his cv. It's just a question of how much pain the fans have to go through and how much the coffers and goodwill of the club will be hit between now and that point.

I don't believe there's many Town fans left that think PH can get us promoted out of this division. That's the remit of his job, so what's the point in him stayingt? All this conjecture is just hot air before the inevitable.. whenever it comes in the future..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
Poojah
October 17, 2023, 2:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,603
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from Bigdog

My biggest fear is that 1878 will ignore what they are witnessing and think it's their virtuous duty to be overly loyal to PH. Hurst's latest post match interview was a litany of poor excuses, and most players on the pitch were a shadow of their former selves...

In general terms, owners tend to act when widespread abuse switches target from the manager to themselves. I’m not advocating abuse of either Hurst or the owners, both parties have earned way more respect than to be subjected to that, but that’s simply the way these things tend to go.

In the event we get a good shoeing at Stockport, and conventional wisdom suggests that’s likely, it will be an incredible test of their values and perceived loyalty to Hurst were things also to go south against Colchester the following Tuesday.

Personally, I’d love nothing more than to win both games with performances that suggest something of a corner turned; I’m just not holding my breath.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
DB
October 17, 2023, 4:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 387
Quoted from Poojah

In general terms, owners tend to act when widespread abuse switches target from the manager to themselves. I’m not advocating abuse of either Hurst or the owners, both parties have earned way more respect than to be subjected to that, but that’s simply the way these things tend to go.

In the event we get a good shoeing at Stockport, and conventional wisdom suggests that’s likely, it will be an incredible test of their values and perceived loyalty to Hurst were things also to go south against Colchester the following Tuesday.

Personally, I’d love nothing more than to win both games with performances that suggest something of a corner turned; I’m just not holding my breath.

So would I but those using data analysis may think differently.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Why Hurst Should Stay

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.