6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
easypeersy
September 17, 2023, 7:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Absolutely DISGUSTED with the Grimsby supporters who thought it ok to throw missiles into the Wrexham crowd.
Shameful and dangerous behaviour giving our true supporters a bad name!
Take a long hard look at yourselves whoever you are.
You could have blinded someone throwing your vapes!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
woodi147
September 17, 2023, 7:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pontoonlew
All very predictable. I think we’ve built a very good midfield but it’s so frustrating how short we’ve left ourselves up top yet again.

It’s almost like every attacking player we sign is signed with defensive capabilities in mind, and we suffer going forward because of it. Half the time our wingers seem more worried about their defensive responsibilities that they repeatedly fail to create further up the pitch.

Today Wrexham weren’t even all that great but we didn’t lay a glove of them. Every single ball in the box was poor and we didn’t create a chance against a side who didn’t have a home clean sheet all season, conceding 13 goals in 4 home games.

I think we’ve improved, but it’s the same issues in the same areas yet again that I think are going to be our undoing.

Wrexham fans are saying its the best they have played in the last 20 years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 56
GYinScuntland
September 17, 2023, 7:54pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from easypeersy
Absolutely DISGUSTED with the Grimsby supporters who thought it ok to throw missiles into the Wrexham crowd.
Shameful and dangerous behaviour giving our true supporters a bad name!
Take a long hard look at yourselves whoever you are.
You could have blinded someone throwing your vapes!

I'm starting to get a bit dejected with some of our lot at away games with their wanabee hooligan crap.
All billy big balderdash in the ground but heads down until safely on the choo choo.
Chester and Stockport stations once again giving it all the arms outstretched "we are Town" in front of pensioners, women and kids.
drunk up, coked up, bullies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 56
Tommy
September 17, 2023, 8:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Bigdog
I know we're split as a fanbase on this, but a recurring theme has been attacking in the final third. I like Mullarkey a lot as a defender, but we do miss Efete's energy going forward and his willingness to get into the box. At the very least he's another body defenders have to keep an eye on and frees up our forward players a little more. Every time I've seen us play this season we look unenergetic and static out wide. Mullarkey, who was poor yesterday, is a safer bet definitely, but as it showed at Wrexham, going ultrasafe doesn't guarantee clean sheets..

I agree that we miss a bit of athleticism getting forward from full back, but as good as Efete can be at getting up into decent positions in the opposition half, he is pretty hopeless when he gets there and wastes countless crossing opportunities. Doesn't see a pass quick enough and can't put a decent cross in. Mullarkey put a great cross onto Rose's head at Bradford, I dread to think where the ball would've ended up had Efete lumped it in.

Not writing Michee off but that's how I see it at the moment.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 56
It Bites
September 17, 2023, 8:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,193
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I'm starting to get a bit dejected with some of our lot at away games with their wanabee hooligan crap.
All billy big balderdash in the ground but heads down until safely on the choo choo.
Chester and Stockport stations once again giving it all the arms outstretched "we are Town" in front of pensioners, women and kids.
drunk up, coked up, bullies.

Simpletons mate . Exactly why I sit in the home end for away games
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 56
GYinScuntland
September 17, 2023, 9:50pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from It Bites

Simpletons mate . Exactly why I sit in the home end for away games

Can't fault you really fella.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
fellowfan
September 18, 2023, 10:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +1
Couple of fans giving it the big one amongst the Wrexham crowd walking away from the ground and towards railway station after the game. Must have annoyed one Wrexham supporter he walks up and decks one of them layed out. Wrexham fans non to pleased and tried to stop him legging it but got away just as the old bill turned up as usual gave a description to them but probably never find him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.