Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Missing in action...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Missing in action...

This thread currently has 5,911 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
White_shorts
September 7, 2023, 6:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -647
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from darren9
People on here seem entrenched in one camp or the other. Either they’re a “happy clapper” who will relentlessly look at the positives or they’re consistently negative who refuse to acknowledge anything good that the team/management/club do.

Exactly!  If we had lost on Saturday, the same people raving about the win would have said "It's no disgrace losing to Gillingham, as they are top of the table".

Let's wait until we've played Bradford, Wrexham and Swindon before going OTT with praise or criticism.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
ancientmariner54
September 7, 2023, 7:08pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -186
Gold Stars: 13

Not missing, just busy after the game yesterday. All I saw was another game proving my point. When Hurst fights his base instincts not to defend from the 6-yard box and instead we attack, harass, and press other teams in this league we look like and are often the better team. Thats now Salford, moments in the Notts game, first 20 minutes of Mansfield, second half at Walsall, and now the Gillingham game all proving my point.

You really don't understand football at all do you .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
chaos33
September 8, 2023, 4:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from White_shorts

Exactly!  If we had lost on Saturday, the same people raving about the win would have said "It's no disgrace losing to Gillingham, as they are top of the table".

Let's wait until we've played Bradford, Wrexham and Swindon before going OTT with praise or criticism.

I think the point is more - let’s not go OTT with praise or criticism at all, but get some pragmatic sense of realism and perspective and fuse that with positivity and faith and patience.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
It Bites
September 8, 2023, 7:01am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,225
Gold Stars: 265
I love a good moan after a defeat  , it’s part of my football experience. I’m usually over a defeat a couple of hours after a game unless it’s a disaster. I think it’s important not to take posts too seriously on here .
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
1mickylyons
September 8, 2023, 7:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
I also love a good moan after a defeat or stagnant draw BUT when I enjoy a win it makes all the pain and suffering worth it. I was fortunate enough to see Kerr and Buckley teams romp to victory at home more often than not and I still struggle to accept watching players unable to pass a ball 10yds or take a throw in or put a cross in .Towns 2nd goal v Gillingham was as good as anything from Kerr or Buckley teams so it's in there somewhere and I want more.Feed me Hurst
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
Posh Harry
September 8, 2023, 11:54am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from chaos33

I think the point is more - let’s not go OTT with praise or criticism at all, but get some pragmatic sense of realism and perspective and fuse that with positivity and faith and patience.

Dreamer 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
ivanosandwich
September 8, 2023, 12:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 17
It's too early in the season to be overly excited or depressed.

We are only 6 points off relegation but as I like to have an optimistic outlook, if we had beaten Notts County, and we were in front twice in that game, we would be top of the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
chaos33
September 8, 2023, 12:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Posh Harry

Dreamer 😉

🙂
I’m not saying that there isn’t a natural place for disappointment, criticism, anger etc. Totally there is. Its the OTT bit that, by definition, is daft/irritating.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
buckstown
September 16, 2023, 5:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,181
Gold Stars: 79
Get the tin hats out, they'll be here soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
denni266
September 16, 2023, 5:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from buckstown
Get the tin hats out, they'll be here soon

We never left  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Missing in action...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.