Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Missing in action...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Missing in action...

This thread currently has 5,902 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
September 3, 2023, 2:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from golfer

I don't think this post is appropriate--- What Chaos gets up to on holiday is nobody else's business

😂

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
MANCMARINER
September 3, 2023, 4:06pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +66
Gold Stars: 2

Far from it, I'm often praising the players and ownership (and often get red crosses when I do what does that say about the fan base), I just don't see the rainbows shining out of Hurst's behind that most on here seem to believe

No we don’t, we are realistic rather than just unrelentingly negative. And notice you were too busy to post a positive comment after the match yesterday and yet as soon as there is some criticism you are straight on writing lengthy posts to try and defend your negativity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
tarka
September 3, 2023, 5:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from MANCMARINER

No we don’t, we are realistic rather than just unrelentingly negative. And notice you were too busy to post a positive comment after the match yesterday and yet as soon as there is some criticism you are straight on writing lengthy posts to try and defend your negativity.

Whether it be football or whatever else in life, people who use the terms "snowflake", "rose tinted glasses", "happy clappers" or "woke" tend to be extremely fragile to criticism. Bless! But don't worry...they'll soon recover after the next defeat.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
chaos33
September 3, 2023, 5:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
True

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
Yoda
September 3, 2023, 5:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Great win for Town over the moon for a 90 minute performance for a change.
I do think it suits Hursts style playing a better side like the fa cup.
It’s when lesser teams come here and park the bus he struggles.
Now let’s see if we can back it up with another win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
mariner91
September 3, 2023, 5:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261

Not missing, just busy after the game yesterday. All I saw was another game proving my point. When Hurst fights his base instincts not to defend from the 6-yard box and instead we attack, harass, and press other teams in this league we look like and are often the better team. Thats now Salford, moments in the Notts game, first 20 minutes of Mansfield, second half at Walsall, and now the Gillingham game all proving my point.

I reckon I’ve seen 100s of games where Paul Hurst has managed one of the teams and I can categorically say that at no point has he set them up to defend the six yard box from the start. Or ever in fact.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
darren9
September 3, 2023, 6:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
People on here seem entrenched in one camp or the other. Either they’re a “happy clapper” who will relentlessly look at the positives or they’re consistently negative who refuse to acknowledge anything good that the team/management/club do.

The real truth, as I’m sure we all know lies in the middle. Football, sport … hell life is more complicated, more nuanced than that. To coin a phrase perhaps that shouldn’t be used “it’s not black and white” (I mean it is black and white in our case isn’t it?).

But perhaps it’s a snapshot of our divided society where you have to draw a line and pick a side and never, ever deviate from that. … no matter what.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
nickmariners
September 3, 2023, 6:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4

Not missing, just busy after the game yesterday. All I saw was another game proving my point. When Hurst fights his base instincts not to defend from the 6-yard box and instead we attack, harass, and press other teams in this league we look like and are often the better team. Thats now Salford, moments in the Notts game, first 20 minutes of Mansfield, second half at Walsall, and now the Gillingham game all proving my point.

Wow.

"Proving my point". ..being that you make grand self-important negative statements constantly, and appear to be lacking a Happiness gene, deriving zero enjoyment from following Town?

C'mon, cheer up. Life is short. Clap happily now and then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
Blundellite
September 3, 2023, 11:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +71
Gold Stars: 18
There's a lot of self blinkered bullies on here, if opinion, agenda or a certain username isn't right  then bang your getting it both barrels! hard to believe we all support the same team, and always will do. Bit pathetic really all the bickering, some see black some see white it's human nature and your opinion is no more valid than there's
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
chipsandgravy
September 4, 2023, 1:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,614
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Blundellite
There's a lot of self blinkered bullies on here, if opinion, agenda or a certain username isn't right  then bang your getting it both barrels! hard to believe we all support the same team, and always will do. Bit pathetic really all the bickering, some see black some see white it's human nature and your opinion is no more valid than there's

Then whats the point of a forum? Its hardly bullying either. The original poster made the rather valid point that you only see some on here waxing lyrical when we lose but hardly when we win. At the same token there are many valid posters who do both. Same as most forums i guess.
If you use constant tones like "Hurstball" or "the usual Hurst shitshow" on defeat because you dont like him then you are open to be challenged when your rather quiet when we win. I hardly call that bullying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Missing in action...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.