Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back.

This thread currently has 8,741 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
September 3, 2023, 2:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I know we only 6 games in, but I just noticed only Wimbledon have conceeded less than us...
And we've already played 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th in the current standings which is very impressive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 59
Wedidntdidwe
September 3, 2023, 2:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +378
Gold Stars: 22
When they have pace out wide or up front teams will defend deeper, not just us. We also drop deeper when Waterfall plays.
It's easier to press from the front if the defence also push higher up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 59
headingly_mariner
September 3, 2023, 3:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,377
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Those of us who don't understand football agree with the above but experts like SonofMadeleyinho can see through it.

If we just attack and press all the time, we will urine the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 59
Grantley
September 3, 2023, 3:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Another 90 mins further proves my point. When we don't play Hurst ball with 10 in the 6-yard box hoofing to a loan striker and instead just attack, press, and harass teams we look and are often the better team.

Played well, and never really felt too worried at the back, controlled the majority of the game, still not creating enough clear chances when we attacked, but certainly an improvement this week.

Oh and a decent reffing performance to boot, not something we often get to say at this level.

It's nice being right  

So if we win, you’re right but if we lose, Hurst is wrong.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 59
ginnywings
September 3, 2023, 3:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Another 90 mins further proves my point. When we don't play Hurst ball with 10 in the 6-yard box hoofing to a loan striker and instead just attack, press, and harass teams we look and are often the better team.

Played well, and never really felt too worried at the back, controlled the majority of the game, still not creating enough clear chances when we attacked, but certainly an improvement this week.

Oh and a decent reffing performance to boot, not something we often get to say at this level.

It's nice being right  

The levels of delusion and self congratulation in this post are staggering.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 59
Swansea_Mariner
September 3, 2023, 4:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,455
Gold Stars: 63
Hurst when setting up the tactics for the Gillingham game.

"What you think Doigy, lets not go with Hurstball this week as i think it'll give us a better chance at winning. Instead i propose we go with plan b lets call it Hurstball Pro"

Wtf some people must think football is a one sided game where the opposition have no impact on what we do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 59
A Brace Of Tees
September 4, 2023, 6:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 3

It's nice being right  

I'm keen to get a proper understanding of your definition of "Hurst ball" as you call it.

Is it planting "10 men in the 6 yard box and hoofing it to a lone striker"? Or is it "attack, press and harass teams"? It's just that you've used both descriptions in the same paragraph.

If it only relates to the first description then who was it who directed the tactics on Saturday? Perhaps it was you who slipped into the changing room before the match, and as soon as Paul Hurst's back was turned you then instructed the players to forget "Hurst ball" and play the match your way?

You don't know the faintest thing about Paul Hurst and his tactics which are thoughtful and variable to suit a given situation, and have on occasion completely ripped teams apart (Chesterfield away during the promotion season springs to mind amongst many examples).

Nice to be right, did you say? You're not only wrong, you're also making yourself look a bit of an idiot on this forum. Maybe you should find something else to do with your spare time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 59
ancientmariner54
September 4, 2023, 7:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 13

It's nice being right  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 59
gtfc_chris
September 5, 2023, 7:47am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114

It's nice being right  

If and when we find evidence of it we'll let you know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 59
diehardmariner
September 5, 2023, 10:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539

It's nice being right  

So right you even get a deadline day deal that no-one else gets to see.

Superb performance all-round, can't add anything to the praise that is already written.  One thing I will add is that I thought we looked dominant yet always felt we had another gear or two if needed, which is incredibly encouraging.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.