Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back.

This thread currently has 8,747 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
easypeersy
September 2, 2023, 11:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Best performance I have seen at Blundell Park for over a year!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 59
mariner91
September 3, 2023, 12:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,662
Gold Stars: 262
Sounds like a good performance and a really good win. Haven’t been able to follow it as at a wedding but delighted with the win.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 59
Mayaman
September 3, 2023, 2:11am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Hopefully, that performance will give the lads confidence.  Seemed a lot better communication all round.  Rodgers was great, especially first half.  Didn't have much to do second half but that shows how good the team was further up the pitch.  Amos had a good game with a beautifully timed tackle. Should have had subs earlier but not one player deserved to be taken off.    Who the hell do we play on Tuesday?  UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 59
ginnywings
September 3, 2023, 2:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
We play Barnsley away in the EFL Trophy, so no biggie.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 59
DaleH
September 3, 2023, 5:18am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
A really enjoyable game where I never felt threatened. We controlled the game from beginning to end.

Every player performed well toddy. For me though, whilst it is hard to single out a MOTM, I was most impressed with Arthur Gnahoua.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 59
Mappers
September 3, 2023, 6:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,335
Gold Stars: 118
I really enjoyed that performance yesterday .

Eastwood is impressing me , and looks an upgrade on Max judging by early performances .

The back 4 is superb and if we can keep all of them fit we will keep a lot of clean sheets .

Conteh just does the simple things so well , he seems to be getting less of the ball as teams have figured out we play through him and are putting 1 or 2 men on him , which is freeing up more space for the midfield players .

Gav & Clifton were excellent in the press , that was boths best games of the season for me .

Eisa is just a very good player isn't he ? Love that he can go both ways to keep the full back guessing - my heart was in my mouth when he took a heavy hit down near me in the lower , but he got up and carried on seemingly fine which was a positive sign .

I thought Gnahoua looked sharp , and is getting up to speed and will be a good signing .

Danny Rose was Danny Rose .

Positive signs and it makes for a good start , can we pick up 5 points or more in the next 4 to continue it ? Why not .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 59
bradzmilne
September 3, 2023, 6:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 30
A hugely encouraging performance.

The plaudits for Maher & Rodgers are very much deserved. On a side note, you won’t see many better headed goals than Maher’s this weekend.

Midfield was effective & thoroughly enjoying Gav providing some doubters wrong (myself included!). On  his day, he’s a very classy midfielder.

Also, a special mention for Rose. He’s not scoring at the moment so perhaps is getting overlooked but his contribution to the team is immense.

One negative, Danny Amos was very fortunate to not get sent off at the end. He seems a lovely bloke so I don’t think for one minute he meant to hurt him. However, it was a certain red.

Yesterday shows what that group is capable of. If we can keep in touch with the play offs by the end of the month, that’s a huge hurdle overcome.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 59
Jarmo.Is.God
September 3, 2023, 8:10am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I'm a little surprised people are saying good for 60minutes...

We started fantastic, and had a corner within the 1st minute
And ended fantastic, with Clifton linking up with Rose superbly throughout, and running onto his lay offs at the defence.

We was that good yesterday, that Conteh had a quiet game and wasn't needed to stop attacks constantly.

Can only echo the Rodgers comments, a real luxury type of defender.... A Nsiala without the calamity of mistakes in him. So calm on the ball, wins the headers, and also has a wonderful long ball on him every now and then.

Eisa looks to be really enjoying himself and full of confidence. You would hate to play against him at the moment, and was laughing when the findus was singing his song, beautiful!

Overall, you could notice yesterday what PH is trying to do with this squad.
Wingers high up, Clifton close to Rose, and it worked, so didn't always look like a lonely 1 up top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 59
chaos33
September 3, 2023, 8:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I think what I like about how we’re playing is that we have individuals who the opposition have to pay due attention to in how they set up. Conteh is so influential that he has to occupy an opposition midfielder. Even then, he’s so good on the turnover due to his reading of the game, skill (and leg length) that he will frequently catch the opposition with one or two out of position and instigate a breakaway play. This creates space for Clifton and Holohan to work in, and you can see how they are effective in forward positions. Same goes for Eisa - needing to be man marked or doubled up in case he finds space to shoot. All this means that opposition have to set up to stop us from playing our way - a welcome change. Rose is the fulcrum - such an industrious and physically effective player and a great jumper. This is a blueprint that will acquire plenty of points for us.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 59
fishcake63
September 3, 2023, 8:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
i know the other day i said prefer harry on the left but his energy rubs off on others no matter where he starts , team did well yesterday especially first half very disapointed in gills not sure if it was us bang at it or they're not as good as table suggests
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.