Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back.

This thread currently has 8,739 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
September 2, 2023, 5:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
Good for 60 mins, then it fizzled out a bit, with a very poor Gillingham huffing and puffing, but not really getting anywhere near Eastwood, who had no saves of any note to make.

Thought we were excellent at the back and Rodgers is one hell of a centre back, and again, my MOM.

Midfield worked well, with Conteh making the game look easy and Harry full of running, which nearly brought him our third but for a good save from their keeper, but it was a nice height for him. Holohan tidy and busy and took his goal well.

Thought Gnahoua started to show what he can do and has very good close control. He also got back well and won a great defensive header at the back post, showing he is getting fitter and working hard. Eisa and Rose also worked hard without much reward.

Very good 90 mins which we mainly controlled against a team of no mugs, so well pleased with that.
Logged Online
Private Message
jimgtfc
September 2, 2023, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,087
Gold Stars: 45
Said it before and I’ll say it again, Harvey Rodgers is the best centre half in the league!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 59
September 2, 2023, 5:42pm
Guest User
Wouldn't disagree with that.
Reply: 2 - 59
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2023, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,250
Gold Stars: 235
Rodgers and Maher are an excellent centre back pairing and together with Danny Rose and Arthur G all had outstanding games. It looked to me like Harry had a bit more freedom today and had his best game of the season so far.

Gillingham, for all their pedigree, looked a bit disjointed and never really laid a glove on us. All in all, an excellent afternoon.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 59
LH
September 2, 2023, 5:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
Brilliant performance. Had them on the rack for long periods so maybe could and should have had more. None of our lads had a bad game. Felt as though we threatened a lot more through the wide players today which was pleasing given many including myself thought we’d struggle going forward after yesterday’s disappointment.

Another tricky fixture negotiated. Played 6 including four against teams in the top 7 and we’ve got a decent 9 pt return whilst remaining unbeaten at home.

Fair one to their fans who travelled in good numbers a very long way and got an absolute stinker in return.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 59
Wiley2405
September 2, 2023, 6:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Rodgers and Maher could well be the best centre half partnership in the whole division.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 59
moosey_club
September 2, 2023, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
Better tempo from us from the off, high press, energy deserved the lead.
Second half same story up until 60 mins when a couple of players started to fade.....Hurst has to make subs....yes we were comfortable but we had lost control of the game possession and territory wise....instead he waits until an absolutely fcked Rose dallies on a counter and they go straight up and give us a scare. 87 mins he brings on subs.....its just too late and leaves on a fcked Rose...risking injury were not necessary and were don't have cover.

Good 3 points...Good team performance...Still things to improve on.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 59
lukeo
September 2, 2023, 6:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Brilliant 60-70mins. 3 points. Up the mariners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 59
Zmariner
September 2, 2023, 6:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Excellent, Maher, Eisa, Holohan, Rodgers, Rose, outstanding and the rest were not far behind.  Best  home performance I have seen in a long time. It was dominant and suffocated Gillingham. We looked a very good team utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 59
Maringer
September 2, 2023, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Really good performance all around. I was really impressed with how well the midfield gelled with Holohan and Clifton getting forward when required and Holohan, especially dropping back into the centre to keep the ball moving a lot of times. Conteh there as the backstop to allow them a bit of freedom. I thought Gnahoua was quiet during the first half, but did a great job in the second, both in attack and defence.

Defensively, the full-backs were solid, but I'm a little concerned that they won't offer enough going forward as neither managed a decent ball into the box when well placed that I can remember. Actually, Mullarkey might have managed one in the first half but there's lots of room for improvement. Central defenders did really well. Keeper was fine but for his kicking and one worry in the first half where they threatened after he dithered and failed to come out and win one down our left.

Eisa worked his socks off and Rose was utterly selfless again as well. The issue, of course, is that both of these two were knackered long before the end and, had we had replacements available on the bench, they'd have been hooked with 20 minutes to go.

A promising cameo from Andrews who put his foot in and looked almost as calm on the ball as Conteh. Wouldn't surprise me if he stepped into the same role when Conteh is away on international duty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 59
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.