7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
gytone
August 26, 2023, 1:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,023
Gold Stars: 8
It's brilliant, loads better than the pink one, IMHO.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
Azimuth
August 27, 2023, 2:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from Hagrid

Its an opinion.

Of Course you are entitled to your opinion and fair play for expressing it which you are perfectly entitled to do while we still have some freedom of speech left in this country.

Sometimes, just sometimes, it is nice to keep certain opinions to ourselves, or chose our words more carefully.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 65
White_shorts
August 31, 2023, 5:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -647
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Heisenberg
My one gripe would be the general understanding of what a 3rd kit is for. I think black and white should be the default kit away from home unless the home team a) wears stripes, b) has a predominantly black shirt, or c) has a predominantly white shirt. So basically the only time a 3rd kit is necessary is when the home team has any of those features and one of the colours is red, ruling out the 2nd kit.  But hear lies the problem - the 3rd kit is nearly all white (as in ‘c’ above), so how does that work?!

We wouldn't need a third strip if the second strip was a standard all-yellow.

It seems to be the norm now that teams wear second strips away from home.  You could argue that is to put players in a different frame of mind in the changing room before kick-off, to prepare for a mostly hostile crowd.  Let's be honest, though: it's for money-making marketing purposes.

It can't be environmentally-friendly to produce three new kits each season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
The Caterham Mariner
September 3, 2023, 1:33pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +80
Quoted from It Bites
Absolutely pathetic that a grown adult would take to social media to slag off a kit designed by a child . This world never ceases to amaze me but this is low , very low !!!
Indeed

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
The Caterham Mariner
September 3, 2023, 1:42pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +80
Quoted from heppy88
Love the shirt and have pre ordered it. This will be my first third strip. Love the fact it was designed by a junior mariner and that all proceeds go to a great local charity. So, thanks to The Trust, Archie and the club!

Exactly well said like you have ordered too.
UTM 2023--24

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 65
Theimperialcoroner
September 3, 2023, 3:47pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,212
Gold Stars: 102
It’s very Tranmere

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Third Kit

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.