7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
buckstown
August 25, 2023, 5:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,181
Gold Stars: 79
Forgot to mention, the fact that proceeds are going to a local charity is fantastic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 65
lukeo
August 25, 2023, 5:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,377
Gold Stars: 148
It may take a while to warm to as it is very different. I loved last year's and bought it. This one I'm unsure if I will buy it... But I probably  
Well done alfie on winning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 65
moosey_club
August 25, 2023, 6:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,269
Gold Stars: 226
Is it my failing eyesight or .....is there no Dock Tower in sight??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 65
Azimuth
August 25, 2023, 6:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
It is a very very nice smart kit, a big well done to the young designer who deserves a lot of credit for his achievment and should ignor the critics who I suspect can only dream they had his talents!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 65
It Bites
August 25, 2023, 6:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,222
Gold Stars: 265
Absolutely pathetic that a grown adult would take to social media to slag off a kit designed by a child . This world never ceases to amaze me but this is low , very low !!!
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 65
ginnywings
August 25, 2023, 6:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
I'm not fussed about footy shirts and never wear them, but I'd make an exception for that one, especially given that it's for charity.

I think it's very smart.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 65
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 25, 2023, 6:47pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +848
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from moosey_club
Is it my failing eyesight or .....is there no Dock Tower in sight??

From the GTFC website

“I think the colour is very nice and I don’t think we’ve ever had the Dock Tower on a shirt before. We had planned to make the Dock Tower pattern more predominant, but we had to follow the guidelines stipulated by the EFL.”

Please note that the sublimated Dock Tower pattern is very faint and that’s why it isn’t visible on the promotional photographs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 65
GollyGTFC
August 25, 2023, 7:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,970
Gold Stars: 356
I would post the original final design he did on GranthamMariner’s PC, but as the shorts and socks colour hasn’t been disclosed by the club yet I might be breaking an unofficial NDA.

I’ll give you a clue. They’re either both blue, both grey or one of each colour.

On Archie’s design the dock tower pattern was much more prominent like the netting pattern on the red away shirt, but it had to be toned down to pass FA regulations.

Close up the shirt is more or less the same tone of grey as the Jarvis away shirt from the disastrous 2003/04 season which always looked more off white in photos and on tv than it really was.

Archie read through some of the social media relies to the launch and was happy with the many positive replies and didn’t take it personal from the grown men who don’t like it and voiced that opinion. He’s old enough to know some people (always men) take pleasure in being unkind.

In fact he pointed out to me that the competition brief was that the kit couldn’t include any black, white or red so the comments saying it’s not Town colours are ridiculous.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 65
easypeersy
August 25, 2023, 7:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Absolutely LOVE this shirt!
So much better than the pink one from last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 65
jamesgtfc
August 25, 2023, 7:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,973
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I would post the original final design he did on GranthamMariner’s PC, but as the shorts and socks colour hasn’t been disclosed by the club yet I might be breaking an unofficial NDA.

I’ll give you a clue. They’re either both blue, both grey or one of each colour.

On Archie’s design the dock tower pattern was much more prominent like the netting pattern on the red away shirt, but it had to be toned down to pass FA regulations.

Close up the shirt is more or less the same tone of grey as the Jarvis away shirt from the disastrous 2003/04 season which always looked more off white in photos and on tv than it really was.

Archie read through some of the social media relies to the launch and was happy with the many positive replies and didn’t take it personal from the grown men who don’t like it and voiced that opinion. He’s old enough to know some people (always men) take pleasure in being unkind.

In fact he pointed out to me that the competition brief was that the kit couldn’t include any black, white or red so the comments saying it’s not Town colours are ridiculous.

I wonder if our red away kit was already decided last summer then. I wondered if we chose the third kit before the away kit otherwise kids designing red kits would have been instantly disqualified.

It's a shame Dock Tower can't be prominently displayed, the Dortmund home kit was designed by a fan and features their stadium which I think looks really smart.

I would be interested to see how the design differs from end product after all of the bureaucratic hoops have been jumped through.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Third Kit

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.