7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Captaincod
August 25, 2023, 10:58pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +247
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The competition instructions pretty much gave it away that this season’s away kit was going to be red.

I will post the final design Archie entered once the club have launched the shorts and socks.

Other than toning down the dock tower pattern it’s pretty much identical to Archie’s design.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the strip Golly. Personally I’d like the shorts to be blue and the socks grey/blue hoops.
I think it’s a great idea for the club to let the 3rd strip be designed by junior fans.
Why not go the whole hog and let all of the strips be designed by the fans ?
Poojah came up with a good design for the home kit in a previous thread .  Why not invite all the fans to submit entries for the first 2 strips and have a vote on the final few chosen by the club , maybe offering a season ticket to the winner.
I’m sure our more creative fans could produce better designs than some of the professionals and it would stop some of the moaning old gits on here complaining if it was designed and chosen by our own fans!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 65
Spidey
August 25, 2023, 11:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +382
Gold Stars: 4
Really like it, well done Archie!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 65
nickmariners
August 26, 2023, 12:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Quoted from Hagrid
Tweet 1695028265054785690 will appear here...

Personally think its awful, but taken into account its been designed by a young lad so its unfair of me to critique that when he's done his best!

Absolutely brilliant: "it's unfair of me to critique..." -- then he goes ahead and does >>precisely<< that anyway.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 65
mimma
August 26, 2023, 12:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
Could I just ask, is the third kit for when we play away, and the home team play in red, we then have to play in our 3rd strip to avoid a colour clash with our away kit?

if this is the case, then why can't we play in our "normal" kit?

Call me old fashioned, but to me we should always play in black and white stripes and only change when there is a colour clash with it.

I'm a traditionist, always black and white stripes!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 65
Heisenberg
August 26, 2023, 6:56am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,069
Gold Stars: 93
For what it’s worth, I like the design, so well done to the young fan. I think it’s really smart.

My one gripe would be the general understanding of what a 3rd kit is for. I think black and white should be the default kit away from home unless the home team a) wears stripes, b) has a predominantly black shirt, or c) has a predominantly white shirt. So basically the only time a 3rd kit is necessary is when the home team has any of those features and one of the colours is red, ruling out the 2nd kit.  But hear lies the problem - the 3rd kit is nearly all white (as in ‘c’ above), so how does that work?!

I think what I’m saying is, because we play in stripes, our away kits should really be a single solid colour. If an away team came to BP wearing a shirt similar to our new 3rd kit, wouldn’t they have to change it because it’s white?

It’s a minefield! And clearly the decision isn’t always about colour - why on earth did england’s women’s team have to wear blue against Spain recently? That was totally unnecessary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 65
Hagrid
August 26, 2023, 7:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from nickmariners

Absolutely brilliant: "it's unfair of me to critique..." -- then he goes ahead and does >>precisely<< that anyway.

Its an opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 65
GollyGTFC
August 26, 2023, 7:27am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Pinched this off Facebook. Somebody managed to take a photo that shows off the Dock Tower pattern.

Attachment: img_5082_7752.jpeg
Size: 416.88 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 56 - 65
nickmariners
August 26, 2023, 8:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Quoted from Hagrid

Its an opinion.

Whoooossshhhh!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 65
Yarborough Vaults
August 26, 2023, 12:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
I'd be interested to see what the kid's original design looked like. Getting the dock tower in there is a really good idea but sounds like it was watered down by the efl to the point of being meaningless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 65
toontown
August 26, 2023, 12:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
I like it, impressed with it considering its been designed by a youngster
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Third Kit

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.