Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst the tinkerman.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Hurst the tinkerman.

This thread currently has 10,462 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
August 12, 2023, 7:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,411
Gold Stars: 534

I mean that's not difficult, is it? He plays dull unattractive football, signs workmen instead of footballers (he might have done a better job on this with one or two this season), he tinkers with winning sides, he picks teams to "counter" other teams instead of forcing other teams to do that to us, he has our midfield sit so deep we might as well play with 8 defenders, he only allows us to attack with 3 players and only one of them is allowed in the box, the same corner routine every corner, kick it to the big guy at the back post, the same freekick routine hoof it to the big guy at the back post, refuses to make subs, when he does make subs they're like for like as he has no plan B. I would carry on but my curry is ready.

Made a change after 30 minutes today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 124
Northbank Mariner
August 12, 2023, 7:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,449
Gold Stars: 171
Hurst is like marmite to our fanbase but one thing I do not like about him is he always gives far too much credit to the opposition to the detrement of ourselves. Do we really have a style of play?..not really because Hurst sets up to counter the opposition.
Sometimes I'm convinced he wants to prove a "how clever am i" point. Why can't he just decide on a style of play for us sbd bloody stick to it, give us a bleeding identity because right now, we haven't got one
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 124
barralad
August 12, 2023, 7:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Hagrid

This is an excellent point that I'd forgotten until now.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 124
Northbank Mariner
August 12, 2023, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,449
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Hagrid

Some are saying he was forced in to it, Glennon was injured apparently..
**edit** just listened to Hurst post match, not for the first time but I was talking out my ar$e.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 124
Limerick Mariner
August 12, 2023, 7:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Some are saying he was forced in to it, Glennon was injured apparently..

PH said he replaced Glennon to make sure he didn’t get sent off.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 124
sonofmadeleymariner
August 12, 2023, 7:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,447
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from barralad

And there we have it. The rewriting of history to fit an agenda.

Hardly, should we talk about how he relegated us, taking us from about 6 spots clear to bottom of the table or do the happy clapper rose-tinted specs stop you from seeing that as well?

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 124
HerveJosse
August 12, 2023, 7:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

PH said he replaced Glennon to make sure he didn’t get sent off.

More likely because the number 11 had waltzed past him half a dozen times as if he wasn’t there ( plus the times he wasn’t there) in the first 30 minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 124
chaos33
August 12, 2023, 7:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Absolute state of this thread. What are we suggesting if we're unhappy with today's 'tinkering'? That they should have sent Maher out on crutches?

Exactly. Just utter cobblers.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 124
chaos33
August 12, 2023, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360

I mean that's not difficult, is it? He plays dull unattractive football, signs workmen instead of footballers (he might have done a better job on this with one or two this season), he tinkers with winning sides, he picks teams to "counter" other teams instead of forcing other teams to do that to us, he has our midfield sit so deep we might as well play with 8 defenders, he only allows us to attack with 3 players and only one of them is allowed in the box, the same corner routine every corner, kick it to the big guy at the back post, the same freekick routine hoof it to the big guy at the back post, refuses to make subs, when he does make subs they're like for like as he has no plan B. I would carry on but my curry is ready.

Eat it with a spoon and remember to breathe (it’s safe through the nose). Then have an early night.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 124
tashee69
August 12, 2023, 7:54pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 23
Tinker man for “dropping” an injured player and bringing in one that was fit  🤣🤣🤣
A one man team that got us promoted 🤣🤣🤣 (let’s not mention he brought in this so called one man team), I’m glad the other 20 (estimated) goslscorers didn’t contribute 🤣🤣🤣
FA Cup quarter finals….. lucky 🤣🤣🤣. That is one hell of a lot of luck.
I’m waiting for a we was fortunate to win the games we did, and we only did that because we somehow luckily scored more goals than the other teams.

Good to see a defeat has made a lot of people happy, so they can have a good moan, no matter what
This thread is pure comedy.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 124
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst the tinkerman.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.