lukeo
August 9, 2023, 3:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,376
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from arryarryarry

From the friendlies to last Saturday I thought he hadn't done enough and I am/was a fan of him when he was last here.

I was still very surprised that we paid money and a 3 year deal.

He needs to do more than he has so far.

Agree with this.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 140
denni266
August 9, 2023, 6:07am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Azimuth

You mean two seasons.

Well yes  i stand corrected  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 140
diehardmariner
August 9, 2023, 9:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
Looks like Green and Vernam are neck and neck for the boo-boy target this season...

Sounded a shocker of a performance and whilst it's not what those who went will want to hear but I'd rather we get that out the way now.  Reading between the lines with what Hurst said post-game and a few bits going into it, he's recognised that there are some players who just aren't going to be on this journey with us.

As said yesterday, that's expected as we look to improve.  The likes of Holohan, who were huge in the last 18 months for us, just aren't what we need anymore to kick on to that next level.  That's the harsh realities of football and striving for the next step up.

This time last summer we thought Green was what we needed.  And he played a role in what we achieved last season with a mid-table finish and a cup run.  That brings extra resource and with that extra ambition.  Green's role is now taken by Conteh, as someone we've identified that will help us progress.

It's disappointing and I do feel for those that went, it's effectively the closest game to me yet I couldn't be bothered.  I guessed that it would be a fair few changes to the line-up and felt we wouldn't be at the races with it.  But will we really line-up like that in the league at any point? I think probably not.

Private Message
Reply: 132 - 140
RonMariner
August 9, 2023, 10:25am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,725
Gold Stars: 226
Meanwhile the live game broadcast by Sky was………..

Wrexham v Wigan.

What a surprise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 140
August 9, 2023, 12:04pm
Guest User
I rarely comment about tactics, not my thing, but One thing I don't understand is why we bring everyone back to defend a corner!  If it is cleared, it comes straight back into the mix, whereas one player left up field might have a chance of getting the clearance, or at least it keeps 1 or 2 of their players from adding to the threat in our penalty area.
Reply: 134 - 140
easypeersy
August 9, 2023, 9:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Why did we not try and sign George Lloyd?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 140
rancido
August 10, 2023, 9:21am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from easypeersy

I give up, why did we not try and sign George Lloyd?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 140
ska face
August 10, 2023, 9:31am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from easypeersy

Hurst was asked this last week. Said it was made pretty obvious to him early in the window that it would not be a goer. He’s also said that situations, in general, change once the season starts and players become aware of whether they’re in the manager’s plans or not.

So you never know, not been in the Cheltenham squad for the first two games now, he might be starting to think about other options now being in his last season in contract.
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 140
Hagrid
August 10, 2023, 9:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,435
Gold Stars: 535
Quoted from ska face

Hurst was asked this last week. Said it was made pretty obvious to him early in the window that it would not be a goer. He’s also said that situations, in general, change once the season starts and players become aware of whether they’re in the manager’s plans or not.

So you never know, not been in the Cheltenham squad for the first two games now, he might be starting to think about other options now being in his last season in contract.

He's Injured
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 140
diehardmariner
August 10, 2023, 9:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
Impressed in pre-season too, which seems a shame for him as with Alfie May going and Cheltenham struggling to bring in replacements it could have been his real breakthrough there.

Needs an operation now, not sure on what.  I think we can definitely chalk him off on the not happening board, definitely for this window anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 140
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Mansfield match thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.