HerveJosse
August 8, 2023, 9:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from aldi_01

No, as was pointed out last year when we got Forest at home. It simply wasn’t the payday anyone half expected, we’re getting decent gates anyway so aside from probably 25k, not really.

So it’s not worth the team getting out of bed for 25k extra revenue now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 140
Mappers
August 8, 2023, 9:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,332
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from aldi_01

All on loan into the conference you’d imagine…

See ya Saturday…

I do think at least one will go .

I'm sure Saturday will be better after arr Paul gets into them .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 140
Lincoln Mariner 56
August 8, 2023, 9:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Always disappointing to lose any game but in the longer term this might well be doing us a favour by showing PH which players will not be good enough if we want to push for a play off position. When a number of us questioned Green’s abilities last year we were shouted down but maybe tonight further demonstrates that he’s probably conference level at best and, unfortunately, the same may apply to Gav. The two games played may also remind PH that we do need an alternative up front and this maybe needs more urgent attention than he first thought.

Still believe we have signed some decent players and it may take a little time for them to gel but we do need to increase our goal threat. Anyway look forward to Saturday’s visit to Meadow Lane and hopefully we see some real attacking threat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 140
bawarmy
August 8, 2023, 9:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from aldi_01

No, as was pointed out last year when we got Forest at home. It simply wasn’t the payday anyone half expected, we’re getting decent gates anyway so aside from probably 25k, not really.

I’d still take it though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 140
ginnywings
August 8, 2023, 9:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
Can't see how we only made 25k from over 8000 paying customers.

Don't know about Alf Ramsey, you sound more like Alf Garnett.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 140
HerveJosse
August 8, 2023, 9:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from aldi_01

All on loan into the conference you’d imagine…

See ya Saturday…

Well if that’s the case we would need 3 or 4more incoming and the budget apparently is spent so. I doubt it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 140
aldi_01
August 8, 2023, 9:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from ginnywings
Can't see how we only made 25k from over 8000 paying customers.

Don't know about Alf Ramsey, you sound more like Alf Garnett.  

It’s predictable on here though, starts earlier every year seemingly.

It was excrement, Hurst will know who he can and can’t trust, some are still settling in, we’ve already identified areas of strength and those that require a little work…

In the grand scheme of a season, losing in the first round of the cup has zero impact. So you might have been able to make an additional £25k, still not really worth the somewhat predictable and typical over reaction to every town defeat…

Not sure Me Garnett would follow with my political leanings…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 140
aldi_01
August 8, 2023, 9:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

I do think at least one will go .

I'm sure Saturday will be better after arr Paul gets into them .

You’d imagine Amos and Holohan both want to play, Holohan has dropped out the league before to play regularly so you’d imagine he’s not too worried. Amos is decent but Efete coming on, even in a system change suggests he’s unlikely to feature either.

Green might hang around to be that sort of player that is brought on to tighten things up, although I’d have him no where near the side and would bin him off and keep Holohan in the fold…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 140
mariner91
August 8, 2023, 9:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
Said last season that Green wasn’t good enough and got pelters for it. I stand by that statement. Holohan is also only good enough for back up.

But the concerning thing from tonight is the fact none of the new attacking signings did anything and the apparent lack of effort from some. I’d be interested to know which players weren’t giving their all.

I also think neither Amos or Glennon are good enough if you want to be around the top 7. Too slow and too easily beaten, they’re starting to get targeted and we concede a startling amount of our goals from that side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 140
aldi_01
August 8, 2023, 9:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91
Said last season that Green wasn’t good enough and got pelters for it. I stand by that statement. Holohan is also only good enough for back up.

But the concerning thing from tonight is the fact none of the new attacking signings did nothing and the apparent lack of effort from some. I’d be interested to know which players weren’t giving their all.

I also think neither Amos or Glennon are good enough if you want to be around the top 7. Too slow and too easily beaten, they’re starting to get targeted and we concede a startling amount of our goals from that side.

I think Glennon is much better when he’s got someone he can trust in front of him, although I still prefer 3 at the back with Glennon out wide.

If we need back up I’d keep Holohan. I’ve never been a fan of Green and I’m not overly keen on Maher but I do think he will improve this season and Saturday’s back four is no doubt our strongest, even a change can skew a defensive unit.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 140
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Mansfield match thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.