5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
August 2, 2023, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,576
Gold Stars: 1,502

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
SpudUDontLike
August 2, 2023, 6:56pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
I'm pretty cynical - I thought I might be the most cynical until I came on here and found out i definitely wasn't - but, really, what a great fella he is.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
Simon
August 2, 2023, 7:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
Been very critical of PH in the past and i'm still not convinced in his style of play at times especially at home but it's nice to see him with a smile on his face which shows he's in a happy place at the moment

Hope he's still as chirpy come next May

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
louth_in_the_south
August 2, 2023, 8:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,691
Gold Stars: 96
What a great interview . Really clear to see how the club has changed in the difference from the man in charge 👍👍

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
heppy88
August 2, 2023, 8:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Great interview. Paul looks to be in a "good place" and appears genuinely keen to share his thoughts on the club. He seems to have picked up on the positive vibe around the Town, towards the club and treads carefully in the interview trying not to over play expectations. I think over the years we have seen Paul Hurst the man and the manager grow professionally and in confidence. He has a very calming presence and appears quite self aware, which some may find boring, but I would imagine the players will appreciate. I can understand why Stockwood and Petit want him around the club and stuck by him when the going got tough, especially during our losing streaks. I don't mind admitting they were right and I was definitely wrong!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
Stew0_0
August 2, 2023, 8:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,200
Gold Stars: 35
Always been a fans of Hursty. His outlook and beliefs about how the players should wear the heart on the sleeve, work so hard for the club, show passion, commitment and team work even before skill and tactics are involved echo many of the beliefs of the diehard fanbase we have here, who despite earning moderate wages are travelling the length and breadth of the country, even midweek in there thousands to cheer the boys on.

This club is a community, and I genuinely believe Paul and his team care about everything from the money, the facilities, the staffing and even the stadium and have a great relationship with the owners. We are as stated greater together and with the squad these guys have put together, maybe with more to come, have an opportunity for success.
Just looking at season ticket sales shows the fans feel the same and I am excited for the season to start and desperate for the club and Paul's team to have a successful season.

Utmm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
Teestogreen
August 2, 2023, 8:32pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
I look back to sitting next to a chap in the Upper Findus years ago - got talking to him — and he came from Sutton on Sea.
Said he had taught at Clee Grammar and quite a few Town players at his time had used the school facilities and he knew them.
Anyway, he advised me that the Boston United management team of Hurst and Scott were doing well - and may not be a bad ‘shout’ for Town. Not long after, Town appointed them.
…. Stewart was his name - nice chap.
Anyway, the rest is Town history

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
aldi_01
August 2, 2023, 8:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Hurst is a good bloke and it’s clear he is part of the future and the building work going on at GTFC.

You’d argue we’re ahead of schedule but some of that credit has to go to Hurst and the way, somehow, he got us over the line when literally nobody expected it.

He doesn’t down play expectations but he’s no idiot, he knows town have a core of morons, the giant man baby and the likes who have these ideas of grandeur so he keeps a lid on it.

The aim is to always improve year on year, recruitment to improve and the club. We’ve done that and even last year with a 4 week pre season we managed to deliver something and a cup run none of us will ever forget.

I’ve met Paul a few times and he’s a decent bloke and actually, he’d be the first to admit that his style and system might not always be pretty or even work, but he’s a believer in trying and having principles, as we’ve seen the way he’s dealt with players who’ve fallen short of his expectations.

We don’t need to go over the whole relegation thing again, but looking back, this second time around, it really does seem to be the best thing that could’ve happened…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
HoratiusEberlin
August 2, 2023, 9:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +216
Gold Stars: 10
It’s so nice to see that guard lowered a bit.
But I’ll be just as happy to see it go back up, if that’s what it takes (I trust him either way).
Let’s gooo!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
Mappers
August 2, 2023, 9:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from aldi_01
Hurst is a good bloke and it’s clear he is part of the future and the building work going on at GTFC.

You’d argue we’re ahead of schedule but some of that credit has to go to Hurst and the way, somehow, he got us over the line when literally nobody expected it.

He doesn’t down play expectations but he’s no idiot, he knows town have a core of morons, the giant man baby and the likes who have these ideas of grandeur so he keeps a lid on it.

The aim is to always improve year on year, recruitment to improve and the club. We’ve done that and even last year with a 4 week pre season we managed to deliver something and a cup run none of us will ever forget.

I’ve met Paul a few times and he’s a decent bloke and actually, he’d be the first to admit that his style and system might not always be pretty or even work, but he’s a believer in trying and having principles, as we’ve seen the way he’s dealt with players who’ve fallen short of his expectations.

We don’t need to go over the whole relegation thing again, but looking back, this second time around, it really does seem to be the best thing that could’ve happened…

Aye , who's the giant man baby ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst Interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.