5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Poojah
August 2, 2023, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,559
Gold Stars: 1,500

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
SpudUDontLike
August 2, 2023, 6:56pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
I'm pretty cynical - I thought I might be the most cynical until I came on here and found out i definitely wasn't - but, really, what a great fella he is.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
Simon
August 2, 2023, 7:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
Been very critical of PH in the past and i'm still not convinced in his style of play at times especially at home but it's nice to see him with a smile on his face which shows he's in a happy place at the moment

Hope he's still as chirpy come next May

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
louth_in_the_south
August 2, 2023, 8:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 96
What a great interview . Really clear to see how the club has changed in the difference from the man in charge 👍👍

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
heppy88
August 2, 2023, 8:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Great interview. Paul looks to be in a "good place" and appears genuinely keen to share his thoughts on the club. He seems to have picked up on the positive vibe around the Town, towards the club and treads carefully in the interview trying not to over play expectations. I think over the years we have seen Paul Hurst the man and the manager grow professionally and in confidence. He has a very calming presence and appears quite self aware, which some may find boring, but I would imagine the players will appreciate. I can understand why Stockwood and Petit want him around the club and stuck by him when the going got tough, especially during our losing streaks. I don't mind admitting they were right and I was definitely wrong!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
Stew0_0
August 2, 2023, 8:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,200
Gold Stars: 35
Always been a fans of Hursty. His outlook and beliefs about how the players should wear the heart on the sleeve, work so hard for the club, show passion, commitment and team work even before skill and tactics are involved echo many of the beliefs of the diehard fanbase we have here, who despite earning moderate wages are travelling the length and breadth of the country, even midweek in there thousands to cheer the boys on.

This club is a community, and I genuinely believe Paul and his team care about everything from the money, the facilities, the staffing and even the stadium and have a great relationship with the owners. We are as stated greater together and with the squad these guys have put together, maybe with more to come, have an opportunity for success.
Just looking at season ticket sales shows the fans feel the same and I am excited for the season to start and desperate for the club and Paul's team to have a successful season.

Utmm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
Teestogreen
August 2, 2023, 8:32pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
I look back to sitting next to a chap in the Upper Findus years ago - got talking to him — and he came from Sutton on Sea.
Said he had taught at Clee Grammar and quite a few Town players at his time had used the school facilities and he knew them.
Anyway, he advised me that the Boston United management team of Hurst and Scott were doing well - and may not be a bad ‘shout’ for Town. Not long after, Town appointed them.
…. Stewart was his name - nice chap.
Anyway, the rest is Town history

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
aldi_01
August 2, 2023, 8:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Hurst is a good bloke and it’s clear he is part of the future and the building work going on at GTFC.

You’d argue we’re ahead of schedule but some of that credit has to go to Hurst and the way, somehow, he got us over the line when literally nobody expected it.

He doesn’t down play expectations but he’s no idiot, he knows town have a core of morons, the giant man baby and the likes who have these ideas of grandeur so he keeps a lid on it.

The aim is to always improve year on year, recruitment to improve and the club. We’ve done that and even last year with a 4 week pre season we managed to deliver something and a cup run none of us will ever forget.

I’ve met Paul a few times and he’s a decent bloke and actually, he’d be the first to admit that his style and system might not always be pretty or even work, but he’s a believer in trying and having principles, as we’ve seen the way he’s dealt with players who’ve fallen short of his expectations.

We don’t need to go over the whole relegation thing again, but looking back, this second time around, it really does seem to be the best thing that could’ve happened…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
HoratiusEberlin
August 2, 2023, 9:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +216
Gold Stars: 10
It’s so nice to see that guard lowered a bit.
But I’ll be just as happy to see it go back up, if that’s what it takes (I trust him either way).
Let’s gooo!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
Mappers
August 2, 2023, 9:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from aldi_01
Hurst is a good bloke and it’s clear he is part of the future and the building work going on at GTFC.

You’d argue we’re ahead of schedule but some of that credit has to go to Hurst and the way, somehow, he got us over the line when literally nobody expected it.

He doesn’t down play expectations but he’s no idiot, he knows town have a core of morons, the giant man baby and the likes who have these ideas of grandeur so he keeps a lid on it.

The aim is to always improve year on year, recruitment to improve and the club. We’ve done that and even last year with a 4 week pre season we managed to deliver something and a cup run none of us will ever forget.

I’ve met Paul a few times and he’s a decent bloke and actually, he’d be the first to admit that his style and system might not always be pretty or even work, but he’s a believer in trying and having principles, as we’ve seen the way he’s dealt with players who’ve fallen short of his expectations.

We don’t need to go over the whole relegation thing again, but looking back, this second time around, it really does seem to be the best thing that could’ve happened…

Aye , who's the giant man baby ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
HoratiusEberlin
August 2, 2023, 9:09pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +216
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Mappers

Aye , who's the giant man baby ?

Second half, Hurst out tantrum baby at Dagenham away.
Needed burping with a big fist.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
aldi_01
August 2, 2023, 9:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HoratiusEberlin

Second half, Hurst out tantrum baby at Dagenham away.
Needed burping with a big fist.

The blokes an embarrassment, not the first time but Dagenham was a low point for him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
MuddyWaters
August 2, 2023, 10:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
I know I’m repeating an old story but met him at Faro Airport when he was on the way home from a Shrewsbury pre season tour. He couldn’t have been nicer, said as much about JF that he could without being disrespectful and genuinely wanted the club to move on. On the other hand, Doigy was a right miserable girl private.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
Yossarian
August 2, 2023, 10:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,073
Gold Stars: 18
I like him -I think the combination of realism / Hurst / Stockwood has Town in the best place for a long time.  As he said, the last 2 years have been insane.....  we've had 2 great seasons, this season we have mostly a full ground and a positive vibe.  

I dont really care if we are in L2, L1 - I just want a club that connects with the fans,   I think we should all be well happy with where we are right now.

I'm listening to a friend who is a Man City fan and he is miserable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
MuddyWaters
August 2, 2023, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Yossarian
I like him -I think the combination of realism / Hurst / Stockwood has Town in the best place for a long time.  As he said, the last 2 years have been insane.....  we've had 2 great seasons, this season we have mostly a full ground and a positive vibe.  

I dont really care if we are in L2, L1 - I just want a club that connects with the fans,   I think we should all be well happy with where we are right now.

I'm listening to a friend who is a Man City fan and he is miserable.

I’d go with that. I’m pretty confident that we’ve got a decent squad and I want to see us turn a few teams over at home rather than scratting out a few one nils.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
August 2, 2023, 10:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,699
Gold Stars: 72
Its hard to say we should expect anything when weve had so much out the last two seasons, but I do hope where in with a shout of the playoffs till late in the season, thatd be nice to at least have important league games close to the end
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
Zmariner
August 2, 2023, 11:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Decent bloke always has been, tough gig football management and you have to take chances when offered. I have always been a staunch Hurst supporter as I look at most of what he does and it is sensible, you can argue defensive but I get that and would often do the same. A safe pair of hands and always respected by the players. Will miss the first match as on hols but will be following every second of it. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
grimsby pete
August 2, 2023, 11:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
It's a different Paul this time round he is happy in his job and that's probably because his boss no longer says no whenever he asks for something.He has full control of his budget and he his more or  less his own boss. I can see him staying here for a long time to come.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
lukeo
August 3, 2023, 5:14am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Always fully back PH and I actually like his character and the way he comes across  especially now he seems more relaxed and happy.
I have to admit a few times I'd question his substitutes, starting XI or style of play at times last season but overall he did a fantastic job with the short time he had and the squad he assembled in that time.
This season I'm excited more than ever because it seems we've adapted a more 'footballing' approach to playing. Out of any team I enjoy watching Arsenal the most as they try to play football the right way. I have a feeling we are going to be similar (when appropriate).
Excited. Can't wait to get to Grimsby tomorrow ready for Saturdays game. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
DB
August 3, 2023, 5:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
I thought it was a great interview, showing, to an extent, a new Paul Hurst. Totally relaxed and doesn't have to worry about what he says and knows his job is secure.

His honesty shone through and regardless of what manager's jobs come up, I cannot see any way that Hurst would leave. He is in a very happy place right now where makes all football decisions without interference from the owners.

We are a club going places and regardless of him playing it down, as he always does, I believe it's League for us come the final game in May.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
ivanosandwich
August 3, 2023, 8:42am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 17
Apart from Town, the only other club I will be rooting for this season is Rotherham.

Of all the clubs that may come calling, I think they may be the only club that Hurst would leave for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
Rick12
August 3, 2023, 8:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Thing is with football it's all about the fans. There the ones that invest in it . No fans no club. I think Hurst from this point of view is limited to what he can achieve with Grimsby long term. Reality is there never going to be a premiership side unless a rich investor comes in. Likewise I know when I was at school clubs like Grimsby were frowned upon if you supported them and often mocking came with the territory eg in London " Grimsby are s***"."As a kid a fair few are sucked in by media as well eg the likes of Man United and Manchester City get the coverage which does shape support amongst some of the younger fans.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
Mappers
August 3, 2023, 8:54am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Rick12
Thing is with football it's all about the fans. There the ones that invest in it . No fans no club. I think Hurst from this point of view is limited to what he can achieve with Grimsby long term. Reality is there never going to be a premiership side unless a rich investor comes in. Likewise I know when I was at school clubs like Grimsby were frowned upon if you supported them and often mocking came with the territory eg in London " Grimsby are s***"."As a kid a lot are sucked in by media as well eg the likes of Man United and Manchester City get the coverage which does shape support amongst some of the younger fans.

You can flip it round though - look what happened at Ipswich for  Hurst It was a disaster .

I'm in no doubt he would want to give it a crack higher up at some point , but he seems happy with a relatively stable job , good backing and full control - I  think they are things he probably values equally to ££££ and it would have to be right fit for him to leave .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
Rick12
August 3, 2023, 8:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Mappers

You can flip it round though - look what happened at Ipswich for  Hurst It was a disaster .

I'm in no doubt he would want to give it a crack higher up at some point , but he seems happy with a relatively stable job , good backing and full control - I  think they are things he probably values equally to ££££ and it would have to be right fit for him to leave .
Have to admit though Mappers it's nice to see Hurst by all accounts in a much happier place now new owners are in charge. I don't want to completely knock Fenty as I think he was a fan at heart but could of done things better it seems from reading around .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
Hagrid
August 3, 2023, 9:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,419
Gold Stars: 534
Always been a staunch supporter of Paul, through his first spell here and throughout this one.

Always found him an approachable decent bloke, but agree with Muddy Waters on Doig who comes across as a bit of a helmet
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
aldi_01
August 3, 2023, 9:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
Always been a staunch supporter of Paul, through his first spell here and throughout this one.

Always found him an approachable decent bloke, but agree with Muddy Waters on Doig who comes across as a bit of a helmet

Hursts time at Ipswich is regarded a disaster but a club that didn’t know what it wanted to be, a fan base that believe they’re some massive club that should be in the premier league and an objective to get rid of anyone on high wages was setting Hurst up to fail from a footballing perspective, and I believe Doig and his attitude didn’t help.

May be, with experience and embarking on his UEFA A journey, Doig will develop…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
Southwark Mariner
August 3, 2023, 9:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from aldi_01

May be, with experience and embarking on his UEFA A journey, Doig will develop…

UEFA Pro licence
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
mariner chopper
August 3, 2023, 9:57am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +198
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ivanosandwich
Apart from Town, the only other club I will be rooting for this season is Rotherham.

Of all the clubs that may come calling, I think they may be the only club that Hurst would leave for.

This or Sheff Wednesday (believe he's a fan?)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
toontown
August 3, 2023, 10:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from DB
I thought it was a great interview, showing, to an extent, a new Paul Hurst. Totally relaxed and doesn't have to worry about what he says and knows his job is secure.

His honesty shone through and regardless of what manager's jobs come up, I cannot see any way that Hurst would leave. He is in a very happy place right now where makes all football decisions without interference from the owners.

We are a club going places and regardless of him playing it down, as he always does, I believe it's League for us come the final game in May.

If you cannot see any way Hurst would leave then you've not been in football long - and I know that's not the case! Never say never in football...

Anyway, think although he's very happy and a job at this level wouldn't tempt him away, but any job at a higher level would be judged on its merits, that's just the way it is. The exceptions might be Rotherham and Sheff Wed were I think he'd feel he had to go for it regardless because of the emotional connection.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
LocalLadGTFC
August 3, 2023, 10:32am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,219
Gold Stars: 137
Interesting the takes of Doigy because every time i've spoken with him, he's been pretty approachable and up for a conversation. I think him and Hursty are the perfect duo, chalk and cheese.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 44
Poojah
August 3, 2023, 10:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,559
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Interesting the takes of Doigy because every time i've spoken with him, he's been pretty approachable and up for a conversation. I think him and Hursty are the perfect duo, chalk and cheese.

Haven’t met him personally, but considering Hurst signed him here as a player, appointed him as assistant then took him with him to Shrewsbury, Ipswich, Scunny and then back here would suggest he’s adding some value somewhere down the line.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
Maringer
August 3, 2023, 11:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,522
Gold Stars: 185
Not being Rob Scott must be a bonus in itself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
Posh Harry
August 3, 2023, 5:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,362
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Good cop bad cop. Hursty puts his arms round them and encourages them, if that doesn’t work doigy gets in their face.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 3, 2023, 6:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
If this was Championship Manager, rather than real life, I’d pick a winter fixture that we’re guaranteed to lose (say Harrogate away on a wet Stray day) and send winter Hursty off to Dubai (or some other hot but shït winter sun destination) for the weekend for a bit of tannage.

A more practical option would be to strap SAD lamps to him.

A Hurst tan = 2ppg and promotion
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
TonySmith
August 3, 2023, 7:36pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 11
I agree with Posh Harry about the "Good cop bad cop" thing with Hurst and Doig. I also liken it to school teachers. It's great to have a teacher you can talk to and respect as a fair and decent person, but all schools are better off when they have a teacher that the kids are scared of too. I don't mean a bully, I mean someone who also commands respect, but has a certain way about them. I'm sure Hurst is very capable of stating hard truths too, but probably in a different manner. The two of them work as a team, and all the evidence points to it being a very effective one. Most of the players probably like one more than the other, but I bet they respect them both.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
lew chaterleys lover
August 3, 2023, 7:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,718
Gold Stars: 237
If this was Championship Manager, rather than real life, I’d pick a winter fixture that we’re guaranteed to lose (say Harrogate away on a wet Stray day) and send winter Hursty off to Dubai (or some other hot but shït winter sun destination) for the weekend for a bit of tannage.

A more practical option would be to strap SAD lamps to him.

A Hurst tan = 2ppg and promotion

So true.  If football was a summer sport we would be in the Premier league by now.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
Lord Gadiform
August 3, 2023, 8:13pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +113
Some time after El General and Doig left Ipswich there was a podcast with Kieron Dyer. He was U19 coach there (maybe U21 or U23 but I’m hazy on details, anyway very involved at the time). Ipswich fans forums were pointing blame at Doig for various dressing room fallings out. Dyer heavily suggested Hurst was a steely character and very much top dog. Cross him and your days are numbered type stuff. Was an intersting insight into the dynamic.

It's no fish ye're buying: It's men's lives.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
forza ivano
August 3, 2023, 8:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,186
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Lord Gadiform
Some time after El General and Doig left Ipswich there was a podcast with Kieron Dyer. He was U19 coach there (maybe U21 or U23 but I’m hazy on details, anyway very involved at the time). Ipswich fans forums were pointing blame at Doig for various dressing room fallings out. Dyer heavily suggested Hurst was a steely character and very much top dog. Cross him and your days are numbered type stuff. Was an intersting insight into the dynamic.

can anyone find a link? Might make for interesting listening
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
Davec
August 3, 2023, 8:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 42
I heard from an Ipswich supporting mate at the time that Hurst was well liked by the players at Ipswich but Doig was seen as a bully and wasn't liked.

Also I do remember that a poster last season at one stage posted on this forum that apparently Doig is only here as It's convenient for him.

But in my albeit limited encounters with Doig he's always come across well, a different personality to Hurst, but that's not necessarily a bad thing!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
sam gy
August 3, 2023, 10:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Convenient for him how? He lives in West Midlands.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
Davec
August 3, 2023, 10:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from sam gy
Convenient for him how? He lives in West Midlands.

I don't know as I stated I am only repeating what somebody posted on this forum
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
Lord Gadiform
August 3, 2023, 10:41pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

can anyone find a link? Might make for interesting listening

From 26 mins in. If you have time it’s a really good listen the whole way through. One name that pops out is Brian Klug. Don’t know if I’m getting this wrong but that name rings a bell from when I was growing up in Grimsby. Same bloke or someone with the same name?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
MuddyWaters
August 3, 2023, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker

From 26 mins in. If you have time it’s a really good listen the whole way through. One name that pops out is Brian Klug. Don’t know if I’m getting this wrong but that name rings a bell from when I was growing up in Grimsby. Same bloke or someone with the same name?

Bryan Klug and Paul Bartlett worked together as the YT management at Ipswich and were very successful. Klug stayed at Ipswich and Barty went on to further success at the FA.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
Lord Gadiform
August 3, 2023, 10:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Bryan Klug and Paul Bartlett worked together as the YT management at Ipswich and were very successful. Klug stayed at Ipswich and Barty went on to further success at the FA.

Thanks. The name rang a bell but couldn’t place it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
stuart brace was king
August 4, 2023, 8:28am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +145

Thanks. The name rang a bell but couldn’t place it.

Also one of the string of players coming out of Wintringham in late Seventies along with Kev and Dave Moore, Tony Ford, Paul Emson etc.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst Interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.