August 2, 2023, 9:09pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +216
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Mappers

Aye , who's the giant man baby ?

Second half, Hurst out tantrum baby at Dagenham away.
Needed burping with a big fist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
aldi_01
August 2, 2023, 9:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HoratiusEberlin

Second half, Hurst out tantrum baby at Dagenham away.
Needed burping with a big fist.

The blokes an embarrassment, not the first time but Dagenham was a low point for him.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
MuddyWaters
August 2, 2023, 10:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
I know I’m repeating an old story but met him at Faro Airport when he was on the way home from a Shrewsbury pre season tour. He couldn’t have been nicer, said as much about JF that he could without being disrespectful and genuinely wanted the club to move on. On the other hand, Doigy was a right miserable girl private.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
Yossarian
August 2, 2023, 10:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,082
Gold Stars: 18
I like him -I think the combination of realism / Hurst / Stockwood has Town in the best place for a long time.  As he said, the last 2 years have been insane.....  we've had 2 great seasons, this season we have mostly a full ground and a positive vibe.  

I dont really care if we are in L2, L1 - I just want a club that connects with the fans,   I think we should all be well happy with where we are right now.

I'm listening to a friend who is a Man City fan and he is miserable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
MuddyWaters
August 2, 2023, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Yossarian
I like him -I think the combination of realism / Hurst / Stockwood has Town in the best place for a long time.  As he said, the last 2 years have been insane.....  we've had 2 great seasons, this season we have mostly a full ground and a positive vibe.  

I dont really care if we are in L2, L1 - I just want a club that connects with the fans,   I think we should all be well happy with where we are right now.

I'm listening to a friend who is a Man City fan and he is miserable.

I’d go with that. I’m pretty confident that we’ve got a decent squad and I want to see us turn a few teams over at home rather than scratting out a few one nils.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
August 2, 2023, 10:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,699
Gold Stars: 72
Its hard to say we should expect anything when weve had so much out the last two seasons, but I do hope where in with a shout of the playoffs till late in the season, thatd be nice to at least have important league games close to the end
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
Zmariner
August 2, 2023, 11:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Decent bloke always has been, tough gig football management and you have to take chances when offered. I have always been a staunch Hurst supporter as I look at most of what he does and it is sensible, you can argue defensive but I get that and would often do the same. A safe pair of hands and always respected by the players. Will miss the first match as on hols but will be following every second of it. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
grimsby pete
August 2, 2023, 11:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
It's a different Paul this time round he is happy in his job and that's probably because his boss no longer says no whenever he asks for something.He has full control of his budget and he his more or  less his own boss. I can see him staying here for a long time to come.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
lukeo
August 3, 2023, 5:14am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Always fully back PH and I actually like his character and the way he comes across  especially now he seems more relaxed and happy.
I have to admit a few times I'd question his substitutes, starting XI or style of play at times last season but overall he did a fantastic job with the short time he had and the squad he assembled in that time.
This season I'm excited more than ever because it seems we've adapted a more 'footballing' approach to playing. Out of any team I enjoy watching Arsenal the most as they try to play football the right way. I have a feeling we are going to be similar (when appropriate).
Excited. Can't wait to get to Grimsby tomorrow ready for Saturdays game. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
DB
August 3, 2023, 5:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
I thought it was a great interview, showing, to an extent, a new Paul Hurst. Totally relaxed and doesn't have to worry about what he says and knows his job is secure.

His honesty shone through and regardless of what manager's jobs come up, I cannot see any way that Hurst would leave. He is in a very happy place right now where makes all football decisions without interference from the owners.

We are a club going places and regardless of him playing it down, as he always does, I believe it's League for us come the final game in May.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst Interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.