10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
July 15, 2023, 7:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
I thought Mullarkey was excellent and he loves doing the chop. I really like Efete but I think Mullarkey will start the season at RB. The midfield 3 of Khouri, Clifton and Conteh looked very good, offering lots of balance. As for the comments of Conteh blowing, Khouri and Clifton have been under the management of Hurst since December 2020 but I don't see a reason why Conteh won't become as fit as them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 90
aldi_01
July 15, 2023, 8:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Mullarkey was decent and Wilson looked ok. Didn’t realise Vernam was playing initially, Hunt looked ok, neither keeper looks any better than each other which could be a good thing.

First game or whatever it was had a lot more flow but was chopped down in its tracks.

Have to say that the format ruined what could’ve been decent given the crowd. It felt like a public training session. The result is irrelevant in pre season, we know that, but it just seemed to lack something to engage with.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 90
July 16, 2023, 6:14am
Guest User
Quoted from aldi_01
Mullarkey was decent and Wilson looked ok. Didn’t realise Vernam was playing initially, Hunt looked ok, neither keeper looks any better than each other which could be a good thing.

First game or whatever it was had a lot more flow but was chopped down in its tracks.

Have to say that the format ruined what could’ve been decent given the crowd. It felt like a public training session. The result is irrelevant in pre season, we know that, but it just seemed to lack something to engage with.

Pre-season matches are like playing poker for play money...it's the same game but (inevitably) lacks the same excitement.
Reply: 72 - 90
lukeo
July 16, 2023, 6:48am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from 137

Pre-season matches are like playing poker for play money...it's the same game but (inevitably) lacks the same excitement.

This is how I feel whenever I watch a football game that isn't Grimsby
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 90
Poojah
July 16, 2023, 8:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,541
Gold Stars: 1,500

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 90
aldi_01
July 16, 2023, 9:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The laws of the game state that a match must be two equal halves (I’m aware they like to intercourse about with the laws but I reckon we’d have heard about this change). Therefore, Hull actually won 1-0 and 1-1 respectively…

They go through on aggregate…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 90
Mallyner
July 16, 2023, 11:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Kris2

It seems the commentary is being done from the gantry so it's incredibly windy. Sounds like earthquakes are happening  

Decent enough quality video though

I enjoyed watching the game on Mariner TV; and although as said it was very windy on the gantry, but the filming etc was excellent; and I don't know his name, but I like the commentator, who I have heard before on replays of games.

It must have been hard for him up there identifying all the new players, especially as he said the numbers on the back of the Town players shirts were not very distinctive from that height.

Obviously in the first major pre-season game, there were quite a few misplaced passes, but he was never over critical; as I sometimes find JT to be; and I liked his self deprecating humour, which hurts no one.

Anyway I saw quite a lot of very encouraging things for the season. UTM  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 90
Blundellite
July 16, 2023, 11:41am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +71
Gold Stars: 18
Pitch looked good
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 90
arryarryarry
July 16, 2023, 12:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mallyner

I enjoyed watching the game on Mariner TV; and although as said it was very windy on the gantry, but the filming etc was excellent; and I don't know his name, but I like the commentator, who I have heard before on replays of games.

It must have been hard for him up there identifying all the new players, especially as he said the numbers on the back of the Town players shirts were not very distinctive from that height.

Obviously in the first major pre-season game, there were quite a few misplaced passes, but he was never over critical; as I sometimes find JT to be; and I liked his self deprecating humour, which hurts no one.

Anyway I saw quite a lot of very encouraging things for the season. UTM  

The club's own John Moore was the commentator and the filming was provided by a streaming company that Hull City chose.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 90
July 16, 2023, 1:10pm
Guest User
Always loved Johns, and his mates commentary back in the day,
Reply: 79 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hull Fred

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.