10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
July 15, 2023, 4:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
About as expected for a friendly so far, sharpness isn't quite there and a lot of new signings in the side so everybody still figuring each other out. Defensively Mullarkey and Rodgers stood out and can see why Hurst signed them with how he wants us to play, pressing up the pitch with ball playing defenders playing out of defense. Apart from one lapse in concentration that led to a goal we looked solid at the back with Eastwood looking alert to danger and assured.

Conteh showed some good touches, his tackle to win the ball back in midfield was brilliant. Looked a little bit lethargic up front with nobody quite on the same page yet, showed some more energy after we conceded a goal, I didn't even notice Vernam until we conceded and he did a really nice cut inside that unfortunately led to nothing as nobody was with him.

Good to get minutes into everybody though and some glimpses of what we have to work with when the season starts. Looks like the second period will feature more players who were together last year so expect them to work together a lot better.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 90
DB
July 15, 2023, 4:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 388
It will not affect the prediction thread today but I thought Hull scored in the 60th Min, whereas Town Twitter gave the 54th Min. I took my time from the clock on the TV. Have I missed something?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 90
Doctor Sanchez
July 15, 2023, 4:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from DB
It will not affect the prediction thread today but I thought Hull scored in the 60th Min, whereas Town Twitter gave the 54th Min. I took my time from the clock on the TV. Have I missed something?

I didn't notice but the TV clock probably kept running during the first quarter change around.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 90
golfer
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116
There was a 6min. interval but the clock kept ticking so it was 54 mins. of play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 90
TwoLeftFeet
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,082
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from DB

The clock wasn't stopped after 1st quarter (never thought I'd have to say that)
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 90
Mariner93er
July 15, 2023, 4:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,738
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Town playing well. Thought eisa and Conteh look good  going forward.  Agree about Eastwood looking good, but probably way too early to say (his distribution is definitely an improvement)

I thought the complete opposite of his distribution, looked a bit nervy with shorter passes and reverted to hoofing even when not needed.

But his all round game looked good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 90
July 15, 2023, 4:26pm
Guest User
I thought his distribution was good, didn't see any nervousness with his short throw outs, and he hit it long when it was required.
Reply: 36 - 90
Madeleymariner
July 15, 2023, 4:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Having just watched the replays it seriously looks like handball/penalty ref waved away in the first half, their guy effectively dived and saved it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 90
promotion plaice
July 15, 2023, 4:30pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 199

Talk about dragging it out, jeez.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 90
sonofmadeleymariner
July 15, 2023, 4:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from DB

How does the prediction thread work now that its nil nil again 🤣🤣🤣

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hull Fred

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.