Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 88 Guests

Season Tickets

This thread currently has 48,007 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
June 24, 2023, 12:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from 1mickylyons
On/Off the field Town have some momentum and I personally feel we will be in and around the Play Offs .There are 2/3 teams who with budget etc should wallop us after that were in the frame and our away support will give us a huge edge over most.

Sometimes, what you gain in budget, you lose a little bit of in complacency. I think back to our play-off game at Wrexham; they had some very good players on that pitch, players well above National League-level (Mullin, Palmer, Tozer et al) but they also had several that weren't fit to be playing on such a stage. I'm thinking their goalkeeper, the lad with the blonde hair (French), and a couple of others.

They had spent lazily, assuming that lumping on a few big names from a higher-level would be sufficient. It wasn't that season, and whilst they would go on to accrue a record National League points total along with the title the following year, they face a significant step-up in level in 23/24. Yes, they'll spend big again, but I do sometimes think that the luxury of money sometimes leads teams to think less about creating a team that is a truly cohesive unit, and instead simply look to assemble a string of players too good to be playing at that level as individuals. How many Champions League medals did Messi, Neymar and Mbappe win at PSG?

I do think Paul Hurst builds sides that are, in general, greater than the sum of their parts. Only this time around, the sums are going to be bigger and better than ever before, and that's a truly exciting prospect.

Yes, this is without doubt the richest League Two that has ever been and will probably see the highest standard of football in general that the league has ever seen. But all that said, I have full confidence that we will be right in the mix along with all of the Wrexham's, Stockport's and Bradford's. We'll just go under the radar for a little while yet, and I have absolutely no problem with that whatsoever.

If you can, get your season ticket bought!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 313
Heisenberg
June 24, 2023, 12:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Mappers

I'm desperate to go to the Notts game , you think it will be required mate even with the ST ?

The lure of Hooters has never been so evident!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 313
Mappers
June 24, 2023, 1:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,481
Gold Stars: 119
I'm on my brothers stag do in Birmingham that weekend so it has fallen perfectly .

Missed out on tickets for that play-off game so not missing out again.

Will register if I have to , I don't even live local so there is no mention of Grimsby on my ID , will that make things easier?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 313
rancido
June 25, 2023, 7:18am

Special Brew Drinker
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Poojah

Sometimes, what you gain in budget, you lose a little bit of in complacency. I think back to our play-off game at Wrexham; they had some very good players on that pitch, players well above National League-level (Mullin, Palmer, Tozer et al) but they also had several that weren't fit to be playing on such a stage. I'm thinking their goalkeeper, the lad with the blonde hair (French), and a couple of others.

They had spent lazily, assuming that lumping on a few big names from a higher-level would be sufficient. It wasn't that season, and whilst they would go on to accrue a record National League points total along with the title the following year, they face a significant step-up in level in 23/24. Yes, they'll spend big again, but I do sometimes think that the luxury of money sometimes leads teams to think less about creating a team that is a truly cohesive unit, and instead simply look to assemble a string of players too good to be playing at that level as individuals. How many Champions League medals did Messi, Neymar and Mbappe win at PSG?

I do think Paul Hurst builds sides that are, in general, greater than the sum of their parts. Only this time around, the sums are going to be bigger and better than ever before, and that's a truly exciting prospect.

Yes, this is without doubt the richest League Two that has ever been and will probably see the highest standard of football in general that the league has ever seen. But all that said, I have full confidence that we will be right in the mix along with all of the Wrexham's, Stockport's and Bradford's. We'll just go under the radar for a little while yet, and I have absolutely no problem with that whatsoever.

If you can, get your season ticket bought!

You can build a team of the most expensive players but you need a manager with the managerial  "nous" to get the best out of them.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 313
ska face
June 25, 2023, 7:59am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Mappers

I'm desperate to go to the Notts game , you think it will be required mate even with the ST ?

Depends if they want to play silly būggers again. They can get 4k in that stand but don’t think they ever open the whole thing for a combination of cost/logistics. Chalky is better placed to advise on that front but if we’ve only got 2k you’ll be praying to the venuetoolbox gods.
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 313
lukeo
June 25, 2023, 8:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from ska face

Depends if they want to play silly būggers again. They can get 4k in that stand but don’t think they ever open the whole thing for a combination of cost/logistics. Chalky is better placed to advise on that front but if we’ve only got 2k you’ll be praying to the venuetoolbox gods.

Didn't I read somewhere about it being about the size of the concourse and health and safety? I might be wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 313
Maringer
June 25, 2023, 8:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
The Wrexham fan I recently was in touch with thought they were planning to mostly use last season's team (perhaps one or two additions to the squad) as the feeling was that they more than good enough to win promotion from League Two. Might be the case, but having Parkinsonosaurus running the team makes me think they might find it a bit more difficult than they expect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 313
ska face
June 25, 2023, 8:24am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from lukeo

Didn't I read somewhere about it being about the size of the concourse and health and safety? I might be wrong

Yeah something like I that. Think after about 2k they have to open up extra turnstiles & concourse areas, which means closing that road at the back of the away end.

Have to say, probably been to Meadow Lane 10 times & never seen as much as a crossed word between home & away fans. Only issues I’ve ever seen are with Notts OB when they start throwing their weight about, and when people get crammed into that concourse & left to their own devices with stewards stood in the entrances watching everyone get squashed.
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 313
Norseman
June 25, 2023, 10:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
What's the point of building a stand to hold 4000 and only using half of it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 313
Poojah
June 25, 2023, 11:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from Norseman
What's the point of building a stand to hold 4000 and only using half of it

Home advantage, innit.

https://youtu.be/EemPvyTJX8E

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 313
32 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.