Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 86 Guests

Season Tickets

This thread currently has 47,972 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
June 12, 2023, 7:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Mappers

If you go on that seat map plan there are only 26 seats available currently outside the main , it will be interesting to see at the end of June what it's like with non-renewals and all these new one's  ,once I am assuming it will be reset to the new holders/current renewals  .

Wow!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 313
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 12, 2023, 8:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,977
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from Mappers

If you go on that seat map plan there are only 26 seats available currently outside the main , it will be interesting to see at the end of June what it's like with non-renewals and all these new one's  ,once I am assuming it will be reset to the new holders/current renewals  .

So it begs for the question to be asked, when’s the next thread gonna pop up about temporary seats/ new stadium

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 313
Mappers
June 12, 2023, 8:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Yeah it might become a pressing issue ,we will have to wait and see .

You would assume the majority of the new ones are on the standby list for the ponny or findus  , so you would hope if the majority renew the club have a back up plan ?

Some new one's will already have chosen a seat ; but I am not sure how many there was at the start of the early bird window , I wish I had looked at that plan  now  being sad , so it would give you a better idea how many are on the 'standby list ' .

Genuinely interested  how many we sell , and to see if all these new one's outstrips the non renewals . Could be one hell of a rush after the fixture announcement + June payday .

I think we will see a higher average attendance next season at Blundell Park however many we sell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 313
Poojah
June 12, 2023, 8:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,756
Gold Stars: 1,509
If 900 "new" season tickets is accurate, and it seems likely given the club reported around 500 very early on in the sales window, it's hard to see anything but a fairly sizeable increase on last season.

Yes, there will always be attrition, and you could make an argument for that being higher than usual given the financial squeeze most are facing at the moment. But there's every chance that in opting to not renew, you are making a decision not only about next season but for the foreseeable future. If we do sell 6,000+ STs, and I'd currently rate that as "more likely than not", it's going to be a freezing frenzy getting single match tickets for any league game, let alone the more attractive fixtures. And if we look like doing well, and I'd like to think there's every possibility of that, then it's going to be even harder.

I don't think I am alone in believing that, after two decades of hardship, we find ourselves at the very foot of an acclivity. The path in football is rarely smooth and no doubt there will be hiccups along the way, but if we are on the up as I hope and believe we are, getting tickets at BP is only going to get more and more difficult as the years go by. I'm not suggesting for a second that we will achieve what the hatters have in the foreseeable future, but how many Luton fans wished they'd invested season ticket at Kennilworth Road 4 or 5 years ago.

Money is tight for many and putting food on the table has to be the number 1 priority, but if that's a surmountable problem then I think people need to think long and hard before they hit the "cancel" button. Think not of what happened at home last season, but of what might just be to come...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 313
RexFannies
June 12, 2023, 9:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
I had a ST last season but don’t want the same seats…..do I just need to wait and hope for better ones?

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 74 - 313
Mappers
June 12, 2023, 9:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from RexFannies
I had a ST last season but don’t want the same seats…..do I just need to wait and hope for better ones?

You can go on the standby list so you get them at the same price mate , options are on the seat map in the corners - but you will be waiting until 1st July to see what seats are available after non renewals .

Or go in to the shop i guess .

Where do you want to sit ? because there are options now to , just limited
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 313
gtfc_chris
June 12, 2023, 9:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
What I'm intrigued about is how it will work for those who have bought 'overflow' tickets, which I imagine a proportion of the new ST holders have done.

Once the early bird period ends and any unrenewed tickets go on sale, is it first come first serve? I know you have to put in your preferences, what happens if multiple people have suggested the same area? What happens if that area has been renewed by all previous owners in that area?

Might sound like daft questions being over-thought, but IF the demand does go beyond even last seasons great totals, are fans who are in the 'overflow' section likely to end up 'handing back' their ST if the same scenario as last season happened (considering on the day tickets) whereby there aren't enough seats to put a group of people together. Can they hand back and get a refund or will they simply be told to find the best possible seats they can which could possibly end up being in the rafters of the main stand?

Granted it's not a problem we've ever faced before so we don't have the luxury of learning from experience, but I'm wondering whether the solution to this potential problem is to have a date whereby existing ST must renew by, let's say 2 weeks before the early bird rate ends (adjust as necessary). This then allows 2 weeks for new ST holders to see the range of seats available and possibly creates a secondary influx of tickets sold before the early bird ends.

In some ways I hope it doesn't actually become a problem but in some ways I do. If the overflow situation throws up issues that reflect we don't have the capacity to suitably house everyone that wants to be at BP week in week out in the stands of their choice with views that suit their preferences then it demonstrates that firstly we're improving our appeal and that the conversation about expansion in whatever format is actually one that becomes more serious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 313
toontown
June 12, 2023, 10:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from RexFannies

I moved my seat before the end of the early bird period so I could pick the seat I wanted. You could do the same
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 313
grimsby pete
June 12, 2023, 11:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
if we sell over 6 thousand ST. Surely we have to put some temp seating in from the main to the ponny. at least.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 313
jimgtfc
June 13, 2023, 6:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,101
Gold Stars: 45
We’re gonna need a bigger boat!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 313
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.