Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 93 Guests

Season Tickets

This thread currently has 47,984 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
July 10, 2023, 10:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
1878 memberships are now on sale with the various discounts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 313
ska face
July 10, 2023, 11:22am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,779
Gold Stars: 851
Not sure how accurate it is, but going off the ticket portal currently, there’ll be 3 single walk-up tickets in the Lower next year, 14 in the upper (only a handful of pairs) and 12 in the Pontoon (one pair). Usual state of play in the Main.

Did not expect that.
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 313
diehardmariner
July 10, 2023, 12:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 540
That is truly staggering.  Looking at those available in the Main, it's definitely the majority are restricted view (despite what the club are officially saying).  As said many times before, they should be considered last resort both by fans and the club when it comes to buying/selling.

Officially there is spaces and I suspect there always will be.  But realistically we're at the point before a ball has been kicked of having incredibly limited decent tickets available for anyone who wants to walk-up and pay in the 3 traditional home ends.  The use of the corner and encroachment of the main bulk of the Osmond Stand will without doubt help with any game-to-game demand.  Luckily it's only Mansfield in the 2023 element of the fixtures who I can see bringing anything of a decent following.   Mid-Feb onwards though we've got Stockport, Donny, Wrexham and Bradford at home who will want the maximum allocation in the Osmond, especially at the business end of the season.

We really need to make sure that the ST release scheme is effective in the absence of any additional seating.
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 313
Poojah
July 10, 2023, 1:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,756
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from diehardmariner
We really need to make sure that the ST release scheme is effective in the absence of any additional seating.

This has to be the number one priority, before we even think about buying or renting extra capacity. It’s not rocket science - just make it easy.

All it requires is a proactive comms plan. The club has the contact details of every single season ticket holder. If we’re in danger of reaching capacity (we should have the luxury of 1,200 seats in the Osmond most weeks this side of January) a quick text message or email with a one-click link to release your seat if you can’t make it is all it takes.

A little bit of lateral thinking goes a long way.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 313
Mappers
July 10, 2023, 1:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Waiting to hear where mine will be. Was on the reserve list and had a specific request but heard nowt.

Are you sorted Imperial ?

I saw it mentioned on Twitter space someone had been allocated their chosen seats , but had received no comms but they had been given them on the ticket portal.

Might be worth checking if you use that .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 313
Theimperialcoroner
July 10, 2023, 1:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Mappers

Are you sorted Imperial ?

I saw it mentioned on Twitter space someone had been allocated their chosen seats , but had received no comms but they had been given them on the ticket portal.

Might be worth checking if you use that .

Yes,Just. Thanks to Lisa for getting back to me after a little moan.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 313
diehardmariner
July 10, 2023, 2:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 540
Quoted from Poojah

This has to be the number one priority, before we even think about buying or renting extra capacity. It’s not rocket science - just make it easy.

All it requires is a proactive comms plan. The club has the contact details of every single season ticket holder. If we’re in danger of reaching capacity (we should have the luxury of 1,200 seats in the Osmond most weeks this side of January) a quick text message or email with a one-click link to release your seat if you can’t make it is all it takes.

A little bit of lateral thinking goes a long way.

Zero argument from me.  The current, or at least what we've done in the last season, approach isn't working.  The odd tweet and update on the official site isn't capturing enough people.  I do think we'll need to see some sort of incentive to really tap into releasing a decent number of seats but something, anything really, different needs trying.
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 313
HerveJosse
July 10, 2023, 2:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Don’t expect as many non attendees as last season the thousand or so who didn’t renew and who have been replacedby new season ticket holders from the overspill applicants will have weeded out a number of last seasons non attendees.
I continue to be amazed that so many continue to express suprise at how many season tickets we have sold. I said repeatedly perhaps over ambitiously that we would sell 6000.
Equally I have no doubt that had we had an additional 2000 good quality seated we would have sold 7-8000
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 313
gtfc_chris
July 10, 2023, 3:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Yes,Just. Thanks to Lisa for getting back to me after a little moan.

You didn't happen to take x2 seats in the Main Stand on row E? Tried ringing this morning to try and move from our purchased seats to some newly available seats but kept getting 'there has been an error' before being cut off. Came to look at it again this afternoon and they'd gone, wondering if you've stolen my (intended) seats!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 313
Mappers
July 10, 2023, 4:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse
Don’t expect as many non attendees as last season the thousand or so who didn’t renew and who have been replacedby new season ticket holders from the overspill applicants will have weeded out a number of last seasons non attendees.
I continue to be amazed that so many continue to express suprise at how many season tickets we have sold. I said repeatedly perhaps over ambitiously that we would sell 6000.
Equally I have no doubt that had we had an additional 2000 good quality seated we would have sold 7-8000

And then add in the 2k/3k+ we COULD get in the away end 10-12  times when we get to league 1 and we have a serious (good) problem .

We are 1 good season away from maxing out the home ends with ST sales , and half the clubs in the league wanting the full away end .

Look at MK Dons in league 1 averaged something like 8.5k , without the away fans that was around 5.8k home fans , yet they were able to offer 6-7k away allocation were some of the larger clubs took the  lot which inflated their home attendances, I'm not saying we would want to do that ; but it shows the levels of support in the league up and what constraints our ground gives us in terms of potential attendances .

I don't know what the answer is but those 1000 who did not renew will be very dissapointed next summer if we go right through, they want to come back and they have only the main stand seats to choose from ; that's why if you are on the fence i would say still get one ,because although not probable ,it's still possible you could miss out on a decent regular seat for a long time .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 313
32 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.