Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 73 Guests

Season Tickets

This thread currently has 48,001 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
June 14, 2023, 1:55pm
Guest User
Got my tickets for the GY Borough and Cleethorpes fixtures. Just need to arrange a day to come over and renew my ST in person. I've always preferred it that way. Make a day of it.
Reply: 100 - 313
lew chaterleys lover
June 14, 2023, 2:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
It's not really been on my mind about renewing my "pass" yet as I know I've got till the month end. Surely most will be thinking the same won't they?

3k seems incredible with a huge percentage yet to renew, and there is going to be an almighty scramble for those seats which aren't renewed. After that, presumably more seats will be sold that aren't somebody's first choice.

If we get over 6k season tickets then surely we urgently need covered temporary seating with unrestricted views for matchday walk ups, or some rearrangement for away fans?

The owners have played a blinder in ramping up the idea that seats are going to be scarce due to finite capacity, but I can't see how they can afford to turn people away.

It's a great problem to have though.
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 313
1mickylyons
June 15, 2023, 2:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
I'll be renewing next week just hope we play a bit more exciting football at home this time around? Looks to me like PH is trying to inject some pace into the forward line which should help.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 313
Mappers
June 16, 2023, 1:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,480
Gold Stars: 119
3200 sold
Get to 4000 this time next week and we have a great chance of going through the record IMO
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 313
Mappers
June 17, 2023, 8:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Mansfield had cleared 2500 by this point and ended up on 4700
Stockport have done 2500 with 2 weeks to go and they ended up with 5300 last year .

Barring us being a huge anomaly I think we get close to 5500 by the end of the early bird and clear 6k by August ,which will be a record .

Dave , are you still not renewing ?

If we assume we do as many as mansfield minimum in the last 2 weeks its 5400 , but I genuinely believe we do more .

We need a bigger boat  and we are big football club who after 20 years of hardship could be a really big one - I am not talking Liverpool or City but we can be a Brentford ,Brighton or Luton and go through the leagues  .If  i was the club I would be tempted to open up that small corner in the osmond for season tickets and promote it - you would then be looking at silly silly numbers , but even less available for walk ups and tied in to using that corner even for all the smaller games.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 313
It Bites
June 17, 2023, 9:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,207
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Mappers
Mansfield had cleared 2500 by this point and ended up on 4700
Stockport have done 2500 with 2 weeks to go and they ended up with 5300 last year .

Barring us being a huge anomaly I think we get close to 5500 by the end of the early bird and clear 6k by August ,which will be a record .

Dave , are you still not renewing ?

If we assume we do as many as mansfield minimum in the last 2 weeks its 5400 , but I genuinely believe we do more .

We need a bigger boat  and we are big football club who after 20 years of hardship could be a really big one - I am not talking Liverpool or City but we can be a Brentford ,Brighton or Luton and go through the leagues  .If  i was the club I would be tempted to open up that small corner in the osmond for season tickets and promote it - you would then be looking at silly silly numbers , but even less available for walk ups and tied in to using that corner even for all the smaller games.

I've supported town for 43 years and apart from one season in the 90's I've always been a walk up . I'm all for the club selling as many season tickets as possible and helping us get into league 1 . If I can't get match day tickets so be it . The club come first
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 313
Mappers
June 17, 2023, 9:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from It Bites

I've supported town for 43 years and apart from one season in the 90's I've always been a walk up . I'm all for the club selling as many season tickets as possible and helping us get into league 1 . If I can't get match day tickets so be it . The club come first

Exactly mate many do and you probably went to more home games than me (i did 11 last season even though i got a season ticket )

But I  release the seat for those other 12 games, we should be able to get regular walk ups in if we release the seats and maybe even give away our season tickets to other fans , maybe we could share QR codes on here i would give my ticket away for the games i dont go to?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 313
lew chaterleys lover
June 17, 2023, 9:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
What if we do get the much vaunted "marquee signing" be it Bennett or another? The demand for season tickets could get very interesting.

It's a dilemma the owners could have only hoped for, but it will be fascinating to see if they react with plans to increase capacity. All the talk is of a club seriously on the way back and it could be the most exciting period for decades.
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 313
Mappers
June 17, 2023, 9:53pm
Champagne Drinker
No we will move through the leagues

I am in no doubt , Stockwood and Pettit are serious and well off and will get what they want ; when they get to the point when they don't want to put in the substantial capital needed to compete at the top end of League 1 and the Champ is when it will. get interestìng .

Will they sell out to go right through or just keep us as a mid/lower end league 1 club ?

That's when we will all probably have to decide what we want for the future
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 313
jimgtfc
June 18, 2023, 7:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,101
Gold Stars: 45
Jason and Andrew have often spoken of this “10 year plan”. There’s no silly statements around it like we’ve heard before, did we ever make Phillip Day’s target of championship in 5 years? However, they definitely won’t see the club still at Blundell Park in its current guise at the end of that plan. What happens between now and then will be the interesting part.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 313
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.