Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 152 Guests

Season Tickets

This thread currently has 47,985 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
June 10, 2023, 9:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,476
Gold Stars: 119
When you put it in perspective the amount we are shifting is amazing really .

We hardly ever touched these levels in the champ and were told we would only ever top out at 4k attendances by our ex primary funder .

I genuinely believe with an increase in capacity and a bit of success we could easily achieve consistent low 5 figure gates .

It's great the fans are really getting behind the project and club .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 313
Mappers
June 10, 2023, 9:32am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,476
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from heppy88
Some will be waiting. The style of football and results at home last season left some on the fence. Money is tight and priorities have to be considered. But, the club have shown early intent with the signings this week and it it seems fans are more than happy. This, coupled with those on the fence not wanting to miss out on seats, especially if we’re in the mix, it will be hard to resist securing your seat. Like others have said I think there will be a rush at the end of June and like I said earlier some newbies may make a panic purchase just to secure a seat. I’ve a really good feeling about next season. UTM.

I don't think many will resist tbh even if they are saying it now , will probably just end up paying full price when they get tempted mid July after a few more good signings .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 313
ginnywings
June 10, 2023, 11:01am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
And yet there were some who insisted that season ticket sales and attendances wouldn't increase after JF left unless we were storming the league.

They are now conspicuous by their absence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 313
pen penfras
June 10, 2023, 6:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ginnywings
And yet there were some who insisted that season ticket sales and attendances wouldn't increase after JF left unless we were storming the league.

They are now conspicuous by their absence.

Well they didn't go up until we had success, did they? Now there's a wave that's being ridden and potentially a fomo effect. The new owners are doing a good job of keeping that going with the exception of the capacity blindness issue. Weirdly the small capacity might be part of what's keeping ticket sales so high
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 313
It Bites
June 10, 2023, 6:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,206
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pen penfras

Well they didn't go up until we had success, did they? Now there's a wave that's being ridden and potentially a fomo effect. The new owners are doing a good job of keeping that going with the exception of the capacity blindness issue. Weirdly the small capacity might be part of what's keeping ticket sales so high

Please remind me of the season ticket sales after Fentys success getting promoted via the play offs . Not even close to last season's . He strangled the club but just left enough air in to survive safely
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 313
ginnywings
June 10, 2023, 6:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pen penfras

Right on cue.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 313
forza ivano
June 10, 2023, 6:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pen penfras

Lovely to see you back pen/john. Perhaps you could ( or someone else) remind me ofthe season ticket sales in 21-22  the non.league season we had to suffer because of jsf n holliway, an all time low I  this clubs history?
Would be an all time low surely?  #penrewritinghistory
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 313
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
June 10, 2023, 8:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Mappers

I don't think many will resist tbh even if they are saying it now , will probably just end up paying full price when they get tempted mid July after a few more good signings .

I certainly won’t renew, PH will change nothing in regards to our home form. I will go to the home derbies and most of the aways and that will do

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 313
Poojah
June 10, 2023, 8:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,756
Gold Stars: 1,509

I certainly won’t renew, PH will change nothing in regards to our home form. I will go to the home derbies and most of the aways and that will do

I reckon that’s for the best, tbf.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 313
HertsGTFC
June 10, 2023, 9:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
If we finish July on a really good number of sales I wonder if we’ll go for the temp seats?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 313
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.