8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
May 12, 2023, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,889
Gold Stars: 42
Further to the above comments, Consultants in a work environment are good at gaining most of their insights into the company from talking to employees.  They then use this information as their own ideas in reports to management (for a fat fee).

Managers can also use external consultants to recommend (say) job losses.  If managers are unwilling or too frightened to announce staff redundancies, then it is a good cop-out to blame the decision on recommendations made by consultants.

The civil service spends more hundreds of millions of public money each year on the above points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
May 12, 2023, 6:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,737
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob

They might be able to tell you what the ROI of a new main stand would be and where it ranks in the many ways we have of spending money.

Well let's hope we get a bit more information as to the practical benefits to the club, and indeed what the Republic of Ireland has to do with it.

On a more serious note I think it is important they don't get too wrapped up in corporate speak when making these announcements and remember that the majority of our fan base don't spend their days in corporate boardrooms, and might prefer more information on how the club will benefit, and how ,if at all ,it will affect fans. I've seen some comments on Twitter calling it word salad, business gobblygook and what does it even mean.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 75
Grimsby2012
May 12, 2023, 7:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
1878 and now the 21st group.

It'll be the 69s next.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 75
May 12, 2023, 7:58pm
Guest User

I've seen some comments on Twitter calling it word salad, business gobblygook and what does it even mean.

Yes, I also miss the days of plain speaking and the “laser like” straight-to-the-point language of the prior regime.

Reply: 23 - 75
forza ivano
May 12, 2023, 8:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,223
Gold Stars: 266
tbh I think this is a lot more than just management consultants. This could be taking us from Fenty's early - mid 20th century business model to an operation that may well end up with us being 1 step ahead of nearly all lower league opposition.
The appointment of Gareth Jennings could be a massive appointment. His involvement has been with organisations light years away from we are . Looks like a real coup
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 75
The Caterham Mariner
May 12, 2023, 8:09pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +94
Gold Stars: 8
Hhhmm...
Wait and see, at the end of the day for me
I just wanna see good footie on the pitch
with out fancy phrases and buzzwords.
UTM.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 75
forza ivano
May 12, 2023, 8:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,223
Gold Stars: 266
Hhhmm...
UTM.

and you're far, far more likely to see good footie with data analysis, proper recruitment, a professional operation, a holistic outlook rather than Fenty's 'it's my way or the high way'/'Something will turn up' philosophy
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 75
MuddyWaters
May 12, 2023, 8:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,271
Gold Stars: 236
Rather than prejudge, why don’t we wait and see what transpires? The fact that they have a very healthy balance sheet is a great start.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 75
moosey_club
May 12, 2023, 8:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,269
Gold Stars: 226
Think I read developing a football plan in there somewhere, something which we have certainly struggled with this season, having a more react to the opposition approach rather stamping our own style on a game.
I wonder if these are also reactions to what we all know was a couple of poor transfer windows really.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 75
thefish
May 12, 2023, 8:46pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Hhhmm...
UTM.

That’s where you and I differ- my only reason for sitting in the Pontoon is to hear the latest ‘fancy phrases’ on offer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Twenty First Group

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.