8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
May 12, 2023, 1:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 390
The club has a new partnership with TFG and a new board member, Gareth Jennings.

https://gtfc.co.uk/club-statem.....mercial-performance/

https://www.twentyfirstgroup.com/tfg-grimsby-town-fc/

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
TownSNAFU5
May 12, 2023, 1:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,889
Gold Stars: 42
Another step forward for the club.  Success breeds success.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 75
Big Jake
May 12, 2023, 1:30pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +81
Gold Stars: 5
I was excited about this, then I saw they are involved with Spurs....

Seriously though, this is a positive move and shows we are moving forward and embracing the modern game, worlds apart from 3 years ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 75
Madeleymariner
May 12, 2023, 1:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,062
Gold Stars: 50
I don't even understand what they actually do other than they are consultants making a pot load of money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 75
MaccasBoots
May 12, 2023, 1:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Madeleymariner
I don't even understand what they actually do other than they are consultants making a pot load of money.

This. It theoretically sounds like exciting news - but I'd be interested to get some more details about what precisely they're going to bring to the table. The press release is pretty wishy washy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 75
diehardmariner
May 12, 2023, 2:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 539
It's like corporate buzzword Bingo in those statements...

That said, it seems a progressive move forward.  This page is quite interesting on their website https://www.twentyfirstgroup.com/impact/ I think some of the examples and a bit ambiguous for my liking.  Lots of actions and suggestions, but limited or at best loose 'impacts'.  But a few nuggets in there all the same.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 75
May 12, 2023, 2:09pm
Guest User
I'm fairly sure that JS and AP know what they are doing, I have complete faith in them.
Reply: 6 - 75
Son of Cod
May 12, 2023, 2:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Looks like they do tactical, recruitment and investment/commercial based data analysis. All things we need. I'd imagine that those vests players play and train in produce a large amount of data that we're not harnessing as well as we could be. Again, the data the scouting network collects probably could be put to better use. The more you build up your database the more complex it becomes to analyse, so the less likely you are to make as good use of it if you don't have the expertise in house. This will be what we were doing with Loughbrough Uni but a step up and more bespoke, I'd imagine. They have an impressive list of clients this company, hopefully we'll start reaping the benefits of this fairly rapidly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 75
kafunanapar140909
May 12, 2023, 2:18pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Their whole website is a bit “wishy washy”. It’s only really once you get into the case studies that you get a sense of what they do. They’re an analytics company which uses big data to looks for patterns and, ultimately, insights into the way an organisation does things, with a view to spotting areas that can be strengthened in ways that haven’t been thought of before.

They’ve focussed on a variety of different areas, from the more small-scale examples of helping clubs with manager searches (see Swansea: https://www.twentyfirstgroup.com/portfolio-item/swansea-city-head-coach-search/) and helping BT Sport grow its customer base after significantly reducing its marketing budget (https://www.twentyfirstgroup.com/portfolio-item/bt-sport-premier-league-predictions/), to huge root-and-branch reviews like the ECB’s High Performance Review (https://www.twentyfirstgroup.com/portfolio-item/ecb-high-performance-review/).

It’s unclear what Town are going to use them for – it could be the playing side or commercial side or both. Maybe we’ll get some more info from the pod interview.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
May 12, 2023, 2:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,737
Gold Stars: 237
That's all well and good but can they give us a new Main stand?

Our owners certainly seem to move in rarefied business circles, but why does it always sound so vague?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 75
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Twenty First Group

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.