jamesgtfc
May 12, 2023, 11:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HertsGTFC
So did I hear that right? A prem club has asked us what positions we’re looking to fill next season?

I know Chelsea need to off load a good few but we don’t want them, do we?

Explains the Vardy rumour...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 69
HertsGTFC
May 12, 2023, 11:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,937
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Explains the Vardy rumour...

😂😂😂

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 69
aldi_01
May 13, 2023, 7:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Delighted to hear Andrew take the lead on the capacity issue.

One thing that stood out to me in Jason's rant about staff speculation was that he said people have left for a variety of reasons such as criminal reasons. There was a tweet of his the other week that alluded to people leaving organisations for various reasons and he said "illegal activity" in that too.

Here I am speculating about staff which he has just ranted about, but that criminal comment stood out like a sore thumb in his rant about that.

Good interview overall, it is never easy to ask everything in the limited time they have. They do seem to have a knack of arranging these interviews and scheduling a major announcement of some sort for them.

I mean, let’s face it, under the old regime, plenty could’ve been sacked for impersonating a professional.

We’ve all known that people have had access to tickets etc because of favours and the like, perhaps there’s been stuff like that happening? Kit going missing or whatever, or May be some have just been massive bellends and they’ve been booted…personally I see no issue and couldn’t care less about the comings and goings like some. Let’s face it, those overly concerned are people that have been let go themselves or are mates/family of folk who’ve suffered that fate.

The social media thing clearly irks Stockwood and I guess I can see why but sadly, it’s not going away but I do think he’s right to call it out.

They might not give us all the answers we want, they might not always provide any further information but listening to them is still a breath of fresh air. It’s not full of false promises, narcissistic comments or woe is me tales and it’s coherent and clear…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 69
rancido
May 13, 2023, 8:00am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,569
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Mappers

I don't get the beef with the odd social media bod , it's a tiny minority probably a good % less than some (most) clubs and some of them are just clickbaiting . In truth i thought it was /is just Wacca ,his small crew and some ex employees or family members that want Jason to 'take some ' because they want retribution or whatever .

It may only be a tiny minority but, like ' Chinese Whispers' these negative comments spread and get believed.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 69
May 13, 2023, 8:34am
Guest User
Quoted from Mappers
I don't get the beef with the odd social media bod , it's a tiny minority probably a good % less than some (most) clubs and some of them are just clickbaiting . In truth i thought it was /is just Wacca ,his small crew and some ex employees or family members that want Jason to 'take some ' because they want retribution or whatever .

I think you might 'get the beef' better if the social media cr@p was directed at you.
Reply: 44 - 69
HertsGTFC
May 13, 2023, 8:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

I think it’s quite simple, regardless of how many people are making comments words can hurt especially when it’s personal attacks on an individual.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 69
Mappers
May 13, 2023, 9:01am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,323
Gold Stars: 118
I know what you are saying and people need to realise what the line is .
I used to run my own business and would occasionally be the one to  'take some' and it can be hard to not take it personally but the realisation is that that there are 99/100 people praising you yet
you tend to take to  heart the one that isn't  especially if there is an agenda of personal insults over professional one's and that's where the line should be drawn ; I suppose the added variable of anonymity does not help with social media .
But if it unduly effects you knowing the climate surely it's best to just not be on it ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 69
Yarborough Vaults
May 13, 2023, 9:32am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Just listened to the pod, great to hear some of the issues addressed particularly about STHs and empty seats on a match day.

It's a new problem to have as a result of success and maybe that's why it's thrown the club a bit. Fans who paid for a ST and didn't attend in previous seasons were not having a negative effect on match days as plenty of other seats were available  In fact those fans were to be applauded for commiting money to the club with a lower return to themselves.

But good to know it's been noted. It may solve itself with a lower take up this season due to a lack of a giddy promotion factor and a bit of a grinding home campaign.

Buying a ST in the summer and then finding yourself freezing half to death in a dour draw during Winter may also lead to a return to match by match tickets for some (possibly more so with those who bought with their kids)

All conjecture of course, but we'll see soon enough when early  bird ends, and we haven't had any announcements on numbers sold so far which could be telling in itself.

Great pod though. DN35 is unmissable for me and the new incarnation of SWWF.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 69
HertsGTFC
May 13, 2023, 9:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
So on reflection I think that was a good interview and by Alex’s own admission they did re-visit some “ongoing topics” and did that well.

So some stuff for me …..

- Loved the rant and the odd f bomb as it proves they care about things, if you drop your guard it often proves you’re comfortable in your own skin, the skin in this case being a football club chairman.

- As well as all the business stuff and talk about the future they seem to be building relationships in the game which is a good thing in terms of learning and who knows maybe the off player addition, we all know the last custodian had difficulty building equitable relationships.

- There is ambition for sure but also there is aspiration which came out when Andrew referenced Brentford, Brighton & Luton and that they are looking at solutions to free up seats either by ticketing solutions or adding capacity.

- The other thing that surfaced was a comment about having a backfill plan is someone came in for the gaffer. Succession planning is something different for us and is what good organisations do.

- In terms of departures all being well Jason put it to bed, as a couple of posters have quite rightly commented in terms of professionalism & excellence the club was a complete joke from top to bottom, sooner or later it was bound to catch up with some under performers and people who have had a pretty soft existence.

Overall I think we’ve been really lucky as these two home town lads get it and want to do the right things for the right reasons.

Today Luton play in the play offs with a chance of getting into dreamland they’ve got there on the basis of having good ownership that care about the right things over a number of years. I still don’t believe we can hit those heights but I do think we’ll significantly progress on and off the pitch with 1878 given time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 69
moosey_club
May 13, 2023, 10:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,258
Gold Stars: 226
So when is the Haile Sands Fort Hotel opening?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › DN35 Jason and Andrew Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.