jamesgtfc
May 12, 2023, 3:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If I was asked to move I’d consider it, if I was told to move I’d consider not buying a season ticket.

I just wonder how many people who are going on about empty seats haven’t personally been able to buy tickets for a home game on a regular basis.

I'm coming from the position of someone who can't get to many games, and the weekend games I can get to, I like to take my youngest. For one game earlier this season I purchased the last 2 seats next to one another in the Upper and there was nobody sat on the entire row in front of me, plus loads of empty seats around me.

Lots of ticketing systems prevent single seats being left and moving someone up an extra seat or two to enable more paired seats seems to make sense, and some people not wanting to do that does seem a bit selfish.

If the next seat along is a restricted view then that is different but, in most cases, moving along one or two seats doesn't materially change your view.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 69
LH
May 12, 2023, 3:19pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,526
Gold Stars: 173
Give STHS £5 credit for giving seats up that lasts for a short time e.g. a month or three months for the club shop, home tickets, hospitality etc OR get an temporary stand in one or more of the corners and have them purely for one off purchases. No 1878, no loyalty points etc. It really isn’t difficult and it’s daft that we’re still having these discussions.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 69
crusty ole pie
May 12, 2023, 5:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,340
Gold Stars: 66
Is there a link to listen to it please ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 69
CSLM
May 12, 2023, 8:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +641
Gold Stars: 12
You would have thought that Jason would have a decent internet connection but oh well.

I thought it was excellent to be honest and was pleased to see the passionate rant about certain sections of social media.

It was interesting how Andrew answered the questions about capacity/season ticket no shows only for Jason to almost step back from some of it. Definitely good to hear that they at least realise that there is a problem and are looking at options.

We either have 2 massive supporters who want the best for the club or 2 of the greatest actors I have ever seen in charge now.

The future looks very positive to me, even talk of winning the champions league lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 69
Mappers
May 12, 2023, 8:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
They are on a different planet to not just our former primary funder but most football custodians  in terms of modern day business management.

I can see them taking us further than many probably expect it's just going to take time and patience .

It's great to have 2 proper fans who get it .
They are no mugs and  I would love to know what their final goal and exit strategy is for their tenure  .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 69
Mappers
May 12, 2023, 10:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from CSLM
You would have thought that Jason would have a decent internet connection but oh well.

I thought it was excellent to be honest and was pleased to see the passionate rant about certain sections of social media.

It was interesting how Andrew answered the questions about capacity/season ticket no shows only for Jason to almost step back from some of it. Definitely good to hear that they at least realise that there is a problem and are looking at options.

We either have 2 massive supporters who want the best for the club or 2 of the greatest actors I have ever seen in charge now.

The future looks very positive to me, even talk of winning the champions league lol.

I don't get the beef with the odd social media bod , it's a tiny minority probably a good % less than some (most) clubs and some of them are just clickbaiting . In truth i thought it was /is just Wacca ,his small crew and some ex employees or family members that want Jason to 'take some ' because they want retribution or whatever .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 69
May 12, 2023, 10:38pm
Guest User
As a season ticket holder for years, I’ve had quite enough stick and am happy for the carrot season to continue.
Reply: 36 - 69
Mappers
May 12, 2023, 11:04pm
Champagne Drinker
The season ticket thing is weird to me - I don't get why only 100 out of 1000 are releasing their seats when they can't go (Andrews words ) maybe it's the less digitally able or something .

I just buy one knowing I will only make half the games , no disrespect but i don't want small change from the club if I cant go I knew what I was buying when I bought it ; I can't understand why others don't feel the same really .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 69
jamesgtfc
May 12, 2023, 11:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
Delighted to hear Andrew take the lead on the capacity issue.

One thing that stood out to me in Jason's rant about staff speculation was that he said people have left for a variety of reasons such as criminal reasons. There was a tweet of his the other week that alluded to people leaving organisations for various reasons and he said "illegal activity" in that too.

Here I am speculating about staff which he has just ranted about, but that criminal comment stood out like a sore thumb in his rant about that.

Good interview overall, it is never easy to ask everything in the limited time they have. They do seem to have a knack of arranging these interviews and scheduling a major announcement of some sort for them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 69
HertsGTFC
May 12, 2023, 11:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,939
Gold Stars: 228
So did I hear that right? A prem club has asked us what positions we’re looking to fill next season?

I know Chelsea need to off load a good few but we don’t want them, do we?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › DN35 Jason and Andrew Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.