7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mikey_345
May 11, 2023, 10:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
If you like a particular question please give it a vote, we always try and get through as many of the top rated ones as possible, with time constraints we obviously can’t get all the way down the list.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 69
Norseman
May 12, 2023, 12:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Mikey_345
If you like a particular question please give it a vote, we always try and get through as many of the top rated ones as possible, with time constraints we obviously can’t get all the way down the list.

What about ones we don't like .Can we give them a thumbs down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 69
HertsGTFC
May 12, 2023, 6:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,937
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Moving them along a seat or 2, providing it's not into a restricted view, isn't going to cause any harm. Moving them to a completely different block however...

If I was asked to move I’d consider it, if I was told to move I’d consider not buying a season ticket.

I just wonder how many people who are going on about empty seats haven’t personally been able to buy tickets for a home game on a regular basis.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 69
rancido
May 12, 2023, 8:45am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,569
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Genius idea… move season ticket holders so people who buy tickets on general sale can sit with their mates, sometimes 🤦‍♂️

Totally crap idea. I don't see why I should move to an inferior view just because the guy next to me wants his casual appearance mate/ relative to sit next to him. I have had the same seat, as a ST holder, for almost 20 seasons. I have seen ST holders come and go in the adjoining seats to me. Surely a casual fan comes to watch a game and if he can get the seat next to his mate then that's a bonus. It's getting like kids at school FFS - I'm not sitting at that desk because my bestie doesn't sit in the next one. I expect to be able to sit at a seat that I have paid for in advance and in the process provided funding in advance for the clubs working budget. How about somebody booking a prime seat months in advance to see a play/stage show, musical theatre etc. Then a few days before the performance to be informed that you are being moved to a lousy view at the back because your seat is being allocated to another person so they can sit next to a friend?
There is no easy answer to this situation but this is a totally unacceptable approach.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 69
diehardmariner
May 12, 2023, 9:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,621
Gold Stars: 539
Lot of appetite for discussions on ticketing.  

Previously the club have defended not doing anything because we're not selling out. That line can't be dolled out again, as recently as last Monday we've seen on this forum alone several posters stating they couldn't get a ticket for love nor money, yet there was what...1000 empty seats dotted about?

I look forward to Jason and Andrew's response to the ticketing issue this time.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 69
diehardmariner
May 12, 2023, 9:38am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Totally crap idea. I don't see why I should move to an inferior view just because the guy next to me wants his casual appearance mate/ relative to sit next to him. I have had the same seat, as a ST holder, for almost 20 seasons. I have seen ST holders come and go in the adjoining seats to me. Surely a casual fan comes to watch a game and if he can get the seat next to his mate then that's a bonus. It's getting like kids at school FFS - I'm not sitting at that desk because my bestie doesn't sit in the next one. I expect to be able to sit at a seat that I have paid for in advance and in the process provided funding in advance for the clubs working budget. How about somebody booking a prime seat months in advance to see a play/stage show, musical theatre etc. Then a few days before the performance to be informed that you are being moved to a lousy view at the back because your seat is being allocated to another person so they can sit next to a friend?
There is no easy answer to this situation but this is a totally unacceptable approach.

Yeah I wouldn't be in favour of moving my season ticket seat that I've nicely got my bottom groove into for the last 30 years.  But something has to be done...  At the minute it does annoy me that we're not doing anything.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 69
rancido
May 12, 2023, 10:49am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,569
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from diehardmariner
Lot of appetite for discussions on ticketing.  

Previously the club have defended not doing anything because we're not selling out. That line can't be dolled out again, as recently as last Monday we've seen on this forum alone several posters stating they couldn't get a ticket for love nor money, yet there was what...1000 empty seats dotted about?

I look forward to Jason and Andrew's response to the ticketing issue this time.

Surely tickets sold( or ST's reserved) leading to unavailability and empty seats are two separate issues? The club could be quite correct in stating that there are no home seats available. People who bought tickets or are ST holders and then choose not to attend for whatever reason is an issue. But whatever system is put in place will never completely resolve this problem.
We also have the problem of restricted view seats. We can either totally take these out of availability ( and reduce capacity) or try to modify the area around those seats to make the view better.
We could try to convert the Osmond Standard so that the required percentage is made available for away supporters and the remaining seats dedicated for home supporters. Obviously this will impact in away support from certain clubs who would easily surpass the required minimum.
We then have the small groups of fans ( non ST's) who will only attend if they can sit together. It is this group who are very hard to cater for, with a situation of 'winners and losers'.
All things added up make for a very difficult situation for the club to resolve for the benefit of everybody.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 69
diehardmariner
May 12, 2023, 11:30am
Vodka Drinker
I think ST's sold and then not used (or released) is part of the wider issue of unavailability of seats.

Monday, as an example, was a case of people simply couldn't buy a ticket.  Yet in the actual ground there as a good 1000 unoccupied seats.  This has been the case pretty much all season.  Around me, again all season, there's unoccupied seats with reserved stickers on them, they're not available for purchase on a game-by-game basis.

You're right, this has always been the case to a degree.  Not all season ticket holders can make all 23 games of the league season, every season. I include myself in that.  But last season this situation was magnified.  When we were selling 3000 season tickets and only pulling gates of 5000 no-one cared.  There was very, very rarely an occasion when we came close to putting up the Sold Out signs up.

Alone, making sure unused ST's are put back into the system won't address the issue of our demand outstripping our capacity.  But it'll go towards it.  Same as the issue with restricted view seats, which I really believe needs sorting.  The views in those seats, especially the ones that more or less have the bloody goal blocked by the Police Box, is appalling.  It's embarrassing that we would charge anything near full price to sit in those seats.

Again, I agree.  We'll never resolve the problem fully.  And in some ways it's a lovely problem to have.  But long term we should be doing everything to maximise and capitalise in the interest that exists at present in the club.  This season the club made a big step by flexing that availability in the away end, that's a good and smart move.  But there's more that can be done.  Will it be easy? No.  But easy means we stay as we are, at best.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 69
HertsGTFC
May 12, 2023, 11:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Agree completely when I said "genius idea" I was being sarcastic, it's bonkers and I'd be amazed if we took a step to p1ss off season ticket holders.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 69
HertsGTFC
May 12, 2023, 12:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think ST's sold and then not used (or released) is part of the wider issue of unavailability of seats.

Monday, as an example, was a case of people simply couldn't buy a ticket.  Yet in the actual ground there as a good 1000 unoccupied seats.  This has been the case pretty much all season.  Around me, again all season, there's unoccupied seats with reserved stickers on them, they're not available for purchase on a game-by-game basis.

You're right, this has always been the case to a degree.  Not all season ticket holders can make all 23 games of the league season, every season. I include myself in that.  But last season this situation was magnified.  When we were selling 3000 season tickets and only pulling gates of 5000 no-one cared.  There was very, very rarely an occasion when we came close to putting up the Sold Out signs up.

Alone, making sure unused ST's are put back into the system won't address the issue of our demand outstripping our capacity.  But it'll go towards it.  Same as the issue with restricted view seats, which I really believe needs sorting.  The views in those seats, especially the ones that more or less have the bloody goal blocked by the Police Box, is appalling.  It's embarrassing that we would charge anything near full price to sit in those seats.

Again, I agree.  We'll never resolve the problem fully.  And in some ways it's a lovely problem to have.  But long term we should be doing everything to maximise and capitalise in the interest that exists at present in the club.  This season the club made a big step by flexing that availability in the away end, that's a good and smart move.  But there's more that can be done.  Will it be easy? No.  But easy means we stay as we are, at best.

Some fair comment here, I did submit a question asking if the club had a process to measure true demand versus availability but doubt it will get asked.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › DN35 Jason and Andrew Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.