Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread

This thread currently has 713,899 views. Print
402 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
coddy60
April 27, 2023, 4:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from acko338
Probably too high a realistic try as a re-loan,  but I'd love to see Matete back in midfield, as he is not making the Sunderland squad at the moment, but don't know if that's an injury like Embleton, or just not getting picked??

Strong player who stood out in his previous spell !

Isn't he on loan at Plymouth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 4018
Mariner16
April 27, 2023, 4:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Matete is at Plymouth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 4018
Northbank Mariner
April 27, 2023, 4:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Poojah

Average gates in Scottish League One are about 36.

If Max Crocombe signs for Falkirk this summer I’ll insert an entire haggis into my rectum in front of the Pontoon, first game of next season.

I'll buy you said haggis but I ain't inserting it!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 4018
Abdul19
April 27, 2023, 4:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,586
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mariner16
Matete is at Plymouth

Where he's managed an incredible 7 yellows in 833 League 1 minutes!

(Less prolific than his Sunderland record tbf)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 4018
mimma
April 27, 2023, 4:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Make sure it's a big haggis 😳
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 4018
forza ivano
April 27, 2023, 4:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,276
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Just a little list of potential players I would like / may be in the realms of possibility of signing (Not that we have been linked or have any interest just to throw my two pence in there).

GK - Paul Farman (Barrow) - Decent L2 keeper and has vastly improved since last time I saw him at Lincoln back in the non-league days when we used to batter them all the time, believe Barrow will offer him new terms but surely we can offer more than them?

GK - Scott Flinders (Mansfield) - Been around at this level for a while, give Max some competition?

LB - Chris Hussey (Stockport) - They have a dilemma of having a riches of players for their disposal in their squad, Hussey is a seasoned EFL player and even at around 33/34 has had a strong season with Stockport, only kept out by Ryan Rydel who by all accounts is a player that is playing out of his skin and keeping Hussey out the side, still 10 appearances for Stockport and 2 goals and considered to be very solid and still plays the wing-back role with ease. Could provide good competition to Glennon.

LB - Connor Wood (Orient) - On loan at Colchester from January but had good pedigree in Bradford and Orient to think there is something about him. Never seen him but had average reviews he's a solid enough LB for L2.

LB - Harry Boyes (Sheff Utd) - The lad who was on loan at Solihull in the Vanarama has been on loan at Lincoln & Forest Green I believe, possibly made the step up too quick as said he's not looked awful but not looked spectacular. Was in team of the season for Solihull and looked very good. I'd love to have him here on loan next year.

CB - Jesse Debrah (Halifax) - Hursty having pillaged Halifax in the summer for Maher and Green will know them well and sure he's kept a keen eye on. Been called up to England 'C' a few times and been one of the stand-outs in non league this year.

CB - Yann Songo'o (Bradford) - Experienced centre half at this level and can play just infront of the back-four aswell. Give us that bite that Green gives us aswell as physicality.

CB - Joe Lewis (Stockport) - Left fotted, had abit of a hard time really at Stockport but was one of Torquay's best players in the non-league may be possibly worth a punt?

CB - Manny Monthe (Walsall) - Beast of a man and always been brilliant when I've watched him. Strong, Physical and wins everything in the air, would give us much needed height in the team.

RB - Jamie Sterry (Hartlepool) - I think that Sterry will be in the ilk of Stockport or lower L1 clubs and has probably been Hartlepools only saving grace this year alongside Umerah and Kemp. Be a luxury signing but I don't think that we will be the only ones in for his signature.

CM - Adam Clayton (Bradford) - Every good side in this league has someone that's been there and done it and has experience playing in leagues above and controlling the games. He's out of contract at the end of the season and depends if he wants to carry on or hangs his boots up might have one last season in him and being fairly local.. May be a long shot.

CM - Antoni Sarcevic (Stockport) - Stockport seem to be letting go and another player who's done it for teams in the league above and been doing it for Stockport recently, believe he was the lad who got the red against us in non-league (may be wrong though). Very classy ball player and makes things tick, depending on what formation we are playing could be worth having a look at.

CM - Darren Pratley (Orient) - If they choose to release him and don't think he's up to L1 level. Another leader who's been there and done it, truly believe we need someone like this next year like a Diz to take games by the scruff of the neck when they are 50/50 and hanging in the balance.

RW - Harry Chapman (Bradford) - Hurst raved mad about him in the early fixture against Bradford almost lauding a player of his quality playing in this league and that he's absolutely streets ahead in quality. By all accounts Bradford aren't the keenest on him so if willing to let go believe Hursty will go in for him.

RW - Dan Aygei (Crewe) - Looked a handful the other night against us and has hit decent numbers. A winger who can commit his full-back I think that he would absolutely flourish here.

LW - Charles Vernham (Lincoln) - Worst kept secret I think, never should of really left us as it's not gone to plan since, a small little spell at Bradford but it's been made public knowledge we've tried at getting him over the line on more than one occasion and I think he will give us that little bit of stardust quality.

LW - Dan Kemp (MK Dons) - Tore us to shreds the other week playing for Hartlepool and I think since signing on loan in Jan he's been head and shoulders above, got that class about him that you rarely see at L2 level. I think MK Dons could keep hold though if they manage to get relegated into this league.

ST - Baker-Richardson (Crewe) - Caused us problems soon as he came on the other night, the sort of signings we should be looking at, a decent height with decent build and isn't a slouch either. Would like him here.

ST - Harry Smith (Orient) - Scored like 9 in 12 for Barnet on loan? Big battering ram of a man and another option for Hursty. Seen him play a few times on BT Sport and seems to win just about everything. Has been mentions of him having gambling problems though and being away from home might turn his head to that? A gamble for Hursty I don't think that he will take.

ST - Josh Umerah (Hartlepool) - Scored goals in a bad side, Big man and scores goals. Will be well sought after this summer and suspect we won't be the only ones in for him.

ST - Luke Armstrong (Harrogate) - Runs all day, scores goals and is a massive pest, this would be the signing out of the lot for me to push the boat out and go get him. I think he would hit 15-20 for us.

Some interesting names in there , especially Boyes and the Halifax lad. I think we were in the hunt for Boyes 12 months ago
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 4018
April 27, 2023, 5:16pm
Guest User
Quoted from sam gy
Re Bennett, does anyone have any idea on how he's done at Cambridge? Opinions from fans etc?

You'd think he'd be one of the best defenders in league one still..

Was wondering the same, so looked on the Cambridge forum. Has done very well:

"I'd be delighted to keep hold of RBennett, he's been very good despite our lack of success."

Also:

"R Bennett won’t be with us next year, having had my ear to the floor in cleethorpes"

The latter comment may just be one of theirs who's read the Fishy and wants to appear 'itk', of course.

Would be a top-class signing, assuming personalities don't get in the way.
Reply: 96 - 4018
Saudimariner
April 27, 2023, 5:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +304
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from forza ivano

Some interesting names in there , especially Boyes and the Halifax lad. I think we were in the hunt for Boyes 12 months ago

Didn't he used to have a shop in Freeman Street?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 4018
Son of Cod
April 27, 2023, 5:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Just a little list of potential players I would like / may be in the realms of possibility of signing (Not that we have been linked or have any interest just to throw my two pence in there).

GK - Paul Farman (Barrow) - Decent L2 keeper and has vastly improved since last time I saw him at Lincoln back in the non-league days when we used to batter them all the time, believe Barrow will offer him new terms but surely we can offer more than them?

Farman has already signed an extension at Barrow mate. I had him down as a keeper I'd have liked and one that I thought might have been a goer as well. Great post though, a few names I wasn't up to speed on there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 4018
Meza
April 27, 2023, 5:27pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
Gold Stars: 50
I thought Mayonese was a good defender started slowly but grew with every game

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 4018
402 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.