Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Davec, Googlebot, PDXMariner and 35 Guests

The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread

This thread currently has 713,885 views. Print
402 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
April 27, 2023, 9:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
Dallas is a muppet. No thanks EFL football at a big club. I prefer the national league and the play off lottery.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 4018
coddy60
April 27, 2023, 9:39am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from coddy60

My main source was very quiet in Jan, obviously coz sod all was happening, but he did say, which I pmd you, that Dallas was never on the cards, he made his intentions clear to Hursty.

Hoping for a better Summer, but I may have already peaked 😔

Saying that, after speaking with people very close to Bennett, we were about a grand per week off his deal at Cambridge.  We matched what Derby and Rotherham offered. IMO another 500 per week should be enough to get him, but that is just opinion...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 4018
GollyGTFC
April 27, 2023, 9:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from coddy60
Honestly believe Bennett has legs this time, we weren't far off the required numbers previously and it's costing him a wedge to stay down at Cambridge, so somewhere in the middle should be good enough 🤷

Somewhere in the middle between Cambridge & Grimsby? I doubt Boston United would be able to afford him.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 72 - 4018
GollyGTFC
April 27, 2023, 9:56am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from chaos33
Dallas is a muppet. No thanks EFL football at a big club. I prefer the national league and the play off lottery.

No, Dallas is a genius.

Could have joined a League 2 club on a 2 and a half year contract with around £100,000 going to Solihull Moors.

He’s got an interim pay rise until the end of June by joining Chesterfield on loan and when he’s out of contract in the summer he’s free to join any club he likes and that £100,000 that Solihull would have got will go to him instead.

You can’t fault him. Especially as he will have more options in the summer than he did in January.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 73 - 4018
GtfcGarner
April 27, 2023, 10:11am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Just a little list of potential players I would like / may be in the realms of possibility of signing (Not that we have been linked or have any interest just to throw my two pence in there).

GK - Paul Farman (Barrow) - Decent L2 keeper and has vastly improved since last time I saw him at Lincoln back in the non-league days when we used to batter them all the time, believe Barrow will offer him new terms but surely we can offer more than them?

GK - Scott Flinders (Mansfield) - Been around at this level for a while, give Max some competition?

LB - Chris Hussey (Stockport) - They have a dilemma of having a riches of players for their disposal in their squad, Hussey is a seasoned EFL player and even at around 33/34 has had a strong season with Stockport, only kept out by Ryan Rydel who by all accounts is a player that is playing out of his skin and keeping Hussey out the side, still 10 appearances for Stockport and 2 goals and considered to be very solid and still plays the wing-back role with ease. Could provide good competition to Glennon.

LB - Connor Wood (Orient) - On loan at Colchester from January but had good pedigree in Bradford and Orient to think there is something about him. Never seen him but had average reviews he's a solid enough LB for L2.

LB - Harry Boyes (Sheff Utd) - The lad who was on loan at Solihull in the Vanarama has been on loan at Lincoln & Forest Green I believe, possibly made the step up too quick as said he's not looked awful but not looked spectacular. Was in team of the season for Solihull and looked very good. I'd love to have him here on loan next year.

CB - Jesse Debrah (Halifax) - Hursty having pillaged Halifax in the summer for Maher and Green will know them well and sure he's kept a keen eye on. Been called up to England 'C' a few times and been one of the stand-outs in non league this year.

CB - Yann Songo'o (Bradford) - Experienced centre half at this level and can play just infront of the back-four aswell. Give us that bite that Green gives us aswell as physicality.

CB - Joe Lewis (Stockport) - Left fotted, had abit of a hard time really at Stockport but was one of Torquay's best players in the non-league may be possibly worth a punt?

CB - Manny Monthe (Walsall) - Beast of a man and always been brilliant when I've watched him. Strong, Physical and wins everything in the air, would give us much needed height in the team.

RB - Jamie Sterry (Hartlepool) - I think that Sterry will be in the ilk of Stockport or lower L1 clubs and has probably been Hartlepools only saving grace this year alongside Umerah and Kemp. Be a luxury signing but I don't think that we will be the only ones in for his signature.

CM - Adam Clayton (Bradford) - Every good side in this league has someone that's been there and done it and has experience playing in leagues above and controlling the games. He's out of contract at the end of the season and depends if he wants to carry on or hangs his boots up might have one last season in him and being fairly local.. May be a long shot.

CM - Antoni Sarcevic (Stockport) - Stockport seem to be letting go and another player who's done it for teams in the league above and been doing it for Stockport recently, believe he was the lad who got the red against us in non-league (may be wrong though). Very classy ball player and makes things tick, depending on what formation we are playing could be worth having a look at.

CM - Darren Pratley (Orient) - If they choose to release him and don't think he's up to L1 level. Another leader who's been there and done it, truly believe we need someone like this next year like a Diz to take games by the scruff of the neck when they are 50/50 and hanging in the balance.

RW - Harry Chapman (Bradford) - Hurst raved mad about him in the early fixture against Bradford almost lauding a player of his quality playing in this league and that he's absolutely streets ahead in quality. By all accounts Bradford aren't the keenest on him so if willing to let go believe Hursty will go in for him.

RW - Dan Aygei (Crewe) - Looked a handful the other night against us and has hit decent numbers. A winger who can commit his full-back I think that he would absolutely flourish here.

LW - Charles Vernham (Lincoln) - Worst kept secret I think, never should of really left us as it's not gone to plan since, a small little spell at Bradford but it's been made public knowledge we've tried at getting him over the line on more than one occasion and I think he will give us that little bit of stardust quality.

LW - Dan Kemp (MK Dons) - Tore us to shreds the other week playing for Hartlepool and I think since signing on loan in Jan he's been head and shoulders above, got that class about him that you rarely see at L2 level. I think MK Dons could keep hold though if they manage to get relegated into this league.

ST - Baker-Richardson (Crewe) - Caused us problems soon as he came on the other night, the sort of signings we should be looking at, a decent height with decent build and isn't a slouch either. Would like him here.

ST - Harry Smith (Orient) - Scored like 9 in 12 for Barnet on loan? Big battering ram of a man and another option for Hursty. Seen him play a few times on BT Sport and seems to win just about everything. Has been mentions of him having gambling problems though and being away from home might turn his head to that? A gamble for Hursty I don't think that he will take.

ST - Josh Umerah (Hartlepool) - Scored goals in a bad side, Big man and scores goals. Will be well sought after this summer and suspect we won't be the only ones in for him.

ST - Luke Armstrong (Harrogate) - Runs all day, scores goals and is a massive pest, this would be the signing out of the lot for me to push the boat out and go get him. I think he would hit 15-20 for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 4018
LH
April 27, 2023, 10:23am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
This thread could break the record for the most misspellings of Vernam ever recorded in one place.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 4018
chaos33
April 27, 2023, 11:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from GollyGTFC

No, Dallas is a genius.

Could have joined a League 2 club on a 2 and a half year contract with around £100,000 going to Solihull Moors.

He’s got an interim pay rise until the end of June by joining Chesterfield on loan and when he’s out of contract in the summer he’s free to join any club he likes and that £100,000 that Solihull would have got will go to him instead.

You can’t fault him. Especially as he will have more options in the summer than he did in January.

We’ll see. How will he get 100K?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 4018
jamesgtfc
April 27, 2023, 11:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from chaos33

We’ll see. How will he get 100K?

Simple. Clubs were looking to pay £100k for his services and a basic wage of, let's say £2k per week. Once he is a free agent, he will be commanding £3k per week on a 2 year deal or £2.6k per week on a 3 year deal meaning he gets the £100k rather than his former employer. I'm not comparing Mbappe to Dallas but this is why Mbappe wound his PSG contract because he could then command a significantly higher wage in the marketplace as a free agent when he subsequently resigned for PSG.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 4018
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 27, 2023, 12:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,948
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from LH
This thread could break the record for the most misspellings of Vernam ever recorded in one place.

You mean Vernams

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 4018
Corkyefes
April 27, 2023, 1:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -139
Gold Stars: 10
No rumours from me this summer as my source has now left the club, however I would be happy with names picked from the below list, which I believe could be realistic signings….

Keepers
Harvey Cartwirght - Very good as competition for Max

Defenders
Ryan Bennett – Surely we can persuade him this summer.
Harry Boyes (Loan) - Very impressed when on loan at Solihull
Jesse Debrah – Young and had a good season with Halifax.

Midfielders
Vernam - We know what hes about.
Joe Sbarra – Probably unlikely as in contract but may fancy league football now.
Dan Agyei - Scored 14 this season from the wing at Crewe. Out of contract.

Strikers
George Lloyd – May be interested in coming but a long way from home. Cheltenham probably give him pre-season to prove himself.
Dallas – Assume he will try and push for League 1 side though.
Harry Smith – Had a decent loan at Barnet and maybe worth the punt
Nick Haughton – Risky one as in a couple leagues below and would prefer him to be younger, but if he was cheap, it’s worth a gamble.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 4018
402 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.