Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread

This thread currently has 713,865 views. Print
402 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Brummie Codfather
May 1, 2023, 7:21am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 22
Signing a midfielder on a free and building a stand aren’t really a true equivalent though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 4018
ska face
May 1, 2023, 7:24am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
Shall we just rename this to the “Golly boring everyone to tears until August  Thread” & have done with it?

All the lad said was we couldn’t compete financially with Northampton, it’s matter of public record that the club offered Fox a “good contract” to stay and he chose to take up “significantly better terms” elsewhere. Anything else is just pure guesswork and speculation, which goes against the spirit of the thread.

They also did well out of the Chukwuemeka family in the last couple of years, making a few quid from him making his Premier League debut, then another £750k when he went to Chelsea for £20m last summer, as well as selling his brother Caleb to Villa in summer 2021. All this on top of being in either L1 or the L2 playoffs/promotion race for most of the last few years, it’s not completely inconceivable that they may have been able to outspend us.
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 4018
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 1, 2023, 7:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,948
Gold Stars: 180
Fu(k it

Ben fox from Northampton!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 4018
Mendonca1995
May 1, 2023, 9:13am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from ska face
Ok Rumour Fans, the standings in table of trust at the end of last summer’s transfer window looked like this

Can't remember the hotel situation one but what I can tell you is that we are 100% in talks with haughton and have offered a very good signing on fee, he does have a few options elsewhere I have asked his agent to sell the club to him as his wife is a New Zealand model footballer, so I told him to tell her about our wonderful beach and the best fish and chips in the world hope it sells 😂

Surrey97
Pontoonlew
Hagrid
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mendonca1995
Corkyefes
coddy60

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It Bites (R)
Lukeo (R)
Telegraph Sport (R)
WozofGrimsby (R)

January was an absolute skip fire. Mendonca1995’s source at an unnamed local hotel let him down badly and absolutely torched his reputation. Usually steady Hagrid went big on deadline day only for the Dallas deal to disintegrate, along with his reliability. Pontoonlew & Surrey97 kept their heads down in Jan, wisely, but at least one good source appears to have dried up for pontoonlew this season.

All you really need to know is that if It Bites says there’s one incoming, there aint, and whilst wozofgrimsby is a lovely bloke he’s never called a correct transfer target in the 15 years I’ve known him.

Let the bullshîtting commence!

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 4018
Mendonca1995
May 1, 2023, 9:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

I'm told it's happening, so we will have ample time to find out/comment next season

ps the poster who said about 'jelly hands'
Max has played 70-80 games with hardly a break. He's going to be mentally shot.
Give him the pre season and the n the first couple of months next season before you cast judgement please

Haughton deal is not happening yet or even close but we are in talks with him as are other clubs

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 4018
ska face
May 1, 2023, 1:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Mendonca1995

Can't remember the hotel situation one but what I can tell you is that we are 100% in talks with haughton and have offered a very good signing on fee, he does have a few options elsewhere I have asked his agent to sell the club to him as his wife is a New Zealand model footballer, so I told him to tell her about our wonderful beach and the best fish and chips in the world hope it sells 😂

Haughton deal is not happening yet or even close but we are in talks with him as are other clubs

Thought it was you who told us a Mr Dallas had checked in at the Oaklands the night before deadline day? I could be wrong, everything went a bit mental back then.

Either way, be interesting to see what happens with Haughton, seen a lot of chat from Oldham fans about signing him. If it helps at all, he could share a car with Kiwi Max Crocombe, I think is also based in the Manchester area.

Knowing our luck they’ll all end up at Falkirk & Falkirk Women.
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 4018
Mendonca1995
May 1, 2023, 1:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Thought it was you who told us a Mr Dallas had checked in at the Oaklands the night before deadline day? I could be wrong, everything went a bit mental back then.

Either way, be interesting to see what happens with Haughton, seen a lot of chat from Oldham fans about signing him. If it helps at all, he could share a car with Kiwi Max Crocombe, I think is also based in the Manchester area.

Knowing our luck they’ll all end up at Falkirk & Falkirk Women.

Nah can't remember saying Dallas was at the Oaklands must of been someone else mate 😂 I've been told haughton will play league football next season 100% for sure I'm hoping it is us will keep the fishy updated and hopefully return to the top of the league 🙌

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 4018
grimsby pete
May 1, 2023, 2:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,830
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from forza ivano

do you know, that's not out of the realms of possibility

Whatever the price they offer we want double for Harry then.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 4018
Stranger in the Park
May 1, 2023, 4:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -188
Gold Stars: 7
Dan Kemp would be a pleasing addition in my book if MK Dons would let him go or loan him out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 4018
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 1, 2023, 6:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,948
Gold Stars: 180
Thought I’d posted this before but I work with a guy from the East Midlands, Leicester city supporter, whose brother is in the burton academy. Was talking to him and reckons there’s a number of league 2 and a couple of league 1 clubs been looking at a lad they got from Leeds called Bobby Kamwa. Reckon he’s quite pacy and just hasn’t got the game time this season, but is rumoured to be getting released at the end of the campaign.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 4018
402 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.