Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread

This thread currently has 713,907 views. Print
402 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
April 27, 2023, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ska face
Yeah, Falkirk’s abroad isn’t it?

Well they talk a different language.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 4018
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 27, 2023, 10:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,949
Gold Stars: 180
Am sure someone mentioned that crocombe had an offer from a Scottish Prem side. I thought it was Motherwell

Total guesses but, here goes;

Striker wise : tyreece simpson from Huddersfield. Seem to think we were linked with him last summer

Conor Wilkinson from Walsall. Tall target man the type of player hurst needs. May end up back down south.

Keeper : Josh Vickers from rovrum. Out of contract end of the season

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 4018
ska face
April 27, 2023, 10:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,761
Gold Stars: 851
Just to throw another of my long-term targets in, Josh Kayode might be available.

Big strong forward, been on loan from Rotherham at MK Dons but has had a nightmare year for injuries and barely played all season. Had previously done well on loan at Carlisle in L2, managed nearly 30 L1 appearances last season, and was in high demand last summer.

Only 12 months left on his deal at Rotherham and a lot of their fans can’t see him making it there. Might depend on whether they stay up or get relegated this season, but would they rather let him go for a fee in the summer or chance another loan/spell on the bench?
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 4018
forza ivano
April 27, 2023, 10:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,277
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Am sure someone mentioned that crocombe had an offer from a Scottish Prem side. I thought it was Motherwell

Total guesses but, here goes;

Striker wise : tyreece simpson from Huddersfield. Seem to think we were linked with him last summer

Conor Wilkinson from Walsall. Tall target man the type of player hurst needs. May end up back down south.

Keeper : Josh Vickers from rovrum. Out of contract end of the season

Simpson signed for Ipshit as a scholar when Ph was there. The g.l. would be known to.our head of recruitment.  Incidentally I think we might a few of our targets having been ex Imps  or at least on their rafar
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 4018
GollyGTFC
April 28, 2023, 6:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from ska face
Yeah, Falkirk’s abroad isn’t it?

Wasn’t there a Welsh Rugby Union player at the end of his contract who announced he was leaving club in Wales and spoke about the desire to experience a different culture. Everyone assumed he was going to a French team and he joined Sale Sharks.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 114 - 4018
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 28, 2023, 10:12am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from ska face
Just to throw another of my long-term targets in, Josh Kayode might be available.

Big strong forward, been on loan from Rotherham at MK Dons but has had a nightmare year for injuries and barely played all season. Had previously done well on loan at Carlisle in L2, managed nearly 30 L1 appearances last season, and was in high demand last summer.

Only 12 months left on his deal at Rotherham and a lot of their fans can’t see him making it there. Might depend on whether they stay up or get relegated this season, but would they rather let him go for a fee in the summer or chance another loan/spell on the bench?

Ah, another striker made of glass. He'll fit right in.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 4018
Mappers
April 28, 2023, 10:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,423
Gold Stars: 119
Its not a rumour but it would not suprise me if Hurst is in for Toto , he seems to like him -would not know if he will be available .

Maybe a loan from Hull or/and Luton as we seem to have a decent relationship with those clubs .

Hopefully no Bogle hype as he has gone ;as all the clubs after us will testify .

Umerah -no chance league 1

Lloyd- potentially if we push the boat out .

Taylor to go to a NL northern based team probably

Vernam to end up back here eventually ,so will be right one window .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 4018
Mikey_345
April 28, 2023, 10:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,542
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from Mappers
Its not a rumour but it would not suprise me if Hurst is in for Toto , he seems to like him -would not know if he will be available .

Maybe a loan from Hull or/and Luton as we seem to have a decent relationship with those clubs .

Hopefully no Bogle hype as he has gone ;as all the clubs after us will testify .

Umerah -no chance league 1

Lloyd- potentially if we push the boat out .

Taylor to go to a NL northern based team probably

Vernam to end up back here eventually ,so will be right one window .

I think it's important to remember the circumstances at the time when Toto left, think he'd come in for abit of criticism - which i think was unfair. Was mentioned by PH at the time it didn't surprise him he chose to move on because of that. Maybe something we should have in mind when players hit bad form... it doesn't necessarily make them bad players.

Regards Bogle, I'm certainly not wanting the whole melodrama we go through every window, but he has had a fairly decent return this season. The Newport podcast guys said they weren't sure about him for a while, but he is doing alright now (when we played them). Again not suggesting we open that can of worms but maybe relevant.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 4018
Stew0_0
April 28, 2023, 3:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
I liked the look of Kemp at Hartlepool and Scott Banks of Bradford
https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/onthepitch/mens-first-team-player-profiles/midfielders/scott-banks/

Both on loan this season. If we can get in on a season loan I would be happy.

I truly believe we are currently playing with wing backs and a back 3 instead of natural wingers because Hurst isnt happy with the wingers we have at the club, plus sees Clifton as a more central option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 4018
lukeo
April 28, 2023, 5:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,398
Gold Stars: 149
I'm keeping quiet this time around..
I can't upset the fans with another relegation , they'll start calling me scunthorpe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 4018
402 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Ska Face Summer rumour/transfer thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.