Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Feigning head injuries
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 93 Guests

Feigning head injuries

This thread currently has 3,250 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
April 15, 2023, 9:46pm
Guest User
This needs sorting out by the FA and fast. Absolutely flipping ridiculous.
promotion plaice
April 15, 2023, 9:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 200

The Mansfield player today being a prime example.

I think that is what you are referring to.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
Grantham_Mariner
April 15, 2023, 9:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,197
Gold Stars: 51
If you go down holding your head and physio comes on you should have to go off for ten minutes and be seen by a doctor before you return on pitch. That will stop the fake  ones.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
Simon
April 15, 2023, 9:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from promotion plaice

The Mansfield player today being a prime example.

I think that is what you are referring to.

Got up to join in the play when they had the ball then went down holding his head when we won the ball back, ref fell for it like a feckin muppet

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
Rodley Mariner
April 15, 2023, 9:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
If you go down holding your head and physio comes on you should have to go off for ten minutes and be seen by a doctor before you return on pitch. That will stop the fake  ones.

It will also encourage potentially concussed players to carry on playing and possibly endanger themselves. Something needs to be done but not sure this is it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
HertsGTFC
April 15, 2023, 10:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Exactly this!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
HertsGTFC
April 15, 2023, 10:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

It will also encourage potentially concussed players to carry on playing and potentially endangering themselves. Something needs to be done but not sure this is it.

I get what you’re saying but you’d imagine if you did something to get concussion the physio would come on and assess you, all the refs would need is to understand whet a basic assessment looks like, but I get it.

What makes me laugh is when they kick their legs about and bang the floor with their hands. I’ve been completely smashed in the chops on several occasions and concussed a few times whilst egg chasing and I can tell you that’s the last thing you do.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
Rodley Mariner
April 15, 2023, 10:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
You can't punish teams for genuine head injuries because of others milking the system. I'd say all head injury stoppages will be video reviewed and subject the a potential three game bam if deemed to be playacting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
golfer
April 15, 2023, 10:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Simon

Got up to join in the play when they had the ball then went down holding his head when we won the ball back, ref fell for it like a feckin muppet

He was a feckin muppet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
moosey_club
April 15, 2023, 10:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
You can't punish teams for genuine head injuries because of others milking the system. I'd say all head injury stoppages will be video reviewed and subject the a potential three game bam if deemed to be playacting.

How do you video evidence concussion? You would need an mri scanner....what looks inoccious could actually be
serious....its a difficult one as its clear already that teams/players are faking head injuries where it is advantageous to their team...the answer...
I suggest....concussion subs......you leave the field to be assessed by an independent medical assessor...minimum 10- 15 mins...in the meantime your team can put a sub on free of charge.....if the player returns to play as there is nothing wrong with them...you lose a sub..if the player stays off then so be it...sub stands.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Feigning head injuries

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.