MarinerDevil
August 18, 2022, 6:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
27th September for the rearranged game.

Tickets still valid obviously. Mariners TV passes will all be refunded and will have to be repurchased.

https://gtfc.co.uk/new-date-set-for-carlisle-united/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 78
Rodley Mariner
August 19, 2022, 5:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 78
arryarryarry
August 19, 2022, 7:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
"We have rolled out a new feature on our online ticket portal which allows season ticket holders the option to ‘release’ their ticket for a specific matchday so other fans can buy it.

After a record 5,831 season tickets were issued for this campaign, seating inside Blundell Park on a matchday is limited. That’s why we are asking season ticket holders who can’t attend a game choose to donate their seat back to the Club for re-sale. This will help supporters who want to attend games find a seat, while also providing the Club with additional ticket revenue during the 2022/23 season. We are currently working on a rewards scheme for fans who donate their seat back on multiple occasions and will be able to update fans on this initiative soon.

The new ‘altruistic button’ was piloted ahead of Tuesday night’s game against Carlisle United and over 50 season ticket holders who couldn’t attend the game generously gave their seat back to Club for re-sale. After the game was abandoned, we will ensure that all those season ticket holders receive their tickets for the rearranged game back on to their cards and those fans who purchased the donated tickets, receive a full refund.

This new feature is a development on the ‘Season Ticket Buy-Back’ option which was trialled last season for the game against Stockport County when we experienced a home sell-out.

We hope that season ticket holders who can’t attend games will choose to use the ‘altruistic button’ so Blundell Park becomes even busier, and nosier, this season"
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 78
ginnywings
August 19, 2022, 7:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Don't let Kris2 see that or his head may explode.

Perhaps it has already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 78
aldi_01
August 19, 2022, 7:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
So all that flipping whining and moaning for less than 100 resold tickets…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 78
SouthLakesMariner
August 19, 2022, 11:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +938
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Poojah

Don’t get me wrong aldi my old pal, I recognise that the solution is simple and the most likely destination the club will arrive at, and I am always willing to consider opposing views on most things (don’t go denying the holocaust, mind).

The thing is, there are two basic ways of delivering an opposing view. The first is by presenting the key points of your argument in a well mannered, properly thought out and considered manner.

Then there’s the second route, which involves steaming in with your emotions on display like a builder’s àrse crack, foaming at the mouth and thrashing at your keyboard like some kind of deranged arthropod whilst going off on more tangents than an Ian Holloway trigonometry lesson and ultimately throwing around your poorly thought out ideas like an ill-disciplined chimpanzee lobbing his own faeces at the enclosure wall.

Route two, evidently, is the path our friend Kris2 has opted to go down, collecting red crosses like fuzzy little Pokémon along the way. Bring back Kris1 I say; sequels are always shít.

LOL - this is my reward for wading through 7 pages of this thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 78
forza ivano
August 20, 2022, 1:32am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Poojah

Don’t get me wrong aldi my old pal, I recognise that the solution is simple and the most likely destination the club will arrive at, and I am always willing to consider opposing views on most things (don’t go denying the holocaust, mind).

The thing is, there are two basic ways of delivering an opposing view. The first is by presenting the key points of your argument in a well mannered, properly thought out and considered manner.

Then there’s the second route, which involves steaming in with your emotions on display like a builder’s àrse crack, foaming at the mouth and thrashing at your keyboard like some kind of deranged arthropod whilst going off on more tangents than an Ian Holloway trigonometry lesson and ultimately throwing around your poorly thought out ideas like an ill-disciplined chimpanzee lobbing his own faeces at the enclosure wall.

Route two, evidently, is the path our friend Kris2 has opted to go down, collecting red crosses like fuzzy little Pokémon along the way. Bring back Kris1 I say; sequels are always shít.

almost wetting myself laughing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 78
GYinScuntland
August 20, 2022, 5:57am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Poojah

Unlike Poojah rants of course. 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 78
moosey_club
August 20, 2022, 11:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Everyday is a school day....I now know what Altruistic means...thanks to that statement.

I also didn't realise that the release your seat option was altruistic , I had presumed it was under the £5 buy back as per last seasons trial.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rearranged ticket issue

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.