August 17, 2022, 7:07pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +387
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Kris2

It's not wrong though is it. It's only wrong if you assume a ST holder is some benevolent being and the club benefits heavily from them. All you did as a ST holder is commit to buying tickets early at a heavily discounted price, without being a ST holder with the games I can make it to the club is probably making the same amount from me as they do a ST holder, for somebody attending every game home and away who is not a ST holder they are making way more. Being like "I can't go, I'll give up my seat" is not goodwill, this is not a charity you are giving to, you're saying you can't attend a game you bought at a heavily discounted price so the club just resells the seat. That's not goodwill or anything close to it.

Honestly the sense of entitlement from ST holders is getting funny. You'd think you donated thousands to the club out your pocket and that the club owes you something. The argument here is like having a ticket to the Reading Festival and you find you can't make the date so then you sell on your ticket, then it has to be rearranged through no fault of the promoter and you're demanding they give you a new ticket for the event for free. I know you'll want to answer "But Kris2, I'd be making a profit by selling my ticket so it's not the same thing!". You decided to give that profit to the club out of your own "goodwill" as you call it, now you are demanding a free ticket for a match you no longer had a ticket for.

I'm sure you'll get your way because the new owners are just nice people who want to please the fans but don't act like you're the good guys in this situation or in the right. I know this upsets you because you love yourselves and think you are important but get over it.

Wow.  Is that chip weighing heavy?

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 60 - 78
HerveJosse
August 17, 2022, 7:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from ginnywings

And you keep on digging.

Without fans, there is no club. The fans are the club.

As predicted earlier this thread has led into territory that only the greatest minds can resolve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 78
aldi_01
August 17, 2022, 7:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HerveJosse

As predicted earlier this thread has led into territory that only the greatest minds can resolve.

All this faffarsing about and cryarsing and the solution has been given by myself and others.

People over complicating for the sake of it. Using comparisons of gig tickets yet we’re talking about season tickets. People getting their knickers in a twist over something and nothing.

I’d shut the thread now before anymore minds are lost…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 78
ginnywings
August 17, 2022, 7:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HerveJosse

It's alright. JS has a philosophy degree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 78
Poojah
August 17, 2022, 9:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from aldi_01
flipping hell. I hope we sign someone or something becauee 6 pages from a non discussion is flipping boring…

The solution is simple, we all know that will be the solution. If there’s a possibility that a game be abandoned and you don’t get your filet back because you have it back to the club then STH won’t bottom themselves selling it back.

I mean, to be fair, I reckon most of us could find someone to lend out ST to anyway…

Don’t get me wrong aldi my old pal, I recognise that the solution is simple and the most likely destination the club will arrive at, and I am always willing to consider opposing views on most things (don’t go denying the holocaust, mind).

The thing is, there are two basic ways of delivering an opposing view. The first is by presenting the key points of your argument in a well mannered, properly thought out and considered manner.

Then there’s the second route, which involves steaming in with your emotions on display like a builder’s àrse crack, foaming at the mouth and thrashing at your keyboard like some kind of deranged arthropod whilst going off on more tangents than an Ian Holloway trigonometry lesson and ultimately throwing around your poorly thought out ideas like an ill-disciplined chimpanzee lobbing his own faeces at the enclosure wall.

Route two, evidently, is the path our friend Kris2 has opted to go down, collecting red crosses like fuzzy little Pokémon along the way. Bring back Kris1 I say; sequels are always shít.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 78
aldi_01
August 17, 2022, 9:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah

Don’t get my wrong aldi my old pal, I recognise that the solution is simple and the most likely destination the club will arrive at, and I am always willing to consider opposing views on most things (don’t go denying the holocaust, mind).

The thing is, there are two basic ways of delivering an opposing view. The first is by presenting the key points of your argument in a well mannered, properly thought out and considered manner.

Then there’s the second route, which involves steaming in with your emotions on display like a builder’s àrse crack, foaming at the mouth and thrashing at your keyboard like some kind of deranged arthropod whilst going off on more tangents than an Ian Holloway trigonometry lesson and ultimately throwing around your poorly thought out ideas like an ill-disciplined chimpanzee throwing his own faeces at the enclosure wall.

Route two, evidently, is the path our friend Kris2 has opted to go down. Bring back Kris1 I say; sequels are always shít.

Unless it’s the Terminator, the second one is the best…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 78
diehardmariner
August 18, 2022, 9:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
There's absolutely no way on earth the club are going to tell ST holders who released their ST, like Poojah did in this case, that they can't have their own seat that they've paid for once the game is rearranged.

That's a guaranteed way to make sure that no-one will ever release their ST seat for games they can't attend in future and probably deter anyone from renewing/signing up in future.

Kris' argument is an odd one and if not one I agree with it's his opinion, he loses the argument altogether when he gets personal though.  But the argument he does make raises a future conundrum.  

We were there or thereabouts with a sellout on Tuesday, so there's little room for wiggle.  The club will have taken advantage of seats, like Poojah's, through the resale option.    Poojah will get his seat back for the rearranged game.  The person who bought his seat will likely be told they've got first dibs on the available seats a few days before they go on general sale.... Quite simply, do we have enough seats available to host all the season ticket holders, those who bought unreserved seats and those who bought seats through the resale scheme?

I can't remember the exact numbers but it was a very low number of unsold seats left.  I'd hazard a guess that there's going to be a reliance on ST holders not attending (and putting their seats up for resale) and stub holders opting for refunds rather than getting another ticket.

I would think the rearranged Carlisle game won't be an issue as it's going to be another Tuesday and the weather will have changed a little, it won't be school holidays either so seats will become available.    There's also the flex with the Osmond end too.  Carlisle didn't bring many at all so we can switch them into the corner.  

But if this was, let's say, Doncaster that's rescheduled...
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 78
Les Brechin
August 18, 2022, 11:06am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from diehardmariner

I would think the rearranged Carlisle game won't be an issue as it's going to be another Tuesday and the weather will have changed a little, it won't be school holidays either so seats will become available.    There's also the flex with the Osmond end too.  Carlisle didn't bring many at all so we can switch them into the corner.  

Excellent idea that. It would make another few hundred seats available for Town fans.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 78
Grantham_Mariner
August 18, 2022, 11:12am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,196
Gold Stars: 51
I think they should sell the Osmond as unreserved seats. Then if it is obvious that an away team has only bought 2-300 tickets then they can be moved to the corner and Town fans can be behind the goal.

Away fans could still use the facilities behind the Osmond and Town fans could use the Fans Zone facilities.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 78
HerveJosse
August 18, 2022, 4:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I think they should sell the Osmond as unreserved seats. Then if it is obvious that an away team has only bought 2-300 tickets then they can be moved to the corner and Town fans can be behind the goal.

Away fans could still use the facilities behind the Osmond and Town fans could use the Fans Zone facilities.

I get the same impression they have settled on block aand B only for home fans regardless of how many the visitors are bringing . If they were going to swop it over surely the Sutton game was one to do it but they didn’t .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rearranged ticket issue

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.