DB
August 17, 2022, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,046
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

I think you will find that contract law allows the seller to supply goods of equal or better value if the original is no longer available, or a refund if you do not accept that. So I think you will find the club will offer anyone who purchased a season ticket holders seat a refund or a different seat.

I agree with what you say. However, it all depends on the T's & C's of the original contract.

That said I'm sure the club will look after everybody.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 78
Kris2
August 17, 2022, 6:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Question for Kris2.

Would you rather non attending STHs give up their seat for resale or give it up to a mate or, worse still, sell its use to someone else?

I don't care? That's completely up to you tbh. I'd rather ST holders don't start crying and making demands when they give up a ticket and the match gets rearranged. What if you can't make the rearranged game? Do you still demand a refund or a new seat for a game you couldn't attend in the first place?

Quoted from aldi_01
It’s really flipping simple. The STH gets their seat as normal. The person who bought the resale seat (how many out of interest?) gets dibs on a ticket elsewhere or a refund.

Simple.

Why do you get a seat you gave up for that game? You already gave it up and it was sold to somebody else. You can't demand the person who bought your ticket resold gives it back to you for the Liam Gallagher gig you couldn't attend because they rearranged the gig on a day you could attend because he broke his ribs in a fight and had to cancel the gig. Your assumption is ST holders get priority treatment and importance because you chose to commit to paying for tickets early for a huge discount. They would have made more from that seat if they sold it every game for a regular match ticket instead of the massive discount the club gave you for buying advance tickets.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 78
ginnywings
August 17, 2022, 6:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Kris2

It's not wrong though is it. It's only wrong if you assume a ST holder is some benevolent being and the club benefits heavily from them. All you did as a ST holder is commit to buying tickets early at a heavily discounted price, without being a ST holder with the games I can make it to the club is probably making the same amount from me as they do a ST holder, for somebody attending every game home and away who is not a ST holder they are making way more. Being like "I can't go, I'll give up my seat" is not goodwill, this is not a charity you are giving to, you're saying you can't attend a game you bought at a heavily discounted price so the club just resells the seat. That's not goodwill or anything close to it.

Honestly the sense of entitlement from ST holders is getting funny. You'd think you donated thousands to the club out your pocket and that the club owes you something. The argument here is like having a ticket to the Reading Festival and you find you can't make the date so then you sell on your ticket, then it has to be rearranged through no fault of the promoter and you're demanding they give you a new ticket for the event for free. I know you'll want to answer "But Kris2, I'd be making a profit by selling my ticket so it's not the same thing!". You decided to give that profit to the club out of your own "goodwill" as you call it, now you are demanding a free ticket for a match you no longer had a ticket for.

I'm sure you'll get your way because the new owners are just nice people who want to please the fans but don't act like you're the good guys in this situation or in the right. I know this upsets you because you love yourselves and think you are important but get over it.

And you keep on digging.

Without fans, there is no club. The fans are the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 78
supertown
August 17, 2022, 6:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Kris2

I don't care? That's completely up to you tbh. I'd rather ST holders don't start crying and making demands when they give up a ticket and the match gets rearranged. What if you can't make the rearranged game? Do you still demand a refund or a new seat for a game you couldn't attend in the first place?

You’re odd
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 78
TwoLeftFeet
August 17, 2022, 6:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,101
Gold Stars: 19
Kris I believe the owners will let the season ticket holder have their seat for the rearranged game as it's the right and rational thing to do not as you say because they are 'nice people'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 78
pizzzza
August 17, 2022, 6:36pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from aldi_01
It’s really flipping simple. The STH gets their seat as normal. The person who bought the resale seat (how many out of interest?) gets dibs on a ticket elsewhere or a refund.

Simple.

Let's not be too hasty..., surely we can get at least another couple of pages out of this "riveting" topic?
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 78
Poojah
August 17, 2022, 6:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,666
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Kris2

The argument here is like having a ticket to the Reading Festival and you find you can't make the date so then you sell on your ticket, then it has to be rearranged through no fault of the promoter and you're demanding they give you a new ticket for the event for free. I know you'll want to answer "But Kris2, I'd be making a profit by selling my ticket so it's not the same thing!". You decided to give that profit to the club out of your own "goodwill" as you call it, now you are demanding a free ticket for a match you no longer had a ticket for.

And that’s the part of the argument you’re not getting; I didn’t “sell” my ticket. Had I done, it’s a completely different equation, but I didn’t. I took the time, however small, to do something of no benefit to myself for the benefit of another party. That right there is the very definition of a favour, as you put it.

I did that on the premise of the game being on a particular date which I could not attend, a scenario which has now changed. If the club takes up a policy whereby those surrendering their ticket when they cannot make games are at risk of losing out, the very premise of the seat release system is undermined and will simply not be used.

What probably needs to happen in future is released seats are flagged accordingly in the booking system so that anyone purchasing them is aware they are not guaranteed a ticket in the event of a postponement or abandonment.

I’m not sure where your apparent resentment of season ticket holders stems from. It may seem less relevant at this moment in time but in the past STs have provided crucial income for the club, not least during that disastrous Covid season. I don’t want a medal or putting on a pedestal; I just don’t want to lose out having done something for the benefit of others. Do you genuinely see that as an arrogant or unreasonable stance?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 78
aldi_01
August 17, 2022, 6:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
flipping hell. I hope we sign someone or something becauee 6 pages from a non discussion is flipping boring…

The solution is simple, we all know that will be the solution. If there’s a possibility that a game be abandoned and you don’t get your filet back because you have it back to the club then STH won’t bottom themselves selling it back.

I mean, to be fair, I reckon most of us could find someone to lend out ST to anyway…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 78
Lost in Lincoln
August 17, 2022, 6:58pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +387
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Kris2

You choosing not to attend a match is not grounds for a refund or a ticket to the rescheduled match. The person who bought the ticket you released was affected by the weather so they'll get a refund or be able to attend the rescheduled fixture. I'm not sure why this is a surprise for you.

Firstly, whether I choose to go to a game or not, is irrelevant.

The problem arises if the person who bought the 'released' seat, has a claim to that seat for the re-arranged game.

So the STH has selflessly given up his seat to be resold, and then couldn't attend the re-arranged game.  If you think that is fair, then I hope you don't work in customer service.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 78
Lost in Lincoln
August 17, 2022, 7:01pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +387
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Kris2

Stop sucking yourself off acting like you did the club a favour for a minute and maybe you'd see sense. You decided to take a holiday, you decided to release your ticket yourself meaning the ticket can be sold by the club again. The ticket was sold and the purchaser of said ticket that YOU GAVE UP has the right to either a refund or to take their seat that they purchased failing because YOU GAVE IT UP.

Maybe if you write another rant and get in the local papers they'll give you another seat that you can take if you don't go on holiday again at a time when the country is struggling financially, Must be nice to be able to take a holiday.  

Christ alive, you don't get it, do you?

If that was the case, no STH would give up their seat, they'd just leave it empty.  Bizarre that you think this is the way to go.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rearranged ticket issue

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.