diehardmariner
August 17, 2022, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from NewtoN
Surely common sense will prevail and the club will have a list of season tickets that were put up for resale and they will offer the people that bought those tickets a ticket elsewhere in the ground before going on general sale.

Anything other than this will be a bizarre approach.  

Not too many gaps in the window now to fit this in before we get into the winter months.

6th Sept
27th Sept
4th October
11th October

Wouldn't surprise me if this gets rearranged for November when there's no scheduled midweek fixtures (other than the 3rd round of the League Cup).
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 78
jamesgtfc
August 17, 2022, 2:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner

Anything other than this will be a bizarre approach.  

Not too many gaps in the window now to fit this in before we get into the winter months.

6th Sept
27th Sept
4th October
11th October

Wouldn't surprise me if this gets rearranged for November when there's no scheduled midweek fixtures (other than the 3rd round of the League Cup).

Pretty sure it has to be played within 42 days of the original date which leaves means it needs playing Tuesday 27th September at the latest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 78
Poojah
August 17, 2022, 2:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from buckstown
By chance I didn't give mine up but if you did I think you have to accept you gave it up for GTFC v Carlisle.

Why? I went out of my way while on holiday up a ticket, for no benefit to myself whatsoever, for a fixture on a date when I was out of the country. If I can make the rearranged game, I expect to be able to sit in the seat that I paid for as part of a season long investment, and in my case (and no doubt the case of many others) the seat that I have paid for for many years on end (including the Covid season for which I got to see zero games) when demand for tickets was often at an all time low.

In your scenario the club will have benefited from the sale of my ticket as part of my ST, the resale of my seat which I voluntarily offered up, and then require me to purchase another ticket elsewhere (if available) so effectively generating 3x the revenue from one seat. I don’t think the club can be seen to be doing that, or worse still preventing ST holders from attending a league game altogether when all they have tried to be do is be helpful.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 78
Kris2
August 17, 2022, 3:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

That's a bit shite!  I'd be more than miffed if this was the case and I lost out effectively twice.

You choosing not to attend a match is not grounds for a refund or a ticket to the rescheduled match. The person who bought the ticket you released was affected by the weather so they'll get a refund or be able to attend the rescheduled fixture. I'm not sure why this is a surprise for you.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 78
supertown
August 17, 2022, 3:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Kris2

You choosing not to attend a match is not grounds for a refund or a ticket to the rescheduled match. The person who bought the ticket you released was affected by the weather so they'll get a refund or be able to attend the rescheduled fixture. I'm not sure why this is a surprise for you.

That’s bull, they gave them up for no reward at all . If you think the purchaser will get the ticket then that would encourage STH to just leave their seat empty . Wouldn’t make sense
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 78
Poojah
August 17, 2022, 3:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Kris2

If I hadn’t released my ticket (which I did because it felt like the right thing to do since I couldn’t be there) then I would have been entitled to attend the rearranged game, so why having acted generously should that be any different?

In the event that I had released my ticket to benefit from financial compensation then your argument may make a degree of sense, but having gained the sum total of fúck all for doing so it does not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 78
grimps
August 17, 2022, 3:31pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
I’m sure there will be enough seats to go around
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 78
GrimPol
August 17, 2022, 4:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -783
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Poojah

If I hadn’t released my ticket (which I did because it felt like the right thing to do since I couldn’t be there) then I would have been entitled to attend the rearranged game, so why having acted generously should that be any different?

In the event that I had released my ticket to benefit from financial compensation then your argument may make a degree of sense, but having gained the sum total of fúck all for doing so it does not.

I'm not quite following this. I assume someone paid for your your seat at full price? i.e. not ST discount rate.
Recap: Your ST seat was sold to someone, who might get 60% refund (as I see it) . You get 100% "refund" as you can watch the rescheduled match.(
Is the problem that whoever bought your seat (for that game) has some "claim" for the re-scheduled match in the future?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 78
Poojah
August 17, 2022, 4:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

I'm not quite following this. I assume someone paid for your your seat at full price? i.e. not ST discount rate.
Recap: Your ST seat was sold to someone, who might get 60% refund (as I see it) . You get 100% "refund" as you can watch the rescheduled match.(
Is the problem that whoever bought your seat (for that game) has some "claim" for the re-scheduled match in the future?

Yeah, the argument is who is entitled to the seat for the rescheduled game; the season ticket holder who released their seat for resale or the person who bought it.

I couldn’t make last night’s game as I am currently in the US, but I should be able to make the rescheduled fixture. My argument is that, as the person who has made a season-long commitment, I should be entitled to the seat whilst others argue that having “released” it I have waived my right to that fixture regardless of date.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 78
MuddyWaters
August 17, 2022, 4:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Kris2

As a STH, I can assure you that your suggested solution would discourage others from releasing their seats in the future.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rearranged ticket issue

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.