Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: always grimsby, August 16, 2022, 8:58pm
What will happen now for the rearranged fixture
The season ticket holders who couldn’t make it and the tickets were re-sold ?
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, August 16, 2022, 9:01pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from always grimsby

Unlucky I guess
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 16, 2022, 9:03pm; Reply: 2

Good question.
Posted by: Poojah, August 16, 2022, 9:08pm; Reply: 3

At most clubs, if the ticket has been re-sold, the season ticket holder would have to buy a new ticket if they wanted to attend the rearranged fixture.

I don’t know if Town have the same T&Cs but I would imagine so.

Surely it has to work in the favour of the person who has made the greatest commitment, i.e. the season ticket holder. I gave mine up tonight because I couldn’t attend and I wanted the club and others who wanted to attend the game to benefit, but I’d be pretty miffed if that meant I couldn’t use my ticket for the rearranged fixture.
Posted by: supertown, August 16, 2022, 9:10pm; Reply: 4
Think it is a 60 percent refund before ht isn’t it , that will be for the person who bought the available ticket and the original season ticket holder gets his/her ticket back
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, August 16, 2022, 9:14pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Poojah

Surely it has to work in the favour of the person who has made the greatest commitment, i.e. the season ticket holder. I gave mine up tonight because I couldn’t attend and I wanted the club and others who wanted to attend the game to benefit, but I’d be pretty miffed if that meant I couldn’t use my ticket for the rearranged fixture.

Imagine if the rearranged fixture gets abandoned due to a tornado and is postponed until the end of the season. Carlisle or Grimsby for the final playoff place. You’d be more than a bit miffed then.  :)
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 16, 2022, 9:14pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from supertown
Think it is a 60 percent refund before ht isn’t it , that will be for the person who bought the available ticket and the original season ticket holder gets his/her ticket back

I thought it was 100% refund before HT ?

Posted by: HerveJosse, August 16, 2022, 9:16pm; Reply: 7
I think this one will need Aristotle to resolve.
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 16, 2022, 9:22pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from always grimsby

I was thinking exactly the same on the way home.

I would think that anyone who has bought a STH's seat, will have to be refunded.  I can't see another way around it.
Posted by: pizzzza, August 16, 2022, 9:24pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Poojah

Surely it has to work in the favour of the person who has made the greatest commitment, i.e. the season ticket holder.

It would have to be in the STH's favour wouldn't it? Else no STH would bother releasing their ticket ever again just in case we get another A-A.
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 16, 2022, 9:25pm; Reply: 10

At most clubs, if the ticket has been re-sold, the season ticket holder would have to buy a new ticket if they wanted to attend the rearranged fixture.

That's a bit shite!  I'd be more than miffed if this was the case and I lost out effectively twice.
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 16, 2022, 9:25pm; Reply: 11

That's a bit shite!  I'd be more than miffed if this was the case and I lost out effectively twice.
Posted by: HerveJosse, August 16, 2022, 9:31pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from HerveJosse
I think this one will need Aristotle to resolve.

Though Jason does have a philosophy degree
Posted by: NewtoN, August 17, 2022, 8:09am; Reply: 13
Surely common sense will prevail and the club will have a list of season tickets that were put up for resale and they will offer the people that bought those tickets a ticket elsewhere in the ground before going on general sale.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 17, 2022, 9:09am; Reply: 14
Quoted from NewtoN
Surely common sense will prevail and the club will have a list of season tickets that were put up for resale and they will offer the people that bought those tickets a ticket elsewhere in the ground before going on general sale.

This is the common sense approach. Wait for the rearranged date, give those who bought a ticket a couple of days to claim refunds, contact STHs who released their seat to find out their availability and anyone who has a ticket for a seat the STH now wants can be contacted and moved to another seat. Sort all the messy admin before others start buying tickets.

Yet again it's another great problem to have.
Posted by: buckstown, August 17, 2022, 9:13am; Reply: 15
Had this very conversation with my son last night. By chance I didn't give mine up but if you did I think you have to accept you gave it up for GTFC v Carlisle. Nobody can be blamed for the act of god that intervened
Posted by: GrimPol, August 17, 2022, 9:39am; Reply: 16
Quoted from promotion plaice

I thought it was 100% refund before HT ?

This taken straight out of EFL rules  6.3 is the interest.
6 Changes to Dates, Refunds & Exchanges
6.1 No guarantees can be given by the EFL that the Match will take place at a particular time or on a particular date. The EFL reserves the right to reschedule any Match without notice and without any liability whatsoever.
6.2 In the event of the postponement of a Match before you have entered the Ground and before kick-off, the Ticket will be valid for the rearranged playing of the Match.
6.3 Where a Match is postponed after you have entered the Ground, but before the Match has kicked-off, entry to the Ground or any substitute Ground for the re-arranged Match shall only be permitted on presentation of the ticket and subject to compliance with any other requirements announced by the EFL at the time. In the event of the abandonment of a Match after kick-off you will be entitled to either (i) a sixty per cent (60%) refund where abandonment occurs before the start of the second half of the Match or (ii) a forty per cent (40%) refund where abandonment occurs after the start of the second half of the Match but before the final whistle. In these circumstances you would need to purchase a new Ticket if the Match was rearranged.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 17, 2022, 10:09am; Reply: 17
Quoted from buckstown
Had this very conversation with my son last night. By chance I didn't give mine up but if you did I think you have to accept you gave it up for GTFC v Carlisle. Nobody can be blamed for the act of god that intervened

I can see it both ways, if you bought a ticket and can make the rearranged fixture you will quite rightly feel aggrieved if it is taken off you. If you couldn't make it as a STH but can make the rearranged one, you will also quite rightly feel aggrieved.

It's a great problem to have but I think everyone it affects will end up with a decent outcome.
Posted by: Rasen 17, August 17, 2022, 11:09am; Reply: 18
I bought a released ticket in the main as the seat had a reserved on it, but as l live in Leicester  will be happy to get some money back and for the STH to sit in their own seat
Posted by: DB, August 17, 2022, 11:27am; Reply: 19
We will have to wait for the rearranged date for more information, as per the club website.

https://gtfc.co.uk/carlisle-united-match-abandoned/
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 17, 2022, 12:52pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from NewtoN

Anything other than this will be a bizarre approach.  

Not too many gaps in the window now to fit this in before we get into the winter months.

6th Sept
27th Sept
4th October
11th October

Wouldn't surprise me if this gets rearranged for November when there's no scheduled midweek fixtures (other than the 3rd round of the League Cup).
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 17, 2022, 2:24pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from diehardmariner

Anything other than this will be a bizarre approach.  

Not too many gaps in the window now to fit this in before we get into the winter months.

6th Sept
27th Sept
4th October
11th October

Wouldn't surprise me if this gets rearranged for November when there's no scheduled midweek fixtures (other than the 3rd round of the League Cup).

Pretty sure it has to be played within 42 days of the original date which leaves means it needs playing Tuesday 27th September at the latest.
Posted by: Poojah, August 17, 2022, 2:53pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from buckstown
By chance I didn't give mine up but if you did I think you have to accept you gave it up for GTFC v Carlisle.

Why? I went out of my way while on holiday up a ticket, for no benefit to myself whatsoever, for a fixture on a date when I was out of the country. If I can make the rearranged game, I expect to be able to sit in the seat that I paid for as part of a season long investment, and in my case (and no doubt the case of many others) the seat that I have paid for for many years on end (including the Covid season for which I got to see zero games) when demand for tickets was often at an all time low.

In your scenario the club will have benefited from the sale of my ticket as part of my ST, the resale of my seat which I voluntarily offered up, and then require me to purchase another ticket elsewhere (if available) so effectively generating 3x the revenue from one seat. I don’t think the club can be seen to be doing that, or worse still preventing ST holders from attending a league game altogether when all they have tried to be do is be helpful.

Posted by: Kris2, August 17, 2022, 3:01pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

You choosing not to attend a match is not grounds for a refund or a ticket to the rescheduled match. The person who bought the ticket you released was affected by the weather so they'll get a refund or be able to attend the rescheduled fixture. I'm not sure why this is a surprise for you.
Posted by: supertown, August 17, 2022, 3:05pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Kris2

You choosing not to attend a match is not grounds for a refund or a ticket to the rescheduled match. The person who bought the ticket you released was affected by the weather so they'll get a refund or be able to attend the rescheduled fixture. I'm not sure why this is a surprise for you.

That’s bull, they gave them up for no reward at all . If you think the purchaser will get the ticket then that would encourage STH to just leave their seat empty . Wouldn’t make sense
Posted by: Poojah, August 17, 2022, 3:10pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Kris2

If I hadn’t released my ticket (which I did because it felt like the right thing to do since I couldn’t be there) then I would have been entitled to attend the rearranged game, so why having acted generously should that be any different?

In the event that I had released my ticket to benefit from financial compensation then your argument may make a degree of sense, but having gained the sum total of fúck all for doing so it does not.
Posted by: grimps, August 17, 2022, 3:31pm; Reply: 26
I’m sure there will be enough seats to go around
Posted by: GrimPol, August 17, 2022, 4:13pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Poojah

If I hadn’t released my ticket (which I did because it felt like the right thing to do since I couldn’t be there) then I would have been entitled to attend the rearranged game, so why having acted generously should that be any different?

In the event that I had released my ticket to benefit from financial compensation then your argument may make a degree of sense, but having gained the sum total of fúck all for doing so it does not.

I'm not quite following this. I assume someone paid for your your seat at full price? i.e. not ST discount rate.
Recap: Your ST seat was sold to someone, who might get 60% refund (as I see it) . You get 100% "refund" as you can watch the rescheduled match.(
Is the problem that whoever bought your seat (for that game) has some "claim" for the re-scheduled match in the future?
Posted by: Poojah, August 17, 2022, 4:40pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from GrimPol

I'm not quite following this. I assume someone paid for your your seat at full price? i.e. not ST discount rate.
Recap: Your ST seat was sold to someone, who might get 60% refund (as I see it) . You get 100% "refund" as you can watch the rescheduled match.(
Is the problem that whoever bought your seat (for that game) has some "claim" for the re-scheduled match in the future?

Yeah, the argument is who is entitled to the seat for the rescheduled game; the season ticket holder who released their seat for resale or the person who bought it.

I couldn’t make last night’s game as I am currently in the US, but I should be able to make the rescheduled fixture. My argument is that, as the person who has made a season-long commitment, I should be entitled to the seat whilst others argue that having “released” it I have waived my right to that fixture regardless of date.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 17, 2022, 4:41pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Kris2

As a STH, I can assure you that your suggested solution would discourage others from releasing their seats in the future.
Posted by: pen penfras, August 17, 2022, 4:43pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from GrimPol

I get it. He paid full price for a season ticket, he gave up his seat because he couldn't attend at no benefit to himself. Now he can make the rearranged fixture but might not be able to attend something he paid for months ago. If that happened, there is zero incentive for anybody to ever release a seat for the club to benefit because there's a tiny chance you might lose out by doing so. I get that the person who bought that seat will equally feel aggrieved if they can't go, but that's surely the risk of not buying a season ticket.

I highly doubt it'll come to that and suspect everybody who paid for a ticket, season ticket or otherwise will get to go once refunds and availability changes.
Posted by: supertown, August 17, 2022, 4:47pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from GrimPol

I think some people are getting confused and assume the STH gets the cash for the ticket.
They don’t , the club do. It’s just a goodwill gesture to give it up for resale
Posted by: Kris2, August 17, 2022, 4:50pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Poojah

Stop sucking yourself off acting like you did the club a favour for a minute and maybe you'd see sense. You decided to take a holiday, you decided to release your ticket yourself meaning the ticket can be sold by the club again. The ticket was sold and the purchaser of said ticket that YOU GAVE UP has the right to either a refund or to take their seat that they purchased failing because YOU GAVE IT UP.

Maybe if you write another rant and get in the local papers they'll give you another seat that you can take if you don't go on holiday again at a time when the country is struggling financially, Must be nice to be able to take a holiday.  ;D
Posted by: Kris2, August 17, 2022, 4:54pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from supertown

I think some people are getting confused and assume the STH gets the cash for the ticket.
They don’t , the club do. It’s just a goodwill gesture to give it up for resale

It's not a goodwill gesture except in your own heads. The fans of this club love to blow their own trumpet and talk about how great they are for even the most mundane of things.  ;D

You voluntarily gave up a ticket to a game you couldn't attend, that means the seat is no longer yours for that game, an act of God caused the game to be abandoned so the seat belongs to the person who purchased it and not you. There is no such thing as "first dibs" in this situation because the seat is no longer yours for that game. If you purchased a season ticket and can not attend a game that is not the problem of the club, somebody put it into your heads that releasing your seat is this grand gesture and a bunch of you did it, now the game is called off and you're throwing a hissy fit because your seat was sold to somebody else for that game. Get over it.
Posted by: pen penfras, August 17, 2022, 4:57pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Kris2

Stop sucking yourself off acting like you did the club a favour for a minute and maybe you'd see sense. You decided to take a holiday, you decided to release your ticket yourself meaning the ticket can be sold by the club again. The ticket was sold and the purchaser of said ticket that YOU GAVE UP has the right to either a refund or to take their seat that they purchased failing because YOU GAVE IT UP.

Maybe if you write another rant and get in the local papers they'll give you another seat that you can take if you don't go on holiday again at a time when the country is struggling financially, Must be nice to be able to take a holiday.  ;D

You can look at it that way, but why would anybody ever give up their seat for free again if that was the approach?
Posted by: pen penfras, August 17, 2022, 4:59pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Kris2

It's not a goodwill gesture except in your own heads. The fans of this club love to blow their own trumpet and talk about how great they are for even the most mundane of things.  ;D

You voluntarily gave up a ticket to a game you couldn't attend, that means the seat is no longer yours for that game, an act of God caused the game to be abandoned so the seat belongs to the person who purchased it and not you. There is no such thing as "first dibs" in this situation because the seat is no longer yours for that game. If you purchased a season ticket and can not attend a game that is not the problem of the club, somebody put it into your heads that releasing your seat is this grand gesture and a bunch of you did it, now the game is called off and you're throwing a hissy fit because your seat was sold to somebody else for that game. Get over it.

So what would you call giving up something you've paid for so that the club can make a bit more money as if it's not goodwill?
Posted by: Poojah, August 17, 2022, 5:04pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Kris2

I’m going to look past your unnecessary passive aggression and politely point out that I did do the club a favour; that’s literally what I was doing in releasing the ticket for resale last night. What prevailed is a scenario that I, and I suspect the club, had not considered. If it is policy that abandoned or postponed games do not see released tickets returned to the ST holder then no one will do it in future, it’s as simple as that.

Not sure why you felt it necessary to bring my financial status (or at least your perspective of it) into it, but I hope that if you’re struggling things improve for you in the not too distant future. I’m not going to apologise for taking my kids abroad on holiday for the first time in three years.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 17, 2022, 5:04pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Kris2

As others have said, why would anyone give up their seat again? The phrase ‘season ticket’ means it is your seat for the league season. It’s up to the club to find a solution and I suspect they’ll come up with something better than you suggest.
Posted by: DB, August 17, 2022, 5:05pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Poojah

Yeah, the argument is who is entitled to the seat for the rescheduled game; the season ticket holder who released their seat for resale or the person who bought it.

I couldn’t make last night’s game as I am currently in the US, but I should be able to make the rescheduled fixture. My argument is that, as the person who has made a season-long commitment, I should be entitled to the seat whilst others argue that having “released” it I have waived my right to that fixture regardless of date.

I think if you look at the terms and conditions under which you bought the ST. Was it sold for specific dates or specific matches? Likewise, the terms under which you returned the ticket to the club, again was it for the date or the match?

If the ticket was for a date which has now been moved then you should have the seat for the new date. However, if it was for the Carlisle match then you might have a problem.

I think this simplifies your problem. I'm not legally trained, but I'm up on the law of contract, which is why I referred to the terms and conditions of the transactions.

Hope this helps you and others who might have the same problem.

Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, August 17, 2022, 5:07pm; Reply: 39
Can't quite believe what I'm reading of course the seat is the season ticket holders for the rearranged game..
Posted by: DB, August 17, 2022, 5:17pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Can't quite believe what I'm reading of course the seat is the season ticket holders for the rearranged game..

Consider a different viewpoint. Somebody orders a ticket for the Carlise game and is given a seat, he/she does not know where the seat came from because the club supplied the seat. The game is rearranged and he/she is entitled to the seat they have paid for by the law of contract.

Unfortunately, the law doesn't deal with things being fair, which is why I said that it all depends upon the terms and conditions of purchase.

Posted by: oochiad, August 17, 2022, 5:20pm; Reply: 41
Totally unnecessary your appalling aggressive rant Kris2 and unite simply wrong. With your attitude then no one will relinquish there seat if they can’t make it, the club will clearly miss out and it’s obviously goodwill on the season ticket holders part. The person who bought the resale ticket should get a refund, it’s their problem that they didn’t make a commitment for a season ticket and were very fortunate to get the opportunity last night but with the hand of god they didn’t get to see the full game, a refund for them and that should be the end of it.
Posted by: codcheeky, August 17, 2022, 5:23pm; Reply: 42
I think the club will be obliged to offer refunds to those who bought a returned season ticket and perhaps a priority booking opportunity for the rearranged fixture.  There is no way season ticket holders should lose out on this scenario unless they have sold their seats privately for financial gain
Posted by: Zmariner, August 17, 2022, 5:25pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from supertown

That’s bull, they gave them up for no reward at all . If you think the purchaser will get the ticket then that would encourage STH to just leave their seat empty . Wouldn’t make sense

Exactly we would leave the seats empty , Somebody said earlier give the purchaser priority and in getting a new ticket and a refund as well. Common sense prevails
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 17, 2022, 5:27pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Kris2

When Poojah has stopped sucking himself off and sent you the video by DM so you can perfect your technique, don't be surprised if STHs think twice about surrendering it next time.

I can see both sides of the argument, luckily it isn't the Forest game we are talking about so I'm sure everyone will be happy with the outcome once the fixture is rearranged.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 17, 2022, 5:28pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from DB

Consider a different viewpoint. Somebody orders a ticket for the Carlise game and is given a seat, he/she does not know where the seat came from because the club supplied the seat. The game is rearranged and he/she is entitled to the seat they have paid for by the law of contract.

Unfortunately, the law doesn't deal with things being fair, which is why I said that it all depends upon the terms and conditions of purchase.

I think you will find that contract law allows the seller to supply goods of equal or better value if the original is no longer available, or a refund if you do not accept that. So I think you will find the club will offer anyone who purchased a season ticket holders seat a refund or a different seat.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 17, 2022, 5:30pm; Reply: 46
Question for Kris2.

Would you rather non attending STHs give up their seat for resale or give it up to a mate or, worse still, sell its use to someone else?
Posted by: ginnywings, August 17, 2022, 6:04pm; Reply: 47
Give the resale ST buyers a refund and let them buy another ticket somewhere else, or keep their admission if they cannot attend or don't want to sit elsewhere. It'll be a night game and there will be spaces available.

Simple and everybody happy.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 17, 2022, 6:11pm; Reply: 48
It’s really flipping simple. The STH gets their seat as normal. The person who bought the resale seat (how many out of interest?) gets dibs on a ticket elsewhere or a refund.

Simple.
Posted by: Kris2, August 17, 2022, 6:13pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from oochiad
Totally unnecessary your appalling aggressive rant Kris2 and unite simply wrong. With your attitude then no one will relinquish there seat if they can’t make it, the club will clearly miss out and it’s obviously goodwill on the season ticket holders part. The person who bought the resale ticket should get a refund, it’s their problem that they didn’t make a commitment for a season ticket and were very fortunate to get the opportunity last night but with the hand of god they didn’t get to see the full game, a refund for them and that should be the end of it.

It's not wrong though is it. It's only wrong if you assume a ST holder is some benevolent being and the club benefits heavily from them. All you did as a ST holder is commit to buying tickets early at a heavily discounted price, without being a ST holder with the games I can make it to the club is probably making the same amount from me as they do a ST holder, for somebody attending every game home and away who is not a ST holder they are making way more. Being like "I can't go, I'll give up my seat" is not goodwill, this is not a charity you are giving to, you're saying you can't attend a game you bought at a heavily discounted price so the club just resells the seat. That's not goodwill or anything close to it.

Honestly the sense of entitlement from ST holders is getting funny. You'd think you donated thousands to the club out your pocket and that the club owes you something. The argument here is like having a ticket to the Reading Festival and you find you can't make the date so then you sell on your ticket, then it has to be rearranged through no fault of the promoter and you're demanding they give you a new ticket for the event for free. I know you'll want to answer "But Kris2, I'd be making a profit by selling my ticket so it's not the same thing!". You decided to give that profit to the club out of your own "goodwill" as you call it, now you are demanding a free ticket for a match you no longer had a ticket for.

I'm sure you'll get your way because the new owners are just nice people who want to please the fans but don't act like you're the good guys in this situation or in the right. I know this upsets you because you love yourselves and think you are important but get over it.
Posted by: DB, August 17, 2022, 6:16pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

I think you will find that contract law allows the seller to supply goods of equal or better value if the original is no longer available, or a refund if you do not accept that. So I think you will find the club will offer anyone who purchased a season ticket holders seat a refund or a different seat.

I agree with what you say. However, it all depends on the T's & C's of the original contract.

That said I'm sure the club will look after everybody.
Posted by: Kris2, August 17, 2022, 6:16pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Question for Kris2.

Would you rather non attending STHs give up their seat for resale or give it up to a mate or, worse still, sell its use to someone else?

I don't care? That's completely up to you tbh. I'd rather ST holders don't start crying and making demands when they give up a ticket and the match gets rearranged. What if you can't make the rearranged game? Do you still demand a refund or a new seat for a game you couldn't attend in the first place?

Quoted from aldi_01
It’s really flipping simple. The STH gets their seat as normal. The person who bought the resale seat (how many out of interest?) gets dibs on a ticket elsewhere or a refund.

Simple.

Why do you get a seat you gave up for that game? You already gave it up and it was sold to somebody else. You can't demand the person who bought your ticket resold gives it back to you for the Liam Gallagher gig you couldn't attend because they rearranged the gig on a day you could attend because he broke his ribs in a fight and had to cancel the gig. Your assumption is ST holders get priority treatment and importance because you chose to commit to paying for tickets early for a huge discount. They would have made more from that seat if they sold it every game for a regular match ticket instead of the massive discount the club gave you for buying advance tickets.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 17, 2022, 6:17pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Kris2

It's not wrong though is it. It's only wrong if you assume a ST holder is some benevolent being and the club benefits heavily from them. All you did as a ST holder is commit to buying tickets early at a heavily discounted price, without being a ST holder with the games I can make it to the club is probably making the same amount from me as they do a ST holder, for somebody attending every game home and away who is not a ST holder they are making way more. Being like "I can't go, I'll give up my seat" is not goodwill, this is not a charity you are giving to, you're saying you can't attend a game you bought at a heavily discounted price so the club just resells the seat. That's not goodwill or anything close to it.

Honestly the sense of entitlement from ST holders is getting funny. You'd think you donated thousands to the club out your pocket and that the club owes you something. The argument here is like having a ticket to the Reading Festival and you find you can't make the date so then you sell on your ticket, then it has to be rearranged through no fault of the promoter and you're demanding they give you a new ticket for the event for free. I know you'll want to answer "But Kris2, I'd be making a profit by selling my ticket so it's not the same thing!". You decided to give that profit to the club out of your own "goodwill" as you call it, now you are demanding a free ticket for a match you no longer had a ticket for.

I'm sure you'll get your way because the new owners are just nice people who want to please the fans but don't act like you're the good guys in this situation or in the right. I know this upsets you because you love yourselves and think you are important but get over it.

And you keep on digging.

Without fans, there is no club. The fans are the club.
Posted by: supertown, August 17, 2022, 6:19pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Kris2

I don't care? That's completely up to you tbh. I'd rather ST holders don't start crying and making demands when they give up a ticket and the match gets rearranged. What if you can't make the rearranged game? Do you still demand a refund or a new seat for a game you couldn't attend in the first place?

You’re odd
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, August 17, 2022, 6:21pm; Reply: 54
Kris I believe the owners will let the season ticket holder have their seat for the rearranged game as it's the right and rational thing to do not as you say because they are 'nice people'
Posted by: pizzzza, August 17, 2022, 6:36pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from aldi_01

Simple.

Let's not be too hasty..., surely we can get at least another couple of pages out of this "riveting" topic?
Posted by: Poojah, August 17, 2022, 6:46pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Kris2

The argument here is like having a ticket to the Reading Festival and you find you can't make the date so then you sell on your ticket, then it has to be rearranged through no fault of the promoter and you're demanding they give you a new ticket for the event for free. I know you'll want to answer "But Kris2, I'd be making a profit by selling my ticket so it's not the same thing!". You decided to give that profit to the club out of your own "goodwill" as you call it, now you are demanding a free ticket for a match you no longer had a ticket for.

And that’s the part of the argument you’re not getting; I didn’t “sell” my ticket. Had I done, it’s a completely different equation, but I didn’t. I took the time, however small, to do something of no benefit to myself for the benefit of another party. That right there is the very definition of a favour, as you put it.

I did that on the premise of the game being on a particular date which I could not attend, a scenario which has now changed. If the club takes up a policy whereby those surrendering their ticket when they cannot make games are at risk of losing out, the very premise of the seat release system is undermined and will simply not be used.

What probably needs to happen in future is released seats are flagged accordingly in the booking system so that anyone purchasing them is aware they are not guaranteed a ticket in the event of a postponement or abandonment.

I’m not sure where your apparent resentment of season ticket holders stems from. It may seem less relevant at this moment in time but in the past STs have provided crucial income for the club, not least during that disastrous Covid season. I don’t want a medal or putting on a pedestal; I just don’t want to lose out having done something for the benefit of others. Do you genuinely see that as an arrogant or unreasonable stance?
Posted by: aldi_01, August 17, 2022, 6:49pm; Reply: 57
flipping hell. I hope we sign someone or something becauee 6 pages from a non discussion is flipping boring…

The solution is simple, we all know that will be the solution. If there’s a possibility that a game be abandoned and you don’t get your filet back because you have it back to the club then STH won’t bottom themselves selling it back.

I mean, to be fair, I reckon most of us could find someone to lend out ST to anyway…
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 17, 2022, 6:58pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Kris2

Firstly, whether I choose to go to a game or not, is irrelevant.

The problem arises if the person who bought the 'released' seat, has a claim to that seat for the re-arranged game.

So the STH has selflessly given up his seat to be resold, and then couldn't attend the re-arranged game.  If you think that is fair, then I hope you don't work in customer service.

Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 17, 2022, 7:01pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Kris2

Christ alive, you don't get it, do you?

If that was the case, no STH would give up their seat, they'd just leave it empty.  Bizarre that you think this is the way to go.
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 17, 2022, 7:07pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Kris2

Wow.  Is that chip weighing heavy?

Posted by: HerveJosse, August 17, 2022, 7:15pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from ginnywings

And you keep on digging.

Without fans, there is no club. The fans are the club.

As predicted earlier this thread has led into territory that only the greatest minds can resolve.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 17, 2022, 7:25pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from HerveJosse

As predicted earlier this thread has led into territory that only the greatest minds can resolve.

All this faffarsing about and cryarsing and the solution has been given by myself and others.

People over complicating for the sake of it. Using comparisons of gig tickets yet we’re talking about season tickets. People getting their knickers in a twist over something and nothing.

I’d shut the thread now before anymore minds are lost…
Posted by: ginnywings, August 17, 2022, 7:28pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from HerveJosse

It's alright. JS has a philosophy degree.
Posted by: Poojah, August 17, 2022, 9:14pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from aldi_01
flipping hell. I hope we sign someone or something becauee 6 pages from a non discussion is flipping boring…

The solution is simple, we all know that will be the solution. If there’s a possibility that a game be abandoned and you don’t get your filet back because you have it back to the club then STH won’t bottom themselves selling it back.

I mean, to be fair, I reckon most of us could find someone to lend out ST to anyway…

Don’t get me wrong aldi my old pal, I recognise that the solution is simple and the most likely destination the club will arrive at, and I am always willing to consider opposing views on most things (don’t go denying the holocaust, mind).

The thing is, there are two basic ways of delivering an opposing view. The first is by presenting the key points of your argument in a well mannered, properly thought out and considered manner.

Then there’s the second route, which involves steaming in with your emotions on display like a builder’s àrse crack, foaming at the mouth and thrashing at your keyboard like some kind of deranged arthropod whilst going off on more tangents than an Ian Holloway trigonometry lesson and ultimately throwing around your poorly thought out ideas like an ill-disciplined chimpanzee lobbing his own faeces at the enclosure wall.

Route two, evidently, is the path our friend Kris2 has opted to go down, collecting red crosses like fuzzy little Pokémon along the way. Bring back Kris1 I say; sequels are always shít.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 17, 2022, 9:18pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Poojah

Don’t get my wrong aldi my old pal, I recognise that the solution is simple and the most likely destination the club will arrive at, and I am always willing to consider opposing views on most things (don’t go denying the holocaust, mind).

The thing is, there are two basic ways of delivering an opposing view. The first is by presenting the key points of your argument in a well mannered, properly thought out and considered manner.

Then there’s the second route, which involves steaming in with your emotions on display like a builder’s àrse crack, foaming at the mouth and thrashing at your keyboard like some kind of deranged arthropod whilst going off on more tangents than an Ian Holloway trigonometry lesson and ultimately throwing around your poorly thought out ideas like an ill-disciplined chimpanzee throwing his own faeces at the enclosure wall.

Route two, evidently, is the path our friend Kris2 has opted to go down. Bring back Kris1 I say; sequels are always shít.

Unless it’s the Terminator, the second one is the best…
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 18, 2022, 9:53am; Reply: 66
There's absolutely no way on earth the club are going to tell ST holders who released their ST, like Poojah did in this case, that they can't have their own seat that they've paid for once the game is rearranged.

That's a guaranteed way to make sure that no-one will ever release their ST seat for games they can't attend in future and probably deter anyone from renewing/signing up in future.

Kris' argument is an odd one and if not one I agree with it's his opinion, he loses the argument altogether when he gets personal though.  But the argument he does make raises a future conundrum.  

We were there or thereabouts with a sellout on Tuesday, so there's little room for wiggle.  The club will have taken advantage of seats, like Poojah's, through the resale option.    Poojah will get his seat back for the rearranged game.  The person who bought his seat will likely be told they've got first dibs on the available seats a few days before they go on general sale.... Quite simply, do we have enough seats available to host all the season ticket holders, those who bought unreserved seats and those who bought seats through the resale scheme?

I can't remember the exact numbers but it was a very low number of unsold seats left.  I'd hazard a guess that there's going to be a reliance on ST holders not attending (and putting their seats up for resale) and stub holders opting for refunds rather than getting another ticket.

I would think the rearranged Carlisle game won't be an issue as it's going to be another Tuesday and the weather will have changed a little, it won't be school holidays either so seats will become available.    There's also the flex with the Osmond end too.  Carlisle didn't bring many at all so we can switch them into the corner.  

But if this was, let's say, Doncaster that's rescheduled...
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 18, 2022, 11:06am; Reply: 67
Quoted from diehardmariner

I would think the rearranged Carlisle game won't be an issue as it's going to be another Tuesday and the weather will have changed a little, it won't be school holidays either so seats will become available.    There's also the flex with the Osmond end too.  Carlisle didn't bring many at all so we can switch them into the corner.  

Excellent idea that. It would make another few hundred seats available for Town fans.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 18, 2022, 11:12am; Reply: 68
I think they should sell the Osmond as unreserved seats. Then if it is obvious that an away team has only bought 2-300 tickets then they can be moved to the corner and Town fans can be behind the goal.

Away fans could still use the facilities behind the Osmond and Town fans could use the Fans Zone facilities.
Posted by: HerveJosse, August 18, 2022, 4:57pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I think they should sell the Osmond as unreserved seats. Then if it is obvious that an away team has only bought 2-300 tickets then they can be moved to the corner and Town fans can be behind the goal.

Away fans could still use the facilities behind the Osmond and Town fans could use the Fans Zone facilities.

I get the same impression they have settled on block aand B only for home fans regardless of how many the visitors are bringing . If they were going to swop it over surely the Sutton game was one to do it but they didn’t .
Posted by: MarinerDevil, August 18, 2022, 6:03pm; Reply: 70
27th September for the rearranged game.

Tickets still valid obviously. Mariners TV passes will all be refunded and will have to be repurchased.

https://gtfc.co.uk/new-date-set-for-carlisle-united/
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 19, 2022, 5:11pm; Reply: 71
After all the drama.....

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1560649174357770240?t=MGfWt8bHAfR1L741cSzFcA&s=19
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 19, 2022, 7:16pm; Reply: 72
"We have rolled out a new feature on our online ticket portal which allows season ticket holders the option to ‘release’ their ticket for a specific matchday so other fans can buy it.

After a record 5,831 season tickets were issued for this campaign, seating inside Blundell Park on a matchday is limited. That’s why we are asking season ticket holders who can’t attend a game choose to donate their seat back to the Club for re-sale. This will help supporters who want to attend games find a seat, while also providing the Club with additional ticket revenue during the 2022/23 season. We are currently working on a rewards scheme for fans who donate their seat back on multiple occasions and will be able to update fans on this initiative soon.

The new ‘altruistic button’ was piloted ahead of Tuesday night’s game against Carlisle United and over 50 season ticket holders who couldn’t attend the game generously gave their seat back to Club for re-sale. After the game was abandoned, we will ensure that all those season ticket holders receive their tickets for the rearranged game back on to their cards and those fans who purchased the donated tickets, receive a full refund.

This new feature is a development on the ‘Season Ticket Buy-Back’ option which was trialled last season for the game against Stockport County when we experienced a home sell-out.

We hope that season ticket holders who can’t attend games will choose to use the ‘altruistic button’ so Blundell Park becomes even busier, and nosier, this season"
Posted by: ginnywings, August 19, 2022, 7:26pm; Reply: 73
Don't let Kris2 see that or his head may explode.

Perhaps it has already.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 19, 2022, 7:40pm; Reply: 74
So all that flipping whining and moaning for less than 100 resold tickets…
Posted by: SouthLakesMariner, August 19, 2022, 11:03pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from Poojah

Don’t get me wrong aldi my old pal, I recognise that the solution is simple and the most likely destination the club will arrive at, and I am always willing to consider opposing views on most things (don’t go denying the holocaust, mind).

Then there’s the second route, which involves steaming in with your emotions on display like a builder’s àrse crack, foaming at the mouth and thrashing at your keyboard like some kind of deranged arthropod whilst going off on more tangents than an Ian Holloway trigonometry lesson and ultimately throwing around your poorly thought out ideas like an ill-disciplined chimpanzee lobbing his own faeces at the enclosure wall.

Route two, evidently, is the path our friend Kris2 has opted to go down, collecting red crosses like fuzzy little Pokémon along the way. Bring back Kris1 I say; sequels are always shít.

LOL - this is my reward for wading through 7 pages of this thread.
Posted by: forza ivano, August 20, 2022, 1:32am; Reply: 76
Quoted from Poojah

almost wetting myself laughing.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, August 20, 2022, 5:57am; Reply: 77
Quoted from Poojah

Unlike Poojah rants of course. 😉
Posted by: moosey_club, August 20, 2022, 11:03am; Reply: 78
Everyday is a school day....I now know what Altruistic means...thanks to that statement.

I also didn't realise that the release your seat option was altruistic , I had presumed it was under the £5 buy back as per last seasons trial.

Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 7:57pm